Photos A Walk in Nature

The in-laws are visiting us from Florida … so I went on a solo adventure on Serena 😄

Sailed about 20 km from Newboro Lock to the tiny but pretty village of Portland.

Tomorrow I’ll continue onto picturesque Perth

A beautiful sunset 🌅 wrapped a beautiful day and it reddish hues complemented today’s carry 😊

Vpiai4Z.png
amFnfTF.jpg
eP1NzlZ.jpg
yqv7yKM.jpg
wF0Lia1.jpg
LxhW8ud.jpg

L2RdgNB.jpg

Since you ask I Ixlplix - "I hope it's ok if I post here. For me it's not always about knives when I walk in the wild. It's more about , well, other things. I really don't know how to explain it."

These are all exceptional photos
but I venture here to grouse a bit and provide an answer. I might be alone in this point of view and so defer to others but...

...this is a WALK IN NATURE not a photo gallery thread per se. There is no walking going on with your posts just images. It's all well and good to intermix a few of these with some walk in nature content but to post a page full of images misses the intent of this thread, IMHO.

Beautiful and stunning though they maybe, BF has a place for such - HERE IN THIS SUB -FORUM

I for one old grumpy man, would ask you please to post your beauties there. If I could have sent a PM to you privately I would have done that. Sorry for the public rant. I understand your are relatively new to BF and may not have had the chance to explore other sub-forums.

I might be outvoted - that's fine of course. Just sayin...

Hey Dan,

Your solo on the canal is enviable. Looking forward to going you on ESPERANZA for our September adventure. (Yes, I love the idea of open boat , close to the water camping.) Good for you to be getting in some more practice. :) Have you been sailing or motoring this past week? I wonder how your new boat handles as a single hand sailor.

Hi Ray, yesterday I was able to sail all the way in almost perfect conditions. 😊
The motor was only used to cross the locks and when docking .

I had a good night inside Serena’s belly and will soon be departing for several hours of sailing hoping to cross Big Rideau Lake, Lower Rideau Lake, go through two locks at upper and lower Beverages and dock for the night at “ The Last Duel “ Park in Perth.

Serena handles great for single sailing 👍😊 She can be a bit “ lively “ in strong winds so caution must be exercised
I 😍 her 😊
Esperanza is number one though 😊

This morning

IoWcCIf.jpg

Say cheese 🧀🤓
N4Y8V4J.jpg

A plaque in a pretty little park besides the docks commemorating the person in charge of creating the Canadian Navy
8UpU64i.jpg

My carry for this adventure 😊
DTVdw4n.jpg

Dan is here right now posting on BF 😄
Bl6DJrW.jpg

aUT8TF9.jpg

I hope it's ok if I post here.
Listen brother I don't want you to take this the wrong way. You are a amazing photographer and your images are stunning. However as Ray stated this isn't really the right thread for it. I do appreciate your skill and mostly agree with your philosophy but there are better subforums for it.

CelloDan CelloDan fantastic images Dan!

Since you ask I Ixlplix - "I hope it's ok if I post here. For me it's not always about knives when I walk in the wild. It's more about , well, other things. I really don't know how to explain it."

but I venture here to grouse a bit and provide an answer. I might be alone in this point of view and so defer to others but...

...this is a WALK IN NATURE not a photo gallery thread per se. There is no walking going on with your posts just images. It's all well and good to intermix a few of these with some walk in nature content but to post a page full of images misses the intent of this thread, IMHO.

Beautiful and stunning though they maybe, BF has a place for such - HERE IN THIS SUB -FORUM

I for one old grumpy man, would ask you please to post your beauties there. If I could have sent a PM to you privately I would have done that. Sorry for the public rant. I understand your are relatively new to BF and may not have had the chance to explore other sub-forums.

I think you steered him to the correct place Ray. Lots of competition in nature photography and there used to be sites dedicated to that.

Arthur, you are doing fine with your wildlife photography. It might have been good to have included a knife photo or two. Best of luck in your passion and regards !
:thumbsup:

Fred Miranda.com has a nature gallery. Naturescapes.net is another fine site. You will get a better idea of the vast competition and what you are up against there. My advice is to just enjoy what you are doing and not expect anything more. ☺️

Last edited:

Yes well, I removed them. But I want you to know that all of the photo's, accept the Rooster and the Moon, were a walk in nature.
I pretty much live in the woods and swamps of Louisiana. Throughout the year. I walk for hours , and sit like a statue for hours , to get a shot.
Most of the time, after all the walking and sitting for hours, I come home with nothing, but occasionally it works. Anyway,I don't go to zoo's or have feeders in the back yard. Everything is wild caught 99% of the time.
But alas they have been removed and I shall fade out of this thread.
Take care.

But alas they have been removed and I shall fade out of this thread.
Don’t fade out entirely! :(

I saw your pictures before you removed them and to my untrained eye they seemed superb, but yes, a bit much for one post or series of posts.

I for one would enjoy hearing about your days in the wild looking for shots. On days you go you could maybe post just a couple of pictures and a shot of the knife you were carrying, give a little info on where you went, that type of thing. I’m sure others would enjoy it too, and it might give everyone a break from my nonstop stream of iPhone pics of the Potomac 🤣.

Hi @lxlplix , really beautiful photographs 👍
In the spirit of the thread I would love to see perhaps just a bit of the narrative behind some of the spectacular shots from your own personal experience … narratives that will help us connect with the photographer and relate a bit to what you experienced …. And photos of traditional knives of course 😊

So this morning I “ tried” to set sail 😊 … except that there was no wind 😏
So I motored on. Then it got REALLY HOT 🥵… and my phone died and would not take a charge .
3/4 of the way to Perth I came upon a bridge that Serena’s mast would not clear by a couple feet 😔

So I went to a nearby Marina and called my wife with their phone.

We decided to I should backtrack and we would meet at Murphys Point Provincial Park.

On the way back the wind picked up and I did get to sail a bit 😊⛵

We had a lovely family reunion lol with Diana, my daughter and my in-laws 😊

It turned out that I had a defective charging cable 🤨😄

Now is time to relax with some yerba mate infusion and my trusty Victorinox Camping knife

WuP5Kcy.jpg

My beautiful rescuer 😊
tbjq2p1.jpg

Another sunset, another day 🌅
DyIIF1R.jpg

Back