1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 41 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer Knives Nick Swan Matanzas , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

2019 GEC Rendezvous August 8th, 9th,10th

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Augie, Feb 6, 2019.

1. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    It's wonderful that pictures and knives keep showing up on this thread!!! I'm way behind so I better get cracking!!! I found this old Barlow from a regular named Tom, and put it in my "briefcase". It snuck home misplaced by me, unrecognized by Airline security x-rays, on the airplane in my carry-on!!!:eek::thumbsup:
    Thank goodness for small mercies!!!:)
    Samuel Rendezvous 1.jpg Samuel Rendezvous 2.jpg Samuel Rendezvous 3.jpg

L.H.S, Cambertree, Jody744 and 24 others like this.
  2. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Would have been a shame to lose Obadiah :eek:

neal70, knowtracks and waynorth like this.
  3. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    I brought my Joseph Rodgers, and Waynorth Lamb Foot Knives to show off at the Rendezvous, and Bill surprised me with 27 examples of the Smooth White Bone handles to share with my fellow enthusiasts!! Thanks Bill!! I had no idea!!
    Lamb Roast 1.jpg

4. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    I'll say, Gev!!! I'd be weepin' at the airline!!:(
    Good thing it's the "stealth" model!!:D

5. pmek5

pmek5 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2007
    That's one heck of a group there. Glad everyone had a time time.

6. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Good thing indeed :D The universe is mysterious :thumbsup:

7. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    Thanks, Tim!!
    A few months ago I tried to order a Canal Street revival boy,s knife to see what was up but the vender's ordering system crashed or something!!:mad:
    Lo and behold this nice Horn example showed up at my table!!:eek::)
    Thanks Eric!!!
    Eric's CSC 1.jpg Eric's CSC 2.jpg

8. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    Great score:thumbsup:. Love it.:thumbsup:

9. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    Thanks cudgee!
    Lest the all-ubiquitous Barlow becomes less, the Rendezvous added a couple of classic names to the collection, Case XX and Remington, keeping Old Boiley company!!
    Rendezvous scores 1.jpg Rendezvous scores 2.jpg

10. Augie

Augie Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Nice Remington Charlie and unusual bone color on that Case. The Case is unusual in a couple ways.

11. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    Thanks John!! I hope your knee is getting good!! That Case is the antithesis of redbone! And the stamping is different? Looks Camillus made maybe??
    During the Rendezvous GEC was making these 29s - a Tour De Force IMO!!
    Rendezvous 29 ppp A.jpg Rendezvous 29 ppp B.jpg

12. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Nice to see you posting Charlie- I was wondering where you were on this Thread?
    What a neat surprise the Lambsfoot White Bones!

I thought that the Case Bone looked familiar- not to Case as Augie has pointed out!

Man - those 29's are looking great Charlie- That's my kinda Knife!

13. hose56

hose56 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 8, 2009
    It is based of a beautiful vintage Joseph Rodgers knife. No change needed.

14. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    AGREED!!!:thumbsup:

15. hose56

hose56 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 8, 2009

I can only say Thank You. I obtained 3 right off the shelf. In the western caverns and hills of Texas many ranchers still use horses and the punch blade is a necessity. Big Bend Park is a great place to visit. Be prepared. "Death in Big Bend" is a great read. Thank you Charlie.

16. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Yes sir! :thumbsup: Thank you Bill! :cool: We had no idea, but some of us were hoping!!! ;)

[​IMG]

17. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    Nice one Ron! You picked a goodie!!:)

18. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I’m pleased, but it was all luck of the draw. ;) I picked two tubes out of the box and took them up on the front porch where Harry was setting. I handed him a tube and kept the other for me. Sight unseen! Truth be told, they’re all beautiful! Thanks Charlie! :thumbsup: :)

19. Rusty1

Rusty1 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2005
    The knives are OK..............Lol. I just love the face on your stone partner to the Barlow Charlie. Nice find there. Very pleased that Bill had the surprise Lambfoots made, superb in the white bone. Thank you Bill & Charlie. Something else that needs a mention is the Rams Horn on the CSC boys knife, some nice and knarly stuff!

Russell

neal70, waynorth, Half/Stop and 4 others like this.
  20. Jolipapa

Jolipapa Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 4, 2015
    That's a great piece of luck (and knife btw)! Don't try a second chance! ;)
    Maybe the scanner had seen so many ugly or unsignificant knives before, that it was moved by the barlow!:)

Cutfinger, neal70, waynorth and 2 others like this.