2011 fish pic thread

Fun thread! Nice fish.

This bass surprised me last night at 10 30 while fishing for catfish with a gulp minnow. The other fish were earlier this summer.

98111030pm.jpg

8411catfish2.jpg

61811pike1.jpg

bf441d86.jpg

Bullfrog chased my top water down and actually bit it!!
I have never seen this happen before

Awesome. I've seen em caught by dangling or jigging flies close by em, but never on a top water rig, lol. He's a dandy too, you fry him up?

Went out some this weekend and except for turtles and panfish was almost skunked. If you can believe it, this guy is the smallest of 4 I pulled out on friday before I gave up... not kind to the tackle, and niether was the bulldozer of a snapper I got in the tail last week.
IMG_1809.jpg

I only caught 1 fish that was more than 1lb, and his last good downstream charge took some weight off the drag limit on my cheap shakespeare.
IMG_1838.jpg

Ok, here is my contribution to this thread. This is a good portion of the weeks haul from the Seamen Slingers event. Alas, the conditions were too poor to do any spear fishing. There are about 14 abalone in the cooler, there would have been more but we cooked abs every night. For those of you that have never eaten abalone and are wondering what it tastes like, imagine if God had wanted to make an animal that tasted like butter and you have abalone. Heavenly.
2011-09-09_11-18-20_662.jpg

Catfish were caught today had 2 more that got out of a fish basket 6 fish in 3 hour smallest was 20" largest 26"
the bass were caught over the fourth of july on a crappie pole using small gills for bait. bass were 17-19 " All fish were released

P9180147.jpg

P7020105.jpg

P7020101.jpg

P7020100.jpg

Haven't caught any freshwater fish this year that were picture worthy. Had a great day off the Cape tho striper fishing. i caught 20 stripers 12-30lbs, 9 blue fish, 2 sharks and a skate.

IMG_2833.jpg

I just came back from the beach in Delaware. We spent about an hour fishing in Rehobeth Bay off a long pier before the football games started. We were about to call it quits when I hooked a 19 inch 2 & 1/2 -3 Lb. Flounder. My first fish of 2011 I'm a little embarrassed to say. No pic yet but my buddy is supposed to email me one when he gets the chance. I'll edit my post when I get it. It was a good fish. :)

Haven't caught any freshwater fish this year that were picture worthy. Had a great day off the Cape tho striper fishing. i caught 20 stripers 12-30lbs, 9 blue fish, 2 sharks and a skate.

IMG_2833.jpg

nice stripers... i read a book (cant remember the name) that was published a few years ago about the big tournament off the cape. cant remember the name of tourney either LOL, damn monday mornings. but anyway back to the point, those guys take that mess seriously! i never knew a tournament could be that brutal to some.. good catch

I have a pic of my flounder. Maybe I could email it to somebody who could help me post it. I'm photo illiterate for some reason.

Hit one of my favorite secluded spots this morning for a fix before work. Took the dog and we landed a couple small mouth on wooly buggers.

p2306111859.jpg

cimg6214.jpg

p2306111911.jpg

Earlier in the year off Hatteras. The bull Dolphin still is one of the largest caught all year off Hatteras - 49" and 37lbs. Good times!

5680398620_d05a4aa115_z.jpg

Here is dttomcat's flounder. Nice fish!

photo.jpg

Thanks for posting this. The best part about catching this fish was that I was fishing with a girl who had never been fishing before in her life. Once I knew the hook was set I passed her the rod and let her play him in. He tried to run us under the dock and he put up a great fight. When he came up near the surface I grabbed the tip of the rod and the line and snatched him up onto the pier. It was a smashing success. The fish was none too happy about being caught. He had teeth that would put any piranha to shame. Good luck to all. :)

Flounder is one of my favorite eating, bar none! Got out the flounder gigging equipment yesterday. Shooting for a trip next week.

Jackstrip, those are some weird looking fish. Im gonna have to try this salt water fishing out some time.

Back