2020 GEC #23 Trapper Thread

My wife is being incredibly evil and holding my 23 Beaver Tail until Sunday. Guess I’ll have to wait a few more days.:(:(

My wife is holding my Pocket Carver till some unknown date/occasion. I may not see it till Christmaso_O. So cruel...

He’s a pic to help you knuckle through till Sunday.

IzSompd.jpg

Me too, got one yesterday from JSR Sports. Got a Frank’s Classic SFO reserved and hope they come out soon.
I emailed Mr. Frank , Monday. Mr. Frank told me that his SFO #23 should be released today. 06/19/2020 GEC usually sends the first batch to him before the release date. He should receive the #23 Franks knives Saturday or Sunday. Monday or Tuesday some Franks SFO should be put out , if they are not spoken for already. (Longer than expected) --- Looks like GEC sent out the Club knives a head of the Frank's SFO knives. The Franks #23 release date took longer than expected. I am expecting an invoice coming in very soon.

Last edited:
I got my beaver tail 23 yesterday and it’s a beautiful knife and I like everything about it except the half stops and stiff, strong pulls. The Main blade is a strong 8.5 and the spay blade is 7.5 - 8. I’m not sure if I can get used to it or if I’ll keep it. I was thinking about getting a single blade liner lock but this one has me thinking again. I can’t understand why someone would go to the trouble to make such a nice knife that’s hard to open and it’s dangerous. I think half stops are a poor substitute for a locking blade. I want my knife to open smooth and steady then lock firmly like my Buck 110s not be a hazard to work with. Some might like it that way but I see no benefit or advantage only difficulty.

Back