6 New Zero Tolerance Folders Announced at the 2016 SHOT Show

Meh.

On the other hand... Holy mother of kershaw that's a lot of new knives! New Kershaws are much more appealing to me :thumbup:

My little brother loves satin handled knives with black blades, but it doesn't happen often. Maybe I'll pick up a 0450 and a 0450CF and switch the blades. The satin/CF would make a sweet little match for my 0452CF and the raw ti/black blade would be a perfect birthday gift for my little bro.

Last edited:
My little brother loves satin handled knives with black blades, but it doesn't happen often. Maybe I'll pick up a 0450 and a 0450CF and switch the blades. The satin/CF would make a sweet little brother for my 0452CF and the raw ti/black blade would be a perfect birthday gift for my little bro.

Switching blades is ill-advised. Lock bars and blades are made to work with each other and are not interchangeable.

Edit - I forgot the 0450's have lockbar inserts. As long as you swap the lockbar insert that went with the original blade, you should be fine.

I compared the data in the 2016 ZT Catalog versus the website and there are a few discrepancies. I think the catalog is correct.

• 0456: Catalog MSRP is $300.00 vs. $275.00 on the website.
  • 0450CF: Catalog blade length is 3.25" vs. 3.5" on the website
  • 0220: Catalog MSRP is $285.00 vs. $275.00 on the website

Last edited:
Switching blades is ill-advised. Lock bars and blades are made to work with each other and are not interchangeable.

Edit - I forgot the 0450's have lockbar inserts. As long as you swap the lockbar insert that went with the original blade, you should be fine.

That's what I figured. Since the screw location for the lockbar insert, it should be cool, just like you said.

I compared the data in the 2016 ZT Catalog versus the website and there are a few discrepancies. I think the catalog is correct.

• 0450CF: Catalog blade length is 3.25" vs. 3.5" on the website

I would certainly think that the blade length would be the same as the regular 0450. That way they can use the same blades (just coat it), the same hardware, the same lockbar side, etc.

I took one look at that new Kershaw 1955, and was all, "I must own one of these!"

Then I went to their website and saw that it was made in China, only to have my hopes dashed. :(

I was waiting to see if there was anything new interesting. Think I am going to go buy a 0452cf instead of any of these

Interesting, kind of a let down from previous years to me, but you can't hit a grand slam every year. We've all seen a Talon, the 804 and 0450CF are basically knives they already make. I like the 450CF but if it's the same size as the 450 (3.25" blade and 4.1" closed, which makes sense) instead of the website at 3.5" blade and 4.9" closed specs that will be an instant deal breaker. I didn't like the 0450's handle length/feel in that design at all.

The 0804 is nice but I'd have really liked to see some jimping on it and $350 seems a little high, but the market is paying silly prices for knives these days so that's not surprising.

The others are unique but don't appeal to me, I do like the blade shape on the 0095 but I'd have to handle one first see how the ergos are.

350 is Msrp which means it'll be 280 MAP. That's 0300 pricing with carbon fiber, better steel and a 3d machined Ti clip.

That Anso looks nice. On the lanyard hole, lots of Anso's seem to have that slot but recessed into the scale. I agree it looks like it would be uncomfortable.

350 is Msrp which means it'll be 280 MAP. That's 0300 pricing with carbon fiber, better steel and a 3d machined Ti clip.

True but it's also 15% higher than the 0620CF and 0562CF introduced for, but a slightly longer blade. It's not surprising given the consumer market at all, it's actually more surprising that companies have not pushed prices even higher in response.

The aluminum back-spacer on the 0804CF is disappointing - I really hate the one on the 0770CF. If they wanted to save weight, they could have gone with carbon fiber or G10.

I guess someone may produce some after-market stand-offs.

GP Knives posted a picture of the ZT 0456 on their facebook. Looks pretty nice. But if I have to choose between this year's offerings, I'll rather choose the original ZT 0095.

10649931_1001112723281091_7374194032120051514_n.jpg

Back