2018 GEC Rendezvous and Picnic!

Bring the family and have some fun! :thumbsup: This photo is from 2015 with some of the activities on the front lawn at Great Eastern! :)

20344153762_3dd8ab51ae_b.jpg

Nice memoir, Duncan!! A truly great Rendezvous; I hope we come close this year!!
I am going to set up on the lawn under whatever Canopy Bill sets up for us. That's where the knife action will be for sure!! I sure look forward to seeing all our friends again this year.
Should be a nice crowd!!

9 more sleeps for those who are attending on the first day. Getting excited now. I hope to be there sometime after noon on Friday. Driving in from Bradford after the Case factory tour Friday AM.

,,,Mike in Canada

Nice memoir, Duncan!! A truly great Rendezvous; I hope we come close this year!!
I am going to set up on the lawn under whatever Canopy Bill sets up for us. That's where the knife action will be for sure!! I sure look forward to seeing all our friends again this year.
Should be a nice crowd!!

Donna and I can't wait, really looking forward to seeing you and all the other friends we have made over the last 3 Rendezvous. Very interested in seeing how many collectors set up around the lawn, should be a great addition to the Rendezvous.

Paul and Duncan we will surely miss you guys this year! :) Without you guys there I don't know who will keep Jack in line! :eek: One thing for sure we are looking forward to meeting some new friends and catching up with some old friends. And I don't mean old as in their age either! :eek: Here is two Northfield 79 Workhorse Whittlers that I was able to purchase in the company store! Besides the comradery of a Rendezvous, being able to look in one of those glass counters and see a hard to find pattern such as these 79's laying there before your eyes is very neat! :D

36574061291_4f64a45836_b.jpg

36574069111_4bd6a720f0_b.jpg

Thanks for posting this Half/Stop! I didn't know such a thing(the rendezous) exisited and I've been wanting to take a factory tour regardless, so this might be the perfect time.
My vacation starts that Friday, it's like its meant to be! And my birthday is that Sunday, so i might have to get myself a B-day gift early;) Should be a fun, educational, exciting, etc, experience, considering i just got into traditional style knives a few weeks ago.

Thanks for posting this Half/Stop! I didn't know such a thing(the rendezous) exisited and I've been wanting to take a factory tour regardless, so this might be the perfect time.
My vacation starts that Friday, it's like its meant to be! And my birthday is that Sunday, so i might have to get myself a B-day gift early;) Should be a fun, educational, exciting, etc, experience, considering i just got into traditional style knives a few weeks ago.
If you like Traditional knives this would be an excellent B-Day present! The store and factory will be open on Friday 7:00 - 4:30 and 7:00 - noon on Saturday. They don’t schedule tours on Saturday because the factory is not running. The tours on Friday will be at random times. It is definitely an educational experience to watch how these wonderful knives are made. You won’t be sorry you attended! And then there is the company store and this year a lot of individuals will be set up at tables outside. So there will be a lot of selling, buying and trading going on. Hope to see you there! :)

Back