2021 GEC 05 Keychain knife

JrTwa9R.jpg

swCnkpn.jpg

Cool little knife. A bit small for my normal carry but I am going to find a use for it. Glad to have it! (Wish it didn’t cost more than my bull noses though)

Got on the early reserve….wasn’t going to try for this one, but price isn’t bad and reserve was open for longer than a minute…so why not?

Somewhere during this covid period that changed and they're even harder to get when issued and outrageously priced on the secondary market. Just too frustrating. I decided to sell off all of my GECs (probably a dozen different patterns) except one, and discover more reasonable alternatives.
Not the first time I have read this strategy here on the forum, "I can't buy anymore, so I am going to sell the ones I already have.". This has to be one of the most foreign concepts I have ever come across. If I personally were no longer able to aquire GEC knives for whatever reason, I would keep and use the ones I did have till they were worn flat out. But then I guess I wouldn't be able to complain endlessly on the internet, so there is that. I have been able to catch an 85, both 38s, a 71, an 83, and now an 05 (ck just opened his reserve) without much effort from dealers at the good dealer price. I do nothing special except pay attention, I think some folks would rather complain than actually buy a knife. This should probably be in the G, B, and U thread so I will stop and not post till here till I have an 05 to share.

Not the first time I have read this strategy here on the forum, "I can't buy anymore, so I am going to sell the ones I already have.". This has to be one of the most foreign concepts I have ever come across. If I personally were no longer able to aquire GEC knives for whatever reason, I would keep and use the ones I did have till they were worn flat out. But then I guess I wouldn't be able to complain endlessly on the internet, so there is that. I have been able to catch an 85, both 38s, a 71, an 83, and now an 05 (ck just opened his reserve) without much effort from dealers at the good dealer price. I do nothing special except pay attention, I think some folks would rather complain than actually buy a knife. This should probably be in the G, B, and U thread so I will stop and not post till here till I have an 05 to share.
That's the thing about Fight Club. If you really want to be a member, you're going to have to fight.

I have my fingers crossed hard that I get good stag on this little bugger... 😁

With the CK reserves are they all pen blades? The picture seemed to only show pen blades. Or is it random on whether you get a coping blade or a pen blade?

With the CK reserves are they all pen blades? The picture seemed to only show pen blades. Or is it random on whether you get a coping blade or a pen blade?
You will get a choice of one or the other till one runs out.

I've been sporadically looking at dealers that normally sell GEC's looking to see any new models. Has the demand finally surpassed what GEC can produce and they just sell out instantly now?

Woof. I remember 4-5 years ago and people discussed this being a possibility with the quality being so high and the prices so reasonable for what you got. These 05's are pretty sweet little knives though. I'm a huge fan of how the stag turned out on these

Not the first time I have read this strategy here on the forum, "I can't buy anymore, so I am going to sell the ones I already have.". This has to be one of the most foreign concepts I have ever come across. If I personally were no longer able to aquire GEC knives for whatever reason, I would keep and use the ones I did have till they were worn flat out....
That's my thinking, too. I bought the GECs I have because I liked them, and if I never buy another, I won't like them any less. Maybe if I were thinking of them as investments, it would be different, and I'd try to sell at peak value?

Anyway, I really like these keychain knives, and I'm not saying they are "overpriced" since they are good quality and obviously they are selling out quickly. I can't help thinking that I can pick up two or three very nice vintage penknives for the same price, though.

I look forward to seeing the variety of stag in everyone's photos. 👍

These look nice. Is the run finished and all sold? I'd like to buy if they come up again. I could always use more knives on my Keychain.

The leather fob was not as high of quality as I was expecting. Not a deal breaker but more FYI for those interested. I guess I just figured they were using the same leather as the beer & sausage slips.

It went right on my car keys. Used to break down some boxes and put the keys up on the counter. Later put keys back in my pocket, later put hand in pocket to find I hadn't folded the blade closed. Found out that GEC did a great job sharpening these little guys. Welcome to the life of an idiot.

Back