1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Nov 16!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Nov 17 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

2019 GEC Rendezvous August 8th, 9th,10th

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Augie, Feb 6, 2019.

1. natchezz

natchezz Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 6, 2006
    Thanks for schooling me on Charlie’s exclusives. I meant my question to be along the lines of “the lambfoot style is becoming more popular around here, so it would be nice to have the option to buy that style in a pattern where the sheepfoot and wharncliffe styles have been used. Any talk of that?” In a knife more geared to be a user, not a collector. As an example, the sheepfoot in the Hay’n Helper. Maybe this should be its own topic?

2. LastRodeo

LastRodeo Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Maybe the next Forum Knife can be a lambsfoot. :rolleyes:

Cambertree, gaj999, waynorth and 3 others like this.
  3. rbeggs

rbeggs Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 8, 2013
    Wow, everyone who got to go this year, congrats! That green bone star shield 14 is beautiful and all the white bone knives especially the 93 are just so classy. Maybe one of these years I can participate but I'm just glad I get to see pictures. Awesome knives everyone!

4. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Glad you are enjoying, rbeggs!!
    Motoring on, I was lucky this year! After ignoring most Sowbelly knives all my career, I found these two. The Sowbelly seems to always have sunk or semi-sunk joints, a luxury in the pocket knife population. These are nicely made, from the old days of Queen in the late 1980s-early 1990s. We know who was in charge of good knives back then!!!:)
    BB Bone Sow 1.jpg BB Bone Sow 2.jpg BB Stag Sow 1.jpg BB Stag Sow 2.jpg

zolthar, L.H.S, Cambertree and 16 others like this.
  5. Augie

Augie Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Really like the stag one Charlie, nice knife!!

neal70 likes this.
  6. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    The Rendezvous can yield up some nice treasure!!:thumbsup: The Emerald with star shield is labeled "1 of 2"!!:eek: The natural smooth bone has stainless steel! The Schatt scout type has Winterbottom bone from the old handle-maker!!
    Rendezvous Loot B.jpg Rendezvous Loot A.jpg

zolthar, Chief, L.H.S and 20 others like this.
  7. neal70

neal70 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2015
    @waynorth -Charlie, Randy posted how tickled, humbled and proud he was when you gave him the first one from the box:D, well played sir, well played.
    Thanks, Neal

8. Augie

Augie Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2014

Knee is coming along well, supposed to go back to work end of Sept, thanks.

Was able to pick up a Rendezvous knife from a friend, helps take the sting out of missing the Rendezvous a little. Beautiful LVS Abalone.

IMG_0723.jpg IMG_0720.jpg

Chief, L.H.S, 2Dead and 17 others like this.
  9. akaMatt

akaMatt Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

May 10, 2017
    Love that top one, Charlie... good looking knife! Congrats on all your success this year with the 93 Lambs. I have the jigged version, it is a fantastic knife, and all three models look amazing!

10. jsdistin

jsdistin KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 27, 2016
    Got my last two rendezvous knives today did a phone order yesterday for some leftovers. The 14 is an “s” knife but the only issue is some smear around the etch, I think I captured it pretty well with the picture if you look closely. The other one is the actual Rendezvous Knife, #43, which interestingly was the age I turned on the day I ordered it, it was the last one almost like they were holding it for me. Has anyone here put any knives with LVS abalone to use? Is it prone to peeling or delaminating? You can kind of feel the layers on it so I’m just wondering. I probably won’t use it or carry it though. The 14 on the other had is already in my pocket and I’ll sharpen it tonight.
    D9E4AFDF-7011-4F41-8B1E-D444273A83A6.jpeg 6E4AA8B8-5117-4C91-8EFB-ADFBE3668A86.jpeg

2Dead, Cambertree, Ramrodmb and 11 others like this.
  11. waverave

waverave Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 7, 2018
    Nice Charlie! And you found one of the Old Hundred SFOs nice scores :thumbsup:

12. waverave

Jun 7, 2018
    I was curious if there were any parts or Rendezvous knives leftover. Did you just call the day after and inquire?

13. waverave

Jun 7, 2018
    What a wonderful surprise! They didn't make very many of those in Ram's horn :thumbsup:

waynorth likes this.
  14. bbk357

bbk357 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2018
    That 14 double blade is awesome !

Had no clue you can call and order knives...?

15. jsdistin

jsdistin KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 27, 2016
    I didn’t even call till the Friday after, these were the last two that were available that weren’t 97’s, which I just think would be too big to really carry. Had I called earlier there may have been more choices but these are great. It was a little scary though because the connection wasn’t great and they kept hearing the address wrong and there was no tracking or confirmation or anything. It worked out though. Everything I’ve heard has made me think that the picking is rather slim in general, I think most of their stuff goes to the dealers, but I figured why not give them a call to see if there was anything left.

waverave likes this.
  16. waverave

Jun 7, 2018
    I heard from someone else who called as well and it looks like Joan really went above and beyond offering these up for phone orders...very cool! I saw the list of leftovers available right after the Rendezvous and was honestly surprised that so much was left! A few 85's, 74's, 14's...little bit of everything (and a lot of 97's).

tmd_87 likes this.
  17. bbk357

bbk357 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2018
    I’d poop a brick if I called and got a white bone lamb foot
    :D

zolthar, Jody744 and cudgee like this.
  18. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    From Pennsylvania to California I got a lil piece of the rendezvous and could not be more excited! Thanks GEC! 00000IMG_00000_BURST20190819144016266_COVER.jpg

Chief, L.H.S, 2Dead and 16 others like this.
  19. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    I can see why you're exited.:thumbsup::p

tmd_87 likes this.
  20. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I don't want to spoil your hopes, but that's not likely to happen. The White Bone Lambsfoot was only for sale by Charlie since it is his SFO.:)