2013 fish pic thread

Muskrat fun for everyone.

That Eagle video is so cool. ive watched it several times.

Went out today. didnt catch anything big but got a limit of fish below the slot. Caught lots of fish in the slot. Most were caught about 8 foot deep on a soft plastic swim bait.

Fishing with my Buddy the other day and he brought this bad boy in using a spro popping frog.

a smidgen over 6lbs

Just got back from a week in Montana, fishing trout. There are many pics to surf through that are not fishing, but I'm to lazy - tired to sort through them and post. The easier, softer way.;)http://s28.photobucket.com/user/mewolf1/library/Montana?sort=3&page=1

Mostly Cutthroat, some Rainbow, and a few browns. Nothing huge, but man, what a trip.
Fished:
East fork(Sula) and West Fork(near training facility) of the Bitterroot
Small creek called Granite Creek
Meadow Creek
The Gallatin
Hyalite Creek

Caught fish everywhere we went.:D

Epic adventure and beautiful fish! (even though no canoes seemed to be involved in the filming). :) :thumbup:

Water without rocks is boreiiing! In fact, I took the Morningstar on a rocky stream this weekend and using skill and cunning, added not one scratch to the hull. I can't say the same for the bauxite banger rentals around me though.

I also have a new book on order direct from it's author. A Guide To Idaho Paddling. Supposedly there is boney water there on the Western side of the Tetons that can be paddled.

Glad you had a safe, relaxing and productive trip. Wish I had been there to get schooled on fishing for trout with flies.

Got my Micarta scales in for my BK2 today, they came in just as I was heading out to go fishing. So I figured I'd change them out there, everything went great until I dropped the bolt between the boards of a dry dock. The guys over at the Becker Knife & Tool sub-forum gave me the specs for the screws and bolts to replace them and encouraged me to strip the blade, add a liner, and replace all the bolts and screws with stainless steel; this will be done eventually.

While I was chatting with them I caught a couple 14" Bass
ae0IVAw.jpg

Also caught a bunch of little guys I threw back in
P55DoKk.jpg

I decided since all I have been doing since I got my BK2 was fishing and day hikes I should really put my BK2 to the test and pry up the board to get my bolt back
5xIizjK.jpg

All set now until I start the mods
vnIoiHw.jpg

My mothers boyfriend's mother is in from Portugal so I brought the Bass over to let her clean and filet them, she's use to killing and butchering her own meal so I figured it would be nice to let her do it since everything here is done for you. Let her keep the fish.

[video=youtube;fzV3DKnP__4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzV3DKnP__4[/video]

[video=youtube;eFhhbGsOISU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFhhbGsOISU[/video][video=youtube;chB3V0plcnQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chB3V0plcnQ[/video]

Late to the party but here a mix of pix from this past summer, most of my son catching but me and mom were right there with him.

He and his cousin with stringer of bream from local pond.

Lane Snapper out of Perdido Key, FL

Him, uncle and niece with Bonito outside of Destin, FL

Da wife

Fighting his first King around Navarre Beach, FL

Wade fishing for Specks at the mouth in Grand Chenier, LA

Catching a few crabs in Grand Chenier, LA

Great summer, I hope everyone had a chance to get out an enjoy your local and not so local waters

Last edited:
Ok, ok, ive been slacking on pictures this year. Fishing this season has been really funky. Just altogether an odd year water and fish wise. Here's a few of my better 5+ lbers

First night fish & first fish on a jitterbug:

This was a 3lb pickerel, i know it looks small in the picture, it's next to my size 13!

5.5 lbs on a frog

that pickerel again

giant rapala and a 5 lber!

another biggin

Ha ha 5lbs....must be a HUGE rapala!
Lots of nice fish guys!
It's funny cause if you talk about walleyes with your average Canadian they will call them pickeral. And "northerns" are jack fish. Anyways keep em coming! Here's some more walleyes.....or pickeral if you prefer.
1229860_10153223843905103_1752549814_n.jpg

540725_10153223842195103_724399492_n.jpg

Last edited:
Late to the party but here a mix of pix from this past summer, most of my son catching but me and mom were right there with him.

He and his cousin with stringer of bream from local pond.

Lane Snapper out of Perdido Key, FL

Him, uncle and niece with Bonito outside of Destin, FL

Da wife

Fighting his first King around Navarre Beach, FL

Wade fishing for Specks at the mouth in Grand Chenier, LA

Catching a few crabs in Grand Chenier, LA

Great summer, I hope everyone had a chance to get out an enjoy your local and not so local waters

Awesome pics but I have to ask, do you guys eat the bonitas? We always threw them back

Back