1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

6 New Zero Tolerance Folders Announced at the 2016 SHOT Show

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by RamZar, Jan 19, 2016.

1. rogerxd45

rogerxd45

Mar 12, 2009
    opps....double post

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  2. rogerxd45

rogerxd45

Mar 12, 2009
    exactly the three knives i like out of the bunch! personally im really excited for their offering this year. the last ZT i was excited for was the 0801 which is still riding shotgun in my pocket (although my new microtech scarab has been fighting for the #1 EDC slot. in the end i think the 0801 will get carried more then the scarab once the novelty of a new knife wears off)
    but its going to be very hard to choose which knife to carry after i buy 0804 and the 0909 as well as the 0095 if they ever offer it in a non-blackwash finish

3. rogerxd45

rogerxd45

Mar 12, 2009
    yup! i will be buying that one as well.
    the kershaw RAM is still the best flipper ive ever used...it even beats out my $485 southard midtech. im really excited to see the hawk lock brought back, hopefully it will flip as well as the ram. I just hope they put the hock lock in some higher end American made knives
    g&g hawk live like 30 miles away from me and grant comes in an eats at our family restaurant so i always support them when i can. they are both very nice people and just incredible designers, i really want to buy their new OTF design which has absolutly ZERO blade play. every other OTF ive seen has some blade play but their "Deadlock" is solid as a rock. I really hope ZT does a collaboration with them again but for the OTF deadlock design. The mechanism is just too good for it to be a custom only design, something this good needs to be enjoyed by as many people as possible, i really hope ZT picks up the design, it would give them a leg up over microtech thats for sure

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  4. Insipid Moniker

Insipid Moniker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Oooooh. ZT G&G Hawk OTF? With that many acronyms how can it be bad?! Seriously, I have absolutely no interest in OTF knives and I would still probably lay down the cash for that one.

5. L.H.S

L.H.S Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2013
    I agree in a way, though I might have worded it differently. I love the flipping action of ZT caged ball bearings, but they do seem to get gritty quicker. I also know people say that they don't flatten, but I really think two of the caged ball bearing pivots I've had have seemed to flatten somewhat. Still, they flipped well after a cleaning and some lube. I've never really seen frame locks as strong locks relatively, but I'm sure even these more artsy and futuristic looking knives are able to withstand any normal use and most hard use.

It looks like that might be the case. I wondered why they'd do an Emerson collaboration without a wave.

6. Inspiribomb

Inspiribomb Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 12, 2015
    I was really looking forward to seeing what ZT would bring to the table, but overall am underwhelmed by these offerings. The 0095 looks interesting but nothing really new. Looks like ZT is doing more of the same rather than upping their game (limited editions and factory customs aside).

I would LOVE to see this. ZT or Reate collaboration to produce the Poluchetkiy or similar would be a must-have for me.

7. Apec

Apec

Oct 30, 2007
    The 0909 is basically a Les George Talos with a flipper and G10 scales/linerlock.

8. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
  9. Arviee

Arviee

Jan 8, 2016
    Since we're discussing and criticizing new ZT's, what do you think about this:

[​IMG]

This has been bugging me since the first moment I saw this knife. Is it really so freaking hard to plug this hole? Look. they actually know that you can make it pretty:

[​IMG]

They use super cool carbon fiber and CTS-204P blade and than fuck up like this? I just don't get it.

10. redfeenix

redfeenix

May 12, 2011
    ^ Since when are we allowed to drop F bombs? This isn't W&C

11. eon blue apocalypse

eon blue apocalypse

Apr 11, 2015
    Yeah I agree. They should have put the "made in USA" on a little plate that could be put in there, and then used a different pivot. A definite flaw for me.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  12. M.Perry

M.Perry

Dec 7, 2014
    They look nice. However, if you want thumb studs. Boom...there are none.

13. Misanthropia

Misanthropia Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 10, 2011
    I don't think I can name a knife in that price range that has a reversible, sculpted clip with a filler tab in the opposite hole. I think this asking a little much considering everyone offering a sculpted clip in this price range has it tapped in only one location. I'm sure it doesn't actually cost very much to include a filler tab, but to expect it is a little unreasonable.

14. Scurvy092

Scurvy092

Jan 31, 2012
    Yeah, forget left handed people... I don't want a hole in my knife I don't like!

15. RevDevil

RevDevil Super Evil Supermod Staff Member Super Mod

Nov 9, 2009
    You can "plug the hole", there will more than likely be a filler tab available. Patience.

The problem with many thumbstuds, is that they get in the way when the cutting is being done down closer to the handle. They also have the potential snag on a pocket when the knife is being pulled. Not a big deal that there are no thumbstuds IMO.

16. L.H.S

L.H.S Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2013
    That's one of the main reasons I prefer a thumb hole, nail nick, or flipper over a thumb stud. They can also be a bother when sharpening.

17. Buddyleet

Buddyleet Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 27, 2013
    The 0450cf and 0909 are on my radar.

18. jlamb

jlamb

Nov 25, 2009
    Having never owned a zt, this may change. I never bought one cause of the reason many of you like, i.e. Tactical looks. So I guess their marketing must be working cause they caught my eye and I will probably get the anso and a few more.

19. Jessup_16

Jessup_16

Jun 25, 2015
    I like the 0220

20. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Since we have new Kershaw knives in this thread...
    [video=youtube;E_YyXZnLDrY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_YyXZnLDrY[/video]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016