2021 GEC #68 White Owl

E293F33A-3A6E-4566-9BD3-6BA25C6C0B5F.jpeg
That picture is full of awesomeness. 🤠 :thumbsup:
Is that one of Jon's carvings? If so, that is amazing and really completes the collection.

I have never seen a White Owl but here is one of my photos of a Barn Owl hunting I took some years ago.
It was an amazing experience he set his boundary limits and as long as I kept the set distance he carried on.
I would have like to get closer but you have to respect a wild animal.
In the hover it is brilliant how they stay silently in the same position using their ears that are off set to detect vowels and the like (its not sight they use)..

Nice John, those two can get some work done for sure. 😎👍
That bead? is too cool!!! bigfish64 bigfish64

If there was a white owl photo contest this would win it, hands down. Great content!

That picture is full of awesomeness. 🤠 :thumbsup:
Is that one of Jon's carvings? If so, that is amazing and really completes the collection.

That is just perfect did you carve the owl?
Thanks guys. The only thing is this picture I’m responsible for is the bead. I love owls and when I saw it I had to buy it. As for the other items, the knife was sold to me for cost by Jon0385 Jon0385 , and as if that wasn’t generous enough he also gifted me the awesome owl that he carved himself. The beautiful slip was a gift from JohnDF JohnDF . Two generous gentlemen for sure. 😊👍

Nice John, those two can get some work done for sure. 😎👍

Thanks guys. The only thing is this picture I’m responsible for is the bead. I love owls and when I saw it I had to buy it. As for the other items, the knife was sold to me for cost by Jon0385 Jon0385 , and as if that wasn’t generous enough he also gifted me the awesome owl that he carved himself. The beautiful slip was a gift from JohnDF JohnDF . Two generous gentlemen for sure. 😊👍
wow you where lucky/popular.

I posted a picture of my White Owl earlier, thought I’d add a few first impressions. I really like the size, big enough to cut up an apple for lunch and slim enough for a comfortable carry. Mine has the same scratches that others are pointing out. This isn’t a collector piece for me so it doesn’t bother me, some patina will take care of most of it I suspect. I like the looks of the pile side better because I like the contrast of the white and brown but the jigging is really nice. The pen blade has some play when open and moves around a bit in the well, which no doubt is the cause of the scratches near the owl. The scratch near the tip came from a rough spot on the tang of the pen blade. A little file work took care of that. This is going to be a fun knife to carry and fiddle with and I’m very glad I was able to get one. 😊👍DFE2D87A-1E64-4EBD-A0F3-73A61BF819AE.jpegA2E30C9D-817E-4392-BEEE-0F0CB8BFA1F4.jpeg

Back