6 New Zero Tolerance Folders Announced at the 2016 SHOT Show

The 0909 is growing on me but they really need to skeletonize the liners and bring it closer to 6oz.

It should be noted that almost all of the new Kershaws are using 8Cr or worse steel. That's not necessarily a deal breaker, but it's a bit of a shame as I'd love to see something like 14C28V become the norm, given their relationship with Sandvik and the fact that companies like Real Steel are using it on even less expensive knives.

But the 456 and 0095BW look great!

But if I have to choose between this year's offerings, I'll rather choose the original ZT 0095.

You mean 0095 introduced at the 2015 Blade Show which became a Russian-exclusive? If so, they're still available at some Russian dealers but they're $300+!

0095_profile_1020x400le.png

0095_clipside_closed_1020x400.png

The upcoming 0095BW is pretty much the same but blackwashed and no blue anodized standoffs.
0095bw_profile_1020x400.png

0095bw_clipside_closed_1020x400.png

You mean 0095 introduced at the 2015 Blade Show which became a Russian-exclusive? If so, they're still available at some Russian dealers but they're $300+!

0095_profile_1020x400le.png

0095_clipside_closed_1020x400.png

Yes, and I just don't understand why don't they offer the ZT0095 instead. I don't really like black coating or even blackwashed knives. And the ZT0095 doesn't feel like a limited edition knife in the first place.

Yes, and I just don't understand why don't they offer the ZT0095 instead. I don't really like black coating or even blackwashed knives. And the ZT0095 doesn't feel like a limited edition knife in the first place.

At least right now (if ever) they won't release it here because there are quite a few left in Russia at elevated prices. I agree that the 0095 isn't really LE.

I prefer the conservative designs. Manufacturers seem to be running out of ideas to innovate and are basically taking existing models and mutating the handles or blades to look like they came off the set of Star Trek. The 'Limited Edition' label is tacked on for good effect.

If I had to pick just one it'd be the 0456 Sinkevich with the size, blade shape, blade steel, titanium milling and blue accents. All for a street price of $220! However, with a 3.25" blade and aluminum backspacer it weighs 6.6 ounces! It's probably the thickness of the titanium and blade.
I had the same reaction: "Oooooooooh..." until I saw the weight: "Oh." When a folder is within shouting distance of half a pound, it's a deal-breaker--at least for my daily purposes.
I'd be more inclined towards the 2.7 oz 0450CF, 'cept for the all-black motif. Is it too much to ask for a Hello Kitty motif from ZT??? *fires off another angry letter*

GP Knives posted a picture of the ZT 0456 on their facebook. Looks pretty nice. But if I have to choose between this year's offerings, I'll rather choose the original ZT 0095.

10649931_1001112723281091_7374194032120051514_n.jpg

This one is growing on me now... I just wish it was a little pointier :D

If I had to pick just one it'd be the 0456 Sinkevich with the size, blade shape, blade steel, titanium milling and blue accents. All for a street price of $220! However, with a 3.25" blade and aluminum backspacer it weighs 6.6 ounces! It's probably the thickness of the titanium and blade.
If the msrp is $300 won't it be $240?

I don t have any particular affinity for flippers, but I don t mind them as long as there is a thumb stud or hole for optional manual opening. Given and the weight of the knives, and the lack of this manuel opening:rolleyes: option, I m not interested at this time. Maybe my tastes will change.:rolleyes:

If the msrp is $300 won't it be $240?

Currently, there are a few discrepancies between the ZT website and the ZT catalog.

I compared the data in the 2016 ZT Catalog versus the website and there are a few discrepancies. I think the catalog is correct.

• 0456: Catalog MSRP is $300.00 vs. $275.00 on the website.
  • 0450CF: Catalog blade length is 3.25" vs. 3.5" on the website
  • 0220: Catalog MSRP is $285.00 vs. $275.00 on the website

Last edited:
Only a couple of them look interesting to me and even though they are large and sturdy which i like. They seem pretty boring compared to the old lines. None of them have that gotta have it vibe for me.

How come? For deployment methods other than flippers, highly polished bronze washers are just fine. However I consider ball bearing pivots the best thing to happen to flipping actions.

AGREED. I simply won't buy non-bearing flippers anymore...they're too inconsistent with flipping action. If you can minimize friction, why not? Nothing like a snappy non-assisted flipper on bearings!

That 0450cf.
I'm gonna start saving for that one now...

I just got a450, been on the fence forever. The reason is metal scales are slick with cool dry hands. I wonder if ZT will sell the cf scale alone, and if it will fit the regular 450. Figures, if I had waited a few weeks I wouldn't be in this predicament.

Last edited:
i love the anso but that backspacer and zt logo at the rear totally ruin it for me... i forsee big aftermarket for 0220 backspacers lol

something like this.. and something to cover up that zt logo at the rear.. like a nice carbon inlay

TsYhgT2.png

Back