2020 GEC #62 Easy Pocket Congress and Pocket Carver Thread

img_0403-1.jpg

The main blades,
img_0404-1.jpg

Jigged bone

I think this one will be the one I will get. For certain reasons, I can’t literally handle smooth bone user knives any longer. The 62 appears to be a bit larger than I thought, which, for me, is a good thing. After this drops, my stable will consist of it, an Oil Field Jack and my trusty Calf Roper.
My response did the monkey on me and two addition same postings popped up. I had to do a little editing . I was hoping for another curly bloodwood run with this #62 knife. I am going with the banana camel bone #62. I am saving my money for 2020 GEC Trapper run in the first quarter. GEC has to have a 100 batch ready for the Oregon Blade Show 2020. So , you know they are coming.

Last edited:
Can't wait for my unicorn ivory example.

Still hoping we will get surprised with a 62 Whittler too in 2020.

I'll second that one. I've been hoping to track down a #62 Courthouse Whittier since I started hanging out here back in early 2016. Smart money says it's gonna happen IMHO :D

Late to this party, I wasn't much interested at first as I thought that this was a smaller pattern. I have skimmed through this thread and there is a lot to like, but, I am wondering, does anyone know if this is a single spring "pen" style pattern. Fingers crossed that it is as the pen is my favorite style of traditional knife.

Late to this party, I wasn't much interested at first as I thought that this was a smaller pattern. I have skimmed through this thread and there is a lot to like, but, I am wondering, does anyone know if this is a single spring "pen" style pattern. Fingers crossed that it is as the pen is my favorite style of traditional knife.
Don’t know but it would seem logical that with those blades opening from opposite ends and one being a pen that one spring would be used.

Finally a few new update photos. I think some folks were hoping for an SFO in wood, looks like a desert iron wood is in the works. That should be pretty sharp. I have a Unicorn Ivory reserved which I was nervous about, but so far it looks pretty cool.

Last edited:
Don’t know but it would seem logical that with those blades opening from opposite ends and one being a pen that one spring would be used.

I thought they were to be single spring, but not sure where a center scale would go. Maybe some 2 spring knives planned...?

IMG_0996.jpg

The old 62 is indeed a single spring two blade.

I go home for lunch so I'll check it out and see how its made.

If they somehow switched it to a two spring(which I doubt), I would cancel my preorders.

Last edited:
Tidioute looks sharp, that's the one I'd be after. However, if it does turn out to be a 2 spring effort, then I'm not interested. Fingers crossed ;):thumbsup:

Back