2020 GEC #62 Easy Pocket Congress and Pocket Carver Thread

Excellent example on that camel bone. Do you like it in hand?
Yes, I do. Really great in pocket. May steal pocket time from my Churchills. I use straight edge blades most often for my daily cutting needs. The main on the 62 is more in line with the size I like than the secondary on the Churchill.

I'm pretty sure this is my final answer .... my collection of 62 Easy Pocket Congress knives... that maroon is DARK. I imagine it will look black everywhere but in direct sunlight. I like 'em ALL.
Pocket carvers are next...

jikZqZ.jpg
jikIjK.jpg

My #62 Easy Pocket Congress Goldenrod camel bone came into today. I am bummed out . I sent my knife back to my Great Eastern Cutlery dealer so he can send it back to GEC for repair. My GEC dealer is awesome.

I'm pretty sure this is my final answer .... my collection of 62 Easy Pocket Congress knives... that maroon is DARK. I imagine it will look black everywhere but in direct sunlight. I like 'em ALL.

jikZqZ.jpg
jikIjK.jpg
The only micarta knife that own is a GEC#97 maroon Allegheny. It has patina and I love to use that knife. GEC maroon micarta is the best looker. I hope GEC uses maroon on the #23 Jumbo Trappers coming up next. I bought four #62 knives. Your #62 collection is awesome.

I’m curious, did you find a banana in stock somewhere, or have it on reserve?
The dealers are just receiving the golden rod camel bone knives with square bar shields. I have not spotted any bananas yet. You need to sign up with Gunstock Jacks notifications . Mr. Barry always gets the first batch , because he is located in Oregon. Ooooops Gunstock Jacks has sold out of banana bone #62s. BLADE FORUMS "THE KNIFE EXCHANGE" (for sale by dealers) New River Knife Works loves to give (first dibs) to Blade Forums members. Email them and give them your Blade Forums NAME . New River might can help you.

Last edited:

Oh, man! I prefer Tidioute over Northfield trim, but I don't know if I can resist these in stag... But you know what they say, 3rd time's the charm ;)

I think that’s the Ivory acrylic ;)
Disregard lol your reply to his post only showed the acrylic .

That totally got me too :D

The only micarta knife that own is a GEC#97 maroon Allegheny. It has patina and I love to use that knife. GEC maroon micarta is the best looker. I hope GEC uses maroon on the #23 Jumbo Trappers coming up next. I bought four #62 knives. Your #62 collection is awesome.
thanks.... I'd like to have one of each, but to quote Harry Callahan... "a man's got to know his limitations".....:)

edit: and, I agree with you on the maroon micarta... very classy looking.

The dealers are just receiving the golden rod camel bone knives with square bar shields. I have not spotted any bananas yet. You need to sign up with Gunstock Jacks notifications . Mr. Barry always gets the first batch , because he is located in Oregon. Ooooops Gunstock Jacks has sold out of banana bone #62s. BLADE FORUMS "THE KNIFE EXCHANGE" (for sale by dealers) New River Knife Works loves to give (first dibs) to Blade Forums members. Email them and give them your Blade Forums NAME . New River might can help you.

It was reserved.
They should start showing up on dealer's sites very soon.

Thanks for the info guys, I actually just got lucky and found one on TSA Knives. There were 2 when I checked out, might still be one left!

jikZqZ.jpg
jikIjK.jpg
You Really needed the Snakewood!

When I put a Camel Bone 62 on reserve, it was with the hope that there might be something different than the expected Bananas. Even when it was discovered that some would be banana and some would be Goldenrod, I still expected that I would move mine as soon as I received it - yellow is simply not my color and I do not like the banana shield (though I am certainly happy that there are folks who do).

Well, it came as a bit of a shock to me but I actually very much like this 62 in Goldenrod Camel Bone with the square bar shield. I got one with very mellow coloring (almost a honey color) - it's barely darker than my knives with white bone. Of the limited number of knives with Camel Bone that have passed through my hands, this one is easily my favorite.

I am warming considerably to the 62 pattern - it carries so nicely and it is proving to be a superb pocket tool. Depending on how the Stag turns out, this one in Camel Bone might be my favorite of the bunch.

The first couple of pics are the closest to demonstrating the actual coloring.

HKMpu8f.jpg

jkaMnOZ.jpg

8nCgfOG.jpg

The lineup so far (none too impressive compared to others here):

Et4CzxA.jpg

And the obligatory glamour shot.

0rNl0fj.jpg

Back