2021 GEC 83 Tascosa Lock Back

This is my 83 from the 2015 run. The lock is pretty solid with no vertical play, but slight play side to side. I also have a 99 lock back, and a 72 lock back. Both of those have play side to side and vertical . This 83 has the most solid lock up of any GEC lock back in my collection. Disengaging the lock is a bit more challenging too...

This particular example is my favorite jigged bone pattern of any GEC that I own. Having said that, the 83 frame is probably my least favorite frame. I think I would like it much better if it were a slip joint. The lock back on such a diminutive knife is out of place IMO. Different strokes for different folks. I don’t intend to chase after the upcoming release - good luck to the rest of you 83 fans hot on the scent. :thumbsup:

p2nVhB6.jpg
That jigged bone is really incredible !

I completely agree with the 83 pattern being improved by being a slipjoint. But then it would need a different number, maybe a #84 ( I don't think it's been used, yet). Either way, I'll hope to get one. I recently traded off my only one, and need a replacement.

Anyone that has the 83 and some other GEC trappers wanna do a size comparison lineup shot?

Looking forward to these little guys.

Thanks!

As promised : Lower 2 are 83s and upper is a 43

Left to Right
72 , 72 , 73 , 73 74 , 83 , &

Harry

Wow Harry, I could sit and drool into this drawer of yours for hours. Never gets old to see these beauties. Good to see the comparison with the 43, as I have the frontier bone 43. Thank you for the pictures!

Excellent! What a dynamite pair. That stacked shot is a perfect comparison. Thank you good sir!

Super excited for these 83's. The Autumn Leaf jigged bone looks incredible! Hoping for something similar for the jigged bone on this relase! Thanks all for sharing your photos.

I'll be in line to get one for sure, but mostly need one to match my son's GCM, for my daughter. She's asked for pink...think there's a chance?

I think the 83 is going to fill a sweet little void in terms of size in my humble collection. Interested to test out a GEC lock back for the first time also. I hope my stag turns out like some of the samples I've seen around here.

I’m really excited over the 83. More than any other of their patterns. It’s right at my preferred size and being easy to open. Will definitely be buying one on the secondary if I have no luck in the lollyscramble.

I’m really excited over the 83. More than any other of their patterns. It’s right at my preferred size and being easy to open. Will definitely NOT be buying one on the secondary if I have no luck in the lollyscramble.
That was a close one, I fixed it for you.
Don't go spilling the beans, we're suppose to down play them. They'll be horrible, way to small, no one buy them. :D

Back