1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

#77 Barlow 2016 - What configuration would you like?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by knifeswapper, Feb 8, 2016.

1. major_works

major_works

Aug 30, 2014
    The order details for my copperhead now says it's shipped. Huzzah!

2. Baldy McBalders

Baldy McBalders

Jun 28, 2014
    Red jig bone incoming!
    B.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

3. HST

HST

Apr 2, 2015
    Mine are scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Really looking forward to owning these knives. It's Petit LeMans weekend, so it's a good surprise to see them, before I have to wait until Sunday.

Many firsts for me in owning these knives - I'm really excited!

4. jc57

jc57 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Hope to see some pics of these beauties once they start arriving.

5. cbr1000

cbr1000

Jan 31, 2013
    Lucky, I still don't have tracking yet. I didn't think they were shipping until today.

6. arizonaranchman

arizonaranchman

Jan 1, 2012
    For those who are waiting to see Copperhead saw cut...

My 2015 Spear/Coping went in for repair of a cracked scale and was refitted with Copperhead scales.

[​IMG]

7. HST

HST

Apr 2, 2015
    I'll post mine for sure if anyone else hasn't by the time I get them.

I didn't either, then I realized I had an unread email from yesterday. I was ecstatic!

8. jc57

Nov 28, 2012
    For the rest of us, could you grind that spear down to a clip point and file in the matchstriker serrations on the long pull? Y'know, just to help us with the visualization. ;)

9. Cory Hess

Cory Hess

Jul 1, 2014
    Blasphemer!! :mad: :grumpy: :mad:

10. Tilley Knife

Tilley Knife I'm Daniel, I make stuff

Jul 6, 2011
    I have a 77 sheepsfoot and a clip on the way but that spear is beautiful!

11. Shaggy

Shaggy

Jan 30, 2012
    Very nice, AR. Might have to start "dropping" a few of my knives on the tile floor, too. ;):p

12. arizonaranchman

arizonaranchman

Jan 1, 2012
    LOL I was heart-broken when it happened, but oh well that's life. I sure did miss it and am so happy to have it back. The Copperhead scales are beautiful and I'm adjusting to the new color! :thumbup:

13. Dunhill

Dunhill

Jun 25, 2015
    I put shag carpeting even in the kitchen to help avoid such tragedies. Priorities.

14. jc57

Nov 28, 2012
    On a serious note, that's one reason I generally prefer bolsters on both ends of bone-handled knives. Of course that would look silly on a Barlow, but it's a personal preference on other patterns. Though I have violated that preference from time to time.

15. arizonaranchman

arizonaranchman

Jan 1, 2012
    Lol, the agony of The Wait - we all go through it, over and over far too offen!

16. arizonaranchman

arizonaranchman

Jan 1, 2012
    I also like bolsters at both ends, but yes on the Barlow they just don't fit.

17. BearBug

BearBug

Jun 18, 2015
    Arizona!!!!! Glad you got your baby back. I think it looks great with copperhead saw cut covers. I was glad to hear how well they took care of you.

18. arizonaranchman

arizonaranchman

Jan 1, 2012
    Thanks, yes GEC's customer service was great. Chris called me to discuss the available scales and said they'd be putting my knife through with this run of 77's. It all turned out well :thumbup:

[​IMG]

19. Stropping Young Lad

Stropping Young Lad Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Your knife wasn't fixed, it was upgraded!

20. abey67

abey67

Feb 25, 2007
    Gotta a bone micarta and copperhead that are supposed to arrive Saturday. Can't wait to see these two in person.