1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

2019 GEC Rendezvous August 8th, 9th,10th

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Augie, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Ironbut

Ironbut Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Yuengling has factory tours of their brewery in Pottsville, including of the original building, which is still being used. Lots of history there AND free beer at the end of the tour. It's a good two-three hour drive from up there in NW Pennsylvania though.

GunGraber likes this.
  2. GunGraber

GunGraber Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 22, 2016
    That's awesome to know. Thanks!

3. BIGDORK

BIGDORK Gold Member Gold Member

May 27, 2018
    Where's the updates guys and gals? Im dying to know what the rendezvous knife is this year!

Frailer, FSU1992 and tstaut like this.
  4. Rookie82

Rookie82 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2014
    I read on FB that the Rendezvous knife is the #12 toothpick pattern in abalone. I haven't seen any pictures of it yet though.

JohnDF, BIGDORK and waverave like this.
  5. mrknife

mrknife Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2010
    boots on the ground say 12 in abalone confirmed, they must have a ton of abalone lying around, the 38s were in abalone

JohnDF and BIGDORK like this.
  6. Duper

Duper Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2016
    I went to the Rendezvous the last two years. Loved every minute of the trips. Unfortunately this year I have to skip it because my wife and I spent two weeks in Rwanda, Africa. Our son is doing a university co-op there so we went to visit with him. Also a marvelous time. My travel budget is now blown for the foreseeable future.

Check out all the things going on in town for the festival. Visit the Oil Museum. Have a coke and a laugh with friends at a local family restaurant.
    The factory tour is always an eye opener to the skills it takes to produce such fine products.

I am very envious of all that get to participate this year.

Next year!

,,,Mike in Canada

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  7. cbr1000

cbr1000

Jan 31, 2013
    I've seen some white bone lambsfoots posted. Not the rendezvous knife... just something Charlie brought.

8. waverave

waverave Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 7, 2018
    They look really nice :thumbsup: Seen photos but dont want to post other folks photos I figure they will start showing up later.

mrknife likes this.
  9. waverave

waverave Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 7, 2018
    The parts knives look pretty cool too...includes some 14's with star shield, couple 85 variants, the 74 in smooth white bone, looks like some 06 Templars with a wharncliffe blade, some one-off 97's, among others

tmd_87, BIGDORK and Augie like this.
  10. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    And here I thought the Porch was on the forefront of the traditional knife world... Boy, guess I was wrong.

11. Elgatodeacero

Elgatodeacero Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 5, 2014
    I am still hoping for a mint, unused 2019 Rendezvous knife ticket.

We are all patiently and anxiously waiting for pictures, video, pencil sketches and a review of all barbecue food and beer.

12. KellyGlanzer

KellyGlanzer Gold Member Gold Member

May 4, 2005
    white bone lambsfoot.....someone send me a pic please?

13. L.H.S

L.H.S Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2013
    It's just so so so much easier to post pictures on Facebook and Instagram.

I'll post pictures soon.

14. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I was only teasing. I know you are all busy having fun. :cool::thumbsup:

GunGraber likes this.
  15. cbr1000

cbr1000

Jan 31, 2013
    Everybody was lined up super early.. I bet there's some napping going on and more pictures tonight lol

GunGraber likes this.
  16. Dschal

Dschal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Just us crickets on the Porch tonight...

t.willy and Cutfinger like this.
  17. Frailer

Frailer Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2009
    This just popped up on eBay:

7C9E229D-7291-45D8-9C6B-AF81118B3489.jpeg

18. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Just now have some time to post some pictures of what went on today at the 2019 Rendezvous .
    Same 2 Old Codgers were there this morning . The one on your right was there at 10:00 P.M. last night and the other guy was there at 2:00 A.M.
    A lot of truths and lies and world problems were discussed in the cool of the night . Lots of people here . Most that I have seen in my 3 years here .
    [​IMG]
    And there was someone around to tell you were to go .
    [​IMG]
    Picked up another Jigged Bone Northfield 93 Ram Foot and a 2019 Rendezvous Knife which was a Northfield 128119 Toothpick with LVS Abalone .
    [​IMG]
    And a Factory Special knife , 1 of 7 , 748117 with Natural Smooth White Bone and a Real Lambfoot 933119 Waynorth Cutlery with Smooth White Bone .
    [​IMG]
    Knife pictures had to be taken in our Motel room . Sorry , but was either this or nothing .

Harry

19. Augie

Augie Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2014

Thats a shame, someone taking advantage of Charlie's generosity:(:(:(:(

Cambertree, t.willy, Jolipapa and 7 others like this.
  20. Augie

Augie Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2014

Man Harry, really missing you guys, thanks for the pictures, Donna just smacked me upside the head.