1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

2016 Shot show, Eric Glesser shows some new models!

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by coolio, Jan 20, 2016.

1. SpeedHoles

SpeedHoles

Jan 18, 2015
    Yeah, Paul Alexander! Michigan designed! :D

Ouroboros (sp?) Looks great, almost like a larger stretched Lava (I was asking for something like this) meets Dialex Junior with the Compression-lock! Very slick!

2. retzius

retzius

Sep 17, 2009
    I might be in the minority here but I really like the Introvert. It looks like a great utility piece.

3. firefighterguy

firefighterguy Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2014
    Glad I didn't buy the sage 1 last week. Please forgive me I bought a non spydie but the sage 5 is my absolute number one. Ahead of the minuteman I think. I also thought the introvert looked bad but seeing it in the video makes me like it. Also like the new rubicon. The aesthetics are better to me!

4. Fred Sanford

Fred Sanford Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2006
    Heck yes. Agreed.

5. Lonz42

Lonz42

Feb 24, 2014
    Hope these hit the market soon!

6. Dr Heelhook

Dr Heelhook Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 24, 2007
    I like it also. I'm very curious about how it works with the flipper and lockback combo. The only flipper lockback knives I've seen are the SOG ones where the flipper passes through a slot in the lockbar.

7. nick21

nick21

Feb 22, 2014
    Honestly, I'm more interested in how the Introvert works exactly than I am in getting it... :eek:

8. L.H.S

L.H.S Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2013
    I'd make a confident bet that the spine on the bottom/lowest part of the finger ring has the typical back lock notch. It's just a back lock extended farther down the handle.

I don't know this for sure but it makes sense mechanically.

9. full flat grind

full flat grind

Jun 5, 2015
    It looks like the Sage 5 will be the first in the series to have a lanyard hole. Not sure how I feel about that, since I generally don't use lanyards.

If the Sage 6 has a button lock, I'd be all over that one, too.

10. Nasgul

Nasgul

Feb 13, 2015
    Minuteman I was waiting to see you ! :grumpy::D
    Still about compression lock, the Sage 5 could be my 1st Sage. I really like it but would need to try it 1st to be sure.

The same about the Minuteman !! Snifff :(

Concerning a CF Native with something cheaper than the Damastuff it look like it's previous with S90V... I saw it on a american webshop !
    Here ==> http://www2.knifecenter.com/item/SP41CFFP5/spyderco-c41cffp5-native-5-plain-s90v-fluted-carbon-fiber

That one in CF could really interest me. Price should be more affordable !
    I just hope it will be a regular production. Not limited !
    The Native deserved it ^^

That could help a lot !
    Prices are much too high when they get in Europe... :(

11. 50an6xy06r6n

50an6xy06r6n

Mar 7, 2015
    If you watch the video closely you see that this is exactly what is going on. There's a slot in the lockbar (a very big slot).

12. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Good 'ole Spyderco.
    rolf

13. Dr Heelhook

Jul 24, 2007
    I did see that now, thanks.

14. nccole

nccole

Jun 2, 2011
    I am still digging the Mrytle. The new little compression lock looks awesome. Wish Eric said the blade steel and where it was made.

15. Probably S30V.... Unfortunately

16. wire edge

wire edge Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2001
    Pretty sure the Mrytle is S30V. That's how it was originally advertised.

I guess the Sage 5 looks the best to me so far. I don't really care for the fanciful blade shapes on a few of the new models.

17. Ulf Krogstad

Ulf Krogstad Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 19, 2013
    When it comes to unique knives, Spyderco doesn't disappoint. Mambo & Myrtle are very much on my radar. New Rubicon and Introvert also really look great. I'm cruel/careless to alot of my knives. If Spyderco offered blade replacements (even if was a higher price than other companies charged like BM/ZT) I would very much be a loyal Spyderco fan/customer. When spending $200 on a knife, I want to have some sense of security if something goes wrong, and don't totally feel that with them. Still, might be preordering Mambo & Myrtle here soon. Please Spyderco Please, offer blade/parts replacements for these new offerings.😢☺ Would pay $50-60 for new blade instead of having to buy a new $200 knife (or left with just parts) if end up breaking something. Such great designs, just wish had that sense of security.

Very great offerings you have put out this year none the less. 👍All impressive.

18. kniferbro

kniferbro Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Did I spy a FLOATING STOP PIN on the Sage 5???? Yay!

19. Dr Heelhook

Jul 24, 2007
    That Mamba is just really something else. If I could afford it, I'd get one and NEVER go to a black tie party without carrying it in my inside pocket...

20. uofaengr

uofaengr

Jan 9, 2014
    I agree. Unlike some American makers that have been stale, unimpressive, and few in numbers with their new releases the past couple years, I'm amazed at the diversity of new and interesting models (not just rehashes and upgrades) that Spyderco is able to bring to market every year.