1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

2019 GEC Rendezvous August 8th, 9th,10th

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Augie, Feb 6, 2019.

1. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Actually, a little disappointed. :D
    Seriously, thanks for checking in here. I can't wait to start seeing everybody's pictures and stories. :cool::thumbsup:

Prester John, Sacto and Half/Stop like this.
  2. L.H.S

L.H.S Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Wow, there early!

3. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks John! The pre show pickings were slim. At least in patterns that spark my interest. I’m sure it will be quite different on Thursday morning! We’ll miss you and Donna! Get healthy soon John!

Yep, we always get here on Tuesday Logan. We’re going with another couple of friends to Bradford tomorrow morning. :)

4. Rockon75

Rockon75 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Well, It looks like I'll be able to make my first rendezvous. We have a family reunion at Deep Creek Lake on Saturday, so we are just going to start the weekend early. I scored two nights at oil creek family campground. If you see a 23' class C. That's me and my two boys. We will be there on Friday. Not sure if I want to expose them to the first two hour rush Friday morning. I've heard some stories about the free for all being a bit unruly, and I definitely don't want them to have a bad experience. What do you all think?

5. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Friday morning is usually not bad. Most of the frenzy’s on Thursday morning. People usually are on the Porch before midnight on Wednesday! They used to sale a limited number of Rendezvous knives on each of the three mornings. For the last two years I think they sale as many as they can. I’ve only really heard one or two complaints in the last five years. Be sure and introduce yourself. I’m looking forward to meeting you and your sons.

Campbellclanman and mrknife like this.
  6. Rockon75

Rockon75 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Likewise. I hope to meet many of the friends I've made here on the porch. It seems like it might be a little weird meeting someone and after talking a bit saying, "hey, are you halfstop"? I feel like the ice would be broken more quickly if I wore a sticky badge that said, "BF'er-Rockon75/Josh".
    Of course all non-BF'ers would probably look at me and be like, what a non sociable dork....

7. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Well these photos are not Great Eastern related, but they are from the area and definitely knife related. I’m posting them here because it’s something that someone might like to do while in the area for the Rendezvous. This morning Pam and myself along with our friends Ron and Cathie E left Titusville for a 9:00 AM tour of the Case factory. Ron had arranged for a special tour which was nice because they normally don’t do tours on Wednesday. So there was only the four of us and our guide. There are no photos allowed in the factory so this will not be show and tell. Our guide took us on a predetermined tour which covers pretty much all of the factory stations where the knives are processed through the various operations from steel and materials storage up to the finished product. There were lots of different patterns in process at the same time. One that caught my eye was a giraffe bone Barlow that will be released soon. One of the areas that was off limits was the area where they assemble the Tony Bose yearly knives. Here’s a few photos from outside the factory and the Zippo/Case museum and store.

23E8AF05-FE9B-42A4-BF25-6F01B371E710.jpeg

E104969B-5F80-4448-88AD-F80FD7ACD182.jpeg

479C4CF4-C1CB-4511-AF57-EABC1304745C.jpeg

27F10291-F4D8-4D11-8FEB-650A8C9B0DBA.jpeg

62EF1742-95D2-4207-94F0-571D73C1D168.jpeg

05F7E9E1-4438-4A53-9E94-93A50DF9C3E7.jpeg

Cambertree, btb01, Jolipapa and 22 others like this.
  8. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Lol! You won’t have to worry. We’ll find you! :D

9. mrknife

mrknife Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2010
    hope y'all are having a good time!!!

Campbellclanman and Half/Stop like this.
  10. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Are you making the trip Jack?

mrknife likes this.
  11. GunGraber

GunGraber Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 22, 2016
    Do people really show up that early!?
    That's a long time to wait for the shop to open.
    I don't want to miss out on the rendezvous knife though. I'm driving from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and don't want to get skunked.
    I also can't wait to get my hands on some yuengling beer! I've never had it before
    -Caleb

12. mrknife

mrknife Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2010
    Hey Ron, unfortunately, due to the situation at work, I have to be in the clinic on Friday so I'll be sitting this one out. Hope you and Pam are having a good time tho, and my regards to everyone!

Campbellclanman and GunGraber like this.
  13. Duper

Duper Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2016
    I
    I have stopped and done the Case Factory tour and visited the Zippo /Case museum twice while on the way to Titusville. Well worth the time.

,,,Mike in Canada

14. Duper

Duper Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2016
    Oh and
    Oh and what are the two knives in the last photo please?

,,,Mike in Canada

15. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Well, it's Rendezvous Eve. Sure wish I was there. Hope we get to see lots of pics, both of knives and Forum faces (with their permission, of course).

Just a friendly word of warning... Don't yall crowd @Old Engineer Harry when he's hot on the scent. He's pretty good with those elbows.:D

Campbellclanman, JohnDF and Half/Stop like this.
  16. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Yes they do get there that early Caleb. My friend Ron and I got there by 11PM last year and there were two ahead of us. There is a steady flow of people coming throughout the night! By 6:30 it will be quite crowded. I don’t know if they will sell a limited number each day or not.

We’ll miss you Jack! Pam says hello!

A 06247 Pen from 1974 and a 6207 Jack from 1973.

Campbellclanman, JohnDF and mrknife like this.
  17. BuckShack

BuckShack Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2015
    Have fun everyone. Don't forget pictures!

Half/Stop likes this.
  18. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Well it’s almost 3AM and we have around 20 people on the front porch! :eek::D

btb01, Fodderwing, peanutsxx and 4 others like this.
  19. L.H.S

L.H.S Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2013
    I'm in a black shirt and gray pants. Say hello! My name's Logan. I'll be at a table later displaying the last 5 years of Rendezvous Specials and this year's, other knives, and giving out Knife Thoughts stickers.

btb01, BrianB43 and Half/Stop like this.
  20. BIGDORK

BIGDORK Gold Member Gold Member

May 27, 2018
    Are you folks inside the store yet? Im ready for pics!
    Wish i could be there but work has me tied down. Sad thing is, im only an hour away in Ohio