1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

52100 Para2

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Cursum Perficio, Oct 5, 2017.

1. NYRangers_#1_UT

NYRangers_#1_UT

Jun 11, 2016
    Exactly, this beauty is available on many corners around the globe. It was procured by a distributer, and it's available through many outlets.

2. on_the_edge

on_the_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Received an email from Blade HQ a few hours ago. Mine is on the way! :thumbsup:

silluine and jbmonkey like this.
  3. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Gold Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Ok.

4. tyyreaun

tyyreaun Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2017
    Got mine from KnifeCenter, love it. It's probably the best tweaked PM2 I've ever gotten - didn't need to adjust the pivot at all.

I don't get the hate for the CF scales - I prefer them over G10. Grippy but doesn't seem to want to rip fabric as much as Spyderco's G10 does.

5. blanex1

blanex1

Feb 11, 2015
    exclusive or sprint,no matter to me!its one of spyderco's best golden colorado made knifes,we all no this...;)

Leftytwogunz likes this.
  6. JNewell

JNewell

Nov 18, 2005
    I had the same thought, but this is apparently a distributor exclusive, not a sprint.

7. Seneca18

Seneca18 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2015
    I love the CF also, feels better in the hands to me, they did a great job on this one mine was perfect also.

8. donscpoo

donscpoo Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2013
    KC got mine to me in Singapore in record time. I received mine this afternoon. The order was placed on 6 Oct.

The fit and finish are Spyderco perfect as usual. It came razor sharp out of the box. I really dig this run of the PM2.

[​IMG]

9. on_the_edge

Jan 31, 2006
    52100 PM2 is in "da house"! :thumbsup: I was going to drop it right into my pocket until I saw the clip...

black and positioned for tip down...

lmao.gif
    Ummmmmmm...

I don't think so!!!

10. donscpoo

donscpoo Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2013
    Me too but I can't resist and dropped it into my pocket any way LOL

11. on_the_edge

Jan 31, 2006
    Now I can get some sleep tonight knowing the world won't end. ;)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    mn700vforce, jbmonkey and donscpoo like this.
  12. Red House

Red House

May 1, 2016
    Clip dtls pls. :)

13. tyyreaun

tyyreaun Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2017
    Looks like a Ripp's Garage Tech. I have one on the way for my 52100 :)

14. on_the_edge

Jan 31, 2006
    ^^^^^^^^^I believe these are them.

15. Gunsnknives

Gunsnknives

Mar 26, 2011
    Does anyone have info on the hardness that Spyderco runs these blades? 52100 takes a super keen edge and is easy to sharpen....hence I’m wondering how hard they are run.

Could also be I’m used to abrasion resistant steels like M390.

16. FK

FK Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    I have several fixed blade hunting knives with 52100 and really like how the steel sharpens up and performs in general.

Made the decision this weekend,,,,,, purchased a LNIB Military 52100 from the Exchange and ordered a PM2 in 52100 from BHQ.
    Just rec'd the shipping notice from BHQ and should receive the pkg by end of this week.

Next question is the patina,,, fight to keep the steel clean and oiled or let it color up?

Regards,
    FK

17. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    i like steel to look like steel. natural patinas i like, forced not so much. looks forced and faked and just does nothing for me. your call.........mine stays looking like clean steel until it doesnt from use.

P2P likes this.
  18. miltmaldo

miltmaldo Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2012
    What's the finish on the blade . It doesn't look like the usual polished finish . Looks more satin finish .

19. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    15082077892301789499208.jpg

got mine today. perfect example. spyderco really put this one together right. perfect in every way.....i care about anyways.

Leftytwogunz likes this.
  20. anycal

anycal

Jan 11, 2017
    The finish appears the same, but he steel is slightly darker and hair more matte than my M390 blade.

JonLeBlanc likes this.