2020 GEC #23 Trapper Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by bax229, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Was that the only one he had? I was going to call him tomorrow.

meako likes this.
  2. JOELSM

JOELSM Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Sounds like he had more but said they’re going fast. Give him a call tomorrow, don’t delay! ;)

Murphjd25 likes this.
  3. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Thanks buddy!

JOELSM likes this.
  4. AndreLinoge

AndreLinoge Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2014
    Mom bought the last cherry one from C. Risner. She liked the cute shield.

Cant wait to see the un x ld trim.

Onearmbladenut, meako and BuckShack like this.
  5. JD Bear

JD Bear Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2015
    Just got the Beavertail. Man, I like big knives, but that spey blade is like a spatula. I have no idea what I'd do with it besides flipping pancakes. Beautiful knife but I don't know if I'm gonna keep this one...

g123, Troutzill, meako and 2 others like this.
  6. AndreLinoge

AndreLinoge Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2014

Yeah buddy! We like that!

If you don't love it, maybe I can buy a gold stripe and trade you a cluster of Schrades and a camp knife for it. I'd do that. Got a moving sale in my future anyway.

7. JD Bear

JD Bear Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2015
    Always a possibility....

AndreLinoge likes this.
  8. willc

willc Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 13, 2013
    It would be nice if GEC does a run of 21’s also.
    Since they are stamping out big boy clip blades it would be good time.

Travman likes this.
  9. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    I’m not interested in two blades, but that jigged wood looks outstanding.

willc and joeradza like this.
  10. wildmike

wildmike

Nov 17, 2007
    JD that big spey blade is a large scalpel. Work with it a bit and you'll fall in love with it.

JD Bear, AndreLinoge and Travman like this.
  11. meako

meako Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2006
    So Im checking the dealer site and GEC with with almost OCD....he contacted me and I definitely have baggsed a NF autumn bone...I even offered to pay up front!!
    Now I see they are completed....but to my utter horror...not up on his site yet...probably hasnt received them yet...but worse than that ...change of policy on international orders:mad:....have also had no response to my question on that....possibly going to need some shipping help from my U.S. buddies ( thats you guys:thumbsup::)) IF the deal goes through......
    Furthermore where do I get in line to give the lawmakers responsible for this trade retarding policy a good hard kick up their collective flabby backsides?...
    Cheers.
    This is in no way meant to be a criticism of the dealer who is an all round champion.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  12. meako

Sep 4, 2006
    You'll have a ball (arrf arrf):rolleyes::D

13. BigKurtHaze

BigKurtHaze

Aug 2, 2015
    They put the spey on to be a user, so I don’t have mess up the goofy etch. [​IMG]

91bravo, Hivoltage, Pàdruig and 10 others like this.
  14. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    (Australian accent): “That’s not a spatula. This is a spatula!” :D

[​IMG]

I was going to hold off and just get a single blade, but that jigged cherry looked so good I went ahead and bought one with two blades. I imagine they’ll be using that same jigging on the single blade, but I didn’t want to risk it. :D

@meako, I’m happy to help out if you need it. Feel free to send me a PM. :thumbsup:

15. meako

Sep 4, 2006
    Good on ya.... @btb01 ...

16. Wharn

Wharn Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2011
    My jigged cherry was waiting for me when I got home from work. It is absolutely beautiful.

However, do not drink whisky and handle one while tired from a long shift. I just sliced my middle finger so bad my wife had to help stop the bleeding. My finger slipped from the factory oil when I opened it the first time and got to the half stop.

I looked at it and pondered getting stitches and asked her opinion. She told me “It is away from your stomach, you will live. We can glue it tomorrow”. She is a badass who grew up in the mountains of the Philippines.

17. Camillus

Camillus Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2015
    I hear ya. I reckon I have had more cuts caused by half stops than any other type of knife injury.

Wharn and redsparrow like this.
  18. BuckShack

BuckShack Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2015
    I better practice my half stops on my 54 while I wait. It should be here in a couple of days. I sometimes use a table to open the blade the rest if the way. To close, I go full palm, no fingers and let the tail slap on the water.
    [​IMG]

willard0341, meako, Wharn and 8 others like this.
  19. thepapercut

thepapercut Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2017
    My thoughts exactly. I know it’s a big knife but the single blade seems much more my style. But I sure do love the jigging in the two blade... hopefully photos of the single blades start showing up soon.

Onearmbladenut likes this.
  20. wildmike

wildmike

Nov 17, 2007
    Buckshack, which 54 is that?
    I'd like to search one out.