2020 GEC #74 Mustang Thread

Been buying knives for awhile, but this is my first iron wood piece. I think I'll stop now :)
JFFARZZ.jpg

0Obq2Yi.jpg
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

wow some beautiful ironwoods being posted. I have a blind draw ironwood on the way...I'm just hoping for a little bit of grain. From the couple drops I've seen, most of the ironwood lacks the character seen here or in the production trays posted by GEC....but you know they are out there and even "plain" ironwood is a very nice handle material.

7B58EJp.jpg

SkVBHc9.jpg

it’s here!! The woodgrain is a little on the dark side, but still looks awesome. This is probably the ONLY knife I have that has a flush spring when in the half stop position. Love this knife!!
Even being dark, the grain is amazing... it almost has a fiddleback quality to it. I bet it's amazing in the direct sunlight..

Even being dark, the grain is amazing... it almost has a fiddleback quality to it. I bet it's amazing in the direct sunlight..
Agreed. I’m very pleased with it and definitely want to see what it looks like once in direct sunlight.

7B58EJp.jpg

SkVBHc9.jpg

it’s here!! The woodgrain is a little on the dark side, but still looks awesome. This is probably the ONLY knife I have that has a flush spring when in the half stop position. Love this knife!!

I love that dark grain! All posted have been stunners, but I prefer those muted grain lines.

I made a bold move. During one of the drops that listed each item individually, I scrolled to find a good looking one instead of ordering the first one that came up. Here’s what I ended up with.
2rAth1O.jpg
50cDBKk.jpg
Straight grained beauty.... that's the good thing about ironwood... even the "non-figured" pieces are contrasty and striking.

Here's my 74 :), nice F&F, the grain on mine stands out nice with the lighter wood background and it looks different depending on the light, the pile side is a little darker but man how could anyone complain, I'm happy with it :thumbsup:. I'm fortunate and lucky to grab this 74, right place at the right time, not sure if it's going in the safe or pocket, decisions, decisions. :confused:

741.jpg 742.jpg

Is that it for these? I suspect they were all sold on reserve (CK, Gunstock Jack, Reisner etc) or the few bigger retailers sold out in minutes (GP, DLT). It’s getting so a guy can’t even buy a regular factory run anymore without having to take a day off from work and refresh a web browser all day.

I miss the days of seeing photos from guys on here showing off their new knife and think “man those turned out nice” and then be able to go to a dealer and pick one out. I’m happy GEC is thriving and in high demand though.

Is that it for these? I suspect they were all sold on reserve (CK, Gunstock Jack, Reisner etc) or the few bigger retailers sold out in minutes (GP, DLT). It’s getting so a guy can’t even buy a regular factory run anymore without having to take a day off from work and refresh a web browser all day.

I miss the days of seeing photos from guys on here showing off their new knife and think “man those turned out nice” and then be able to go to a dealer and pick one out. I’m happy GEC is thriving and in high demand though.
Stags are still coming.

Stags are still coming.
Those should be really exceptional. I don’t foresee myself running the race for those either though. Knives are a fun distraction for me. Too many other things to stress out about these days.

Those should be really exceptional. I don’t foresee myself running the race for those either though. Knives are a fun distraction for me. Too many other things to stress out about these days.
Yes, it has been a real frenzy this time around. I’ve been trying to score one for a friend who doesn’t have a 74 yet. I’ve got one from a previous run, which is enough for me. Although those ironwoods are so beautiful it gets the heart going a bit faster.

Back