1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

2020 Northwoods Indian River Jack Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by wickettedge, Nov 9, 2020.

1. JITDC

JITDC Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2013
    WOW! I've been away for most of this year but what news to come back to! I love the IRJ, missed this run but maybe one will find its way to me in the future. To me this has to be the most exciting news in the traditional folder world for quite some time!

t.willy and tmd_87 like this.
  2. Jiki

Jiki Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 12, 2018
    Well congrats to those of you who a special knife. I wasn't looking to stress out today so I went to the bar grabbed a beer and a micarta.:D

3. SnackPack

SnackPack Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2019
    My haul for today, very happy and fortunate to have come away with my main goal (mammoth) and the icing on the cake if possible (yellow camel).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. NewBlades16

NewBlades16 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Were their "S" model red micartas? I thought I saw them. If so, what did they go for?

5. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    If you landed one like this I'm jealous...
    [​IMG]

6. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    I think i saw them for $117, does that sound about right.

NewBlades16 likes this.
  7. NewBlades16

NewBlades16 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Yeah, maybe. I reacted so fast that I wasn't even sure what I was looking at. Ha ha. But there definitely were ''S" model red micartas? I was not hallucinating. I landed a micarta but I clicked on the first picture and just hoped it was not an "S". Although, I would have been happy with an "S."

8. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    You are right, and i am pretty positive they were $117.:thumbsup:

9. Pomsbz

Pomsbz

Jul 31, 2015
    That kudu looks really nice.

Onearmbladenut likes this.
  10. Onearmbladenut

Onearmbladenut Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2018
    400 pieces for the 2020 Maher & Grosh #35 run. 500 pieces for the 2020 Northwoods Indian River Jack run. Now we all know why the 2020 #74 Mustang run was only 200 pieces of each choice. GEC had to make room for the GEC#19 Little Rattler Run before the year was up. Only one new GEC Pattern this year. I am usually mad after a Northwoods drop. I begged the Northwoods owner/dealer limit one choice for the five different scale choices. That way 500 GEC/Northwoods collectors receive only one knife per run. That dealer wants those Evil-bay flippers to buy 4 to 5 Northwoods in one shipping. That dealer makes more money with combine shipping and less Pay-pal fees. How do you buy 4 to 5 knives in one to three minutes ? Bootleg buying software ! I laughed when I failed this time. It saved me $140. Any dealer selling more than 200 pieces a year of the SFO knives ,is really taking advantage of the GEC SFO program. This hurts the smaller GEC dealers , waiting longer for their knives to come in. One big dealer is selling the GEC#19 red coral canvas knives for $99.95 shipped. He still has those knives. Price fixing does not work , it will only helps the flippers make a bigger profit. This is America , let the free markets work. Dark Days are ahead for Pennsylvania and GEC in 2021. My heart goes out to the 32 loyal hard working employees at GEC. I am really happy for yall scoring a knife on this Northwoods Indian River Jack run. I will be looking forward to the photos that yall will be posting.

11. Onearmbladenut

Onearmbladenut Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2018
    The dark green and black camel bones were the best choice ! Why did I click on a dark red one ? I can't think straight under pressure. (1989 brain injury) Baw-ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha !

tmd_87 likes this.
  12. jsdistin

jsdistin KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 27, 2016
    That’s kudu right? It’s a very porous bone that is stabilized I’m sure that is very common for it to have either pores that are fully closed off to the stabilizing medium or just some air bubbles in the medium that don’t settle out. Either way that looks like a nice one.

13. jsdistin

jsdistin KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 27, 2016
    Amazing

tmd_87 and Spaten like this.
  14. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2010
    You folks scored some incredible knives. All of these pictures are amazing. This was a phenomenal run!

Tigerden likes this.
  15. OzzPrime

OzzPrime Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2019
    Got lucky, my Northwoods mojo is strong. Picked up Camel #85 and Giraffe #36. Keeping the camel, giraffe going to @SuperHowl (camel green, giraffe yellow/green) (pics coming...)

16. OzzPrime

OzzPrime Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2019
    FC1812B4-F926-423F-90C0-2879BF745A13.png 946E5A7B-8E98-4E4E-BCF5-B80781675FA6.png

cbr1000, tmd_87, KnifeandEasy and 6 others like this.
  17. Spaten

Spaten Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 27, 2015
    Thank you, friend! I hope it looks half as good in hand.

18. tmd_87

Jan 29, 2016
    Onearmbladenut likes this.
  19. cbr1000

cbr1000

Jan 31, 2013
    Wait, why no pictures of the best one ? :)

Micarta Northwoods with a flat ground blade on the 35 frame - lots of pocket knife goodness here! Now I just need the matching inkosi with red 1 piece inlays to be matchy matchy o_O

[​IMG]

20. tmd_87

Jan 29, 2016
    :eek::eek::eek: that would be an awesome pair!!!