#77 Barlow 2016 - What configuration would you like?

As someone who got moved from OK to standby status, I wouldn't change a thing on how Mike handles his SFOs. I still hope things will work out, but even if they don't, I like the system the way it is regardless.

Sorry, quoted myself instead of editing.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The knives are beautiful - all 4 of them.

Doesn't matter which system, I'm never fast enough anyway, and don't get the texts.

In general, the early reserve is perfect. With high demand releases such as this, I'd support a system where you reserve 1 knife, then choose which material on checkout.

But like many have said, Early Reserve is great, and if it doesn't change at all, I'd still happily utilize it.

Thank you Mike for continuing to provide great SFOs and service to us!

Thank you arizonaranchman. I have found the micarta #77 to be my ideal EDC knife. I also had an ivory bone single spear but it was such a nice knife that I could not bring myself to carry it. One day a good friend of mine saw my micarta #77 and commented on how nice it was and how much he liked the bolster. The next day I handed him a white cardboard tube with the Barlow pictured below inside. I'm happy to report it has been in his pocket every day since.

Wow! What a wonderful gift that is. What did he carry before? Was he into traditional knives prior? It's great to hear he's put it to such good use. Kudos to you! :thumbup:

For at least two decades he always carried a Case trapper with a matching peanut riding shotgun. I remember a conversation we had some years ago where he told me his reason for the pair was his granddad always carrying a yellow cv trapper and peanut while working on the family farm when he was growing up. He had never owned a GEC knife or Barlow and was very grateful. He is now also Totin' a Barlow and a Peanut every day :)

ScottGabrielli-09208.jpg

As much as I love my #14 and #15 TC Barlows, the #77 fit my hands much better. I cannot wait for the arrival of my green saw cut clip to join this wharnie.

I was fortunate to get in on a copperhead and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. But the more I look at the green sawcut, the more I like it. IDK, it's kind of edgy (yeah, I know, they're all kind of edgy. They're knives.). So on one hand, I'm almost wishing I'd put in for the green but with my luck, like a lot of others, I'd probably be on standby now. I hope all goes well and it gets easier being green for everyone.

Due to the misfortune of a drop and cracked scale in July, I've become the proud owner of perhaps the only Spear/Coping 77 Barlow in Copperhead saw cut. Thank you to GEC for the beautiful repair.

Very happy to have The Precious back!

FCA272C4-08DA-44CB-901B-E12CDA3AD08D_zpsdfakdwsa.jpg

That is very striking! It has got to feel good to have back in your pocket. Can't wait to see this one in a year:thumbup:

When someone gets a chance after these arrive, I would like to see the Copperhead next to an Old Tan Saw cut, just for comparison

Due to the misfortune of a drop and cracked scale in July, I've become the proud owner of perhaps the only Spear/Coping 77 Barlow in Copperhead saw cut. Thank you to GEC for the beautiful repair.

Very happy to have The Precious back!

FCA272C4-08DA-44CB-901B-E12CDA3AD08D_zpsdfakdwsa.jpg

That looks awesome! Big congrats on one very unique long-pull spear :thumbup:

Apparently the bone micarta 77s have been sorted. Just received an invoice for my "moved to standby" bone micarta 77. I'm so excited! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Congrats Tilley! Looks like I'll be refreshing my inbox every 2mins today hoping for mine.

I'm typing this from my phone, and autocorreat thought that "Bob" should instead be "Bobviously", which isn't a real word or even a fake word that I've ever typed.

LOL now that's funny! I swear my Galaxy S6 has the dumbest autocorrect I've ever seen. It can't correct the simplest of mistakes.

Back