#77 Barlow 2016 - What configuration would you like?

Cool thanks. Thats exactly what I thought, more radiused.
I have tried to look at the pics on GECs site but it is down...

Cool thanks. Thats exactly what I thought, more radiused.
I have tried to look at the pics on GECs site but it is down...

Copperhead looks so fine, it broke the website. :D

I looked awhile ago and it appeared to be the normal saw cut pattern.

I just looked at the pic again to confirm - same as the rest have been! :thumbup:

I looked awhile ago and it appeared to be the normal saw cut pattern.

I just looked at the pic again to confirm - same as the rest have been! :thumbup:

If I remember correctly :
The Copperhead was supposed to be Saw Cut . Only the Red was supposed to be Jigged .

Harry

A couple more to help us all make it through the weekend.

14368810_1305886646090449_763510545637837093_n.jpg

14344942_1306662739346173_3403283355238918884_n.png

I think the blood red jiged bone is going to be a breath taker. Can't wait to see the completed product.

Wow. The copperhead looks like the epitome of the classic barlow to me. Everything looks absolutely perfect!!!

I even like how the green came out, and I was ready not to like it.

Unfortutely, I couldn't afford three 77's, so I had to duck out on the micarta.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Aha, I finally figure out why the micarta didn't sit right with me and looked "dirty" or "pre-aged". I've been googling bone LINEN micarta which show clean smooth uniform surfaces.
Just realized this is bone CANVAS micarta. Stupid me for not reading more carefully.

If I remember correctly, the initial cover options listed said that the micarta was linen, which was why I didn't reserve one. I prefer the canvas texture. Rats! I guess I will make due with the red jig bone I did reserve instead.;) very excited to get a peek at that soon!
Thanks,
Brian

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Your correct it was linen. I wasnt sure either but just decided to order anyways. I would hate for it to Turn out nice and not be able to get it later.

Sure glad that I reserved a Copperhead and now I would like to see what my other reserved one , the Blood Red Jigged Bone , looks like.

Harry

I think the copperhead sawcut looks more like tan sawcut but it looks great, can't wait to get it!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the GEC home page's image of the copperhead sawcut has been changed. The pictured scales are no longer exhibiting the tight radius in the saw marks. Just FYI. I'm waiting on one of these puppies myself, so...

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the GEC home page's image of the copperhead sawcut has been changed. The pictured scales are no longer exhibiting the tight radius in the saw marks. Just FYI. I'm waiting on one of these puppies myself, so...

I thought I saw a really strange radius in those saw marks the other day too, but upon zooming in on the pic I found that it was how the computer screen blurred them. I saved that image GEC had posted - so was able to zoom in on it and realized the saw cut radius was actually normal and not nearly circular like my first impression was. Some sort of illusion is all it was.

Have no fear, the saw cut has not changed :thumbup:

PS: I've been further examining two versions of that pic that I saved about 20 minutes apart. The first one is somehow blurry and of poor quality. It gives the impression that the saw cut pattern is nearly circular. When I look closely I can sort of see the "normal" saw cut pattern vaguely showing through. I then look at the second image I saved and it's far more clear and appears "normal". From what I can tell it's the same two knives.

Last edited:
I thought I saw a really strange radius in those saw marks the other day too, but upon zooming in on the pic I found that it was how the computer screen blurred them. I saved that image GEC had posted - so was able to zoom in on it and realized the saw cut radius was actually normal and not nearly circular like my first impression was. Some sort of illusion is all it was.

Have no fear, the saw cut has not changed :thumbup:

It's all good... I had wondered if there was something amiss with the image, actually. But they have what seems to be a clearer shot on there now. I'm excited about my first #77, first sawcut handles, and first decent Barlow. The plastic shell-handled Colonial from when I was a kid just isn't doing it for me anymore. ;-)

Back