#77 Barlow 2016 - What configuration would you like?

Thank you for the amplifying information Mike. You have always been a true professional. When I received the stand by email I knew that things way out of anyone's controll must have taken place. I will never fault a manufacturer or distributor for maintaining high standards with their products. I will definitely hold onto the hope that the majority of these make it through and prior reservations are filled. Like many others I would be 100% satisfied with a "factory second". All that means to me is the first scratch or chip already exists so I don't need to feel bad when the second one shows up:thumbup:

Last edited:
38 posts are being moved offline because they discussed the purchasing process and not the knives.

And yes, I probably missed a few.

The Traditional forum is for discussing knives, not for discussing the purchasing process.
Gary and I normally let a few go. This was over the top.

I am very impressed with GEC posted pictures of the new and ordered and paid for Blood Red and Copperhead 77 Barlows .
They both are handle patterns that I do not currently have .
I believe that the Blood Red may very well be the nicest one yet.
We will see !!!

Harry

Mike - thanks for the information. It is another window into the SFO / knife manufacturing process and is greatly appreciated.

For my part, copper sawcut and red jigged are in the basket.
I'm looking forward to coon fingerin' and chicken eyein' that jigged bone; the photos look just fantastic.

I didn't reserve a Blood Red jigged bone one, but the jigging pattern looked familiar...
0BD84b8.png

Reminds me of a different 77 from almost a year ago. Nice!
hh5CAVL.jpg

These will be my first clip point pocket knives, I'm super excited. The green saw-cut has my heart and the canvas micarta is close second. Even as busy as I am - which is unusual - the 28th seems sooooo far away. Haha...but not really.

Well done, Mike. Congrats on a great sale and offering of knives.

Like everyone else, I'm blown away by how good the blood red jigged handles came out. Red can be iffy (sorry, Case) but these look killer! CK went 4 for 4 on this run! I'll also piggyback on the kudos to Mike for the way he runs his business...pure class. 👍

Yeah, I never get in on any of these.

I was fortunate to get in on a copperhead. This will be my first #77, first new high-quality Barlow, first sawcut anything, and only my third GEC knife overall. So naturally, I'm pretty stoked. At the same time, I feel badly for those who missed out or, maybe worse, have seen their "sure" reservations turn into "maybes." I know both Mr. Latham and GEC are doing their level best to meet the demand.

Seems like with the demand for these being what they are, there's no reason to even have an early reserve type of thing. Just place the SFO and when they show up, put 'em up for sale first-come, first-served.

Certainly looks like they are great knives. I've got the 77 single-blade forum knife and one of last year's spear+coping models, so if my reserve doesn't come through on this one, I'll survive. :)

Last year's perfection:

I am just giddy for my couple to arrive. I'd frankly be happy with any of the four, but the blood red is looking like my favorite. The deep, almost grizzly-style, jigging set against the polished bolster is just gorgeous. Thanks, Mike, for all the work that goes into putting this thing together.

Seems like with the demand for these being what they are, there's no reason to even have an early reserve type of thing. Just place the SFO and when they show up, put 'em up for sale first-come, first-served.

Certainly looks like they are great knives. I've got the 77 single-blade forum knife and one of last year's spear+coping models, so if my reserve doesn't come through on this one, I'll survive. :)

Last year's perfection:

I believe that your 77 had the best handle slabs , except for Stag , of any so far !! And that was just caused by some mistake in the dye process . But what a great mistake that was.
Stunning knife John !!!

Harry

Yep, it did come out beautiful. The way the bone almost looks like liquid or acrylic? That's just how it came. I didn't do anything to it other than wipe it down with a soft cloth before I took that pic. It's just polished bone. Everything about that one is ideal. I was kind of hoping for a spear+coping for this year's run, but the single-spear turned out great too. Maybe next year.

Despite it not working out for me on this one occasion I would say don't change a thing. It's a good system that I still really appreciate and look forward to using in the future :thumbup:

An older picture but my most carried traditional-

Despite it not working out for me on this one occasion I would say don't change a thing. It's a good system that I still really appreciate and look forward to using in the future :thumbup:

An older picture but my most carried traditional-

Nice! That long-pull spear is my all-time fav.

Thank you arizonaranchman. I have found the micarta #77 to be my ideal EDC knife. I also had an ivory bone single spear but it was such a nice knife that I could not bring myself to carry it. One day a good friend of mine saw my micarta #77 and commented on how nice it was and how much he liked the bolster. The next day I handed him a white cardboard tube with the Barlow pictured below inside. I'm happy to report it has been in his pocket every day since.

Last edited:
Back