Ahem. Look up you oinking bastards.

I think it's a good idea. I especially like the link straight from this forum to the sale forum, it's like the "INFI express way".

A question - with the new Busse brands for sale sub-forum, what will happen to those mixed sales, say a Busse and a Spyderco for example, will the post appear in both forums, or will the poster be required to break it into two separate posts, one on the Busse For Sale sub-forum, and one up a level on the Production Knives For Sale forum ??

Spark actually answered this on Service and Support. You can read his response by following this link http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4593031&postcount=26

I hope this helps

:D:D

Spark's comment from the Service and Support forum:

"The Busse For Sale area is for Busses ONLY. If you are selling multiple knives in a post, it can go in the General production section..."

Does this mean we should still search for Busse's in the General forum as they could be listed there as long as they are for sale listed with other brands ?

I think this requires further clarification, but all-in-all I think concentrating everything Busse in one sub-forum is a great idea !

I would probably just drop the Busse (and other Wauseon blades) in the Busse sub and the others in the main For Sale. Honestly, keeping the sales in the "family" first avoids a lot of buyer headaches... not that I really sell much at all. I can't seem to bring myself to get rid of 'em.

nice avitar paddle! just what kind of badger is that? :confused:

I don't know but it isn't trained as well as this one...

chipdog.jpg

Spark's comment from the Service and Support forum:

"The Busse For Sale area is for Busses ONLY. If you are selling multiple knives in a post, it can go in the General production section..."

Does this mean we should still search for Busse's in the General forum as they could be listed there as long as they are for sale listed with other brands ?

I think this requires further clarification, but all-in-all I think concentrating everything Busse in one sub-forum is a great idea !

Well, all production knives I sell will end up in the production section. This includes Busse, etc. I can think of only one time I listed strictly Busse knives in a thread. I have sold people their first Busse or Swamp Rat knives in the production section of the exchange, and I bought my first Busse there. I will continue to sell my knives where they get the most exposure. it will also be easier for me to manage a single thread. So spark is right, this change will not affect my threads.

The only change I forsee is now I will not see what those who sell in the new area have up for grabs. I like a variety of threads. HOMOgeneous forums sorted by single brands don't appeal to me. It would be fine if I was looking for a certain knife, but then I am not flummoxed by the search feature like some people, so that would not be a problem for me in any case, and would still not require me to visit extra forums.

I apologize for my tone earlier... all I'm asking is that you guys give this a decent shot and if you guys say it sucks 1 month from now, I'll get rid of it. AFAIK, this has all the requirements for success though: sustainable traffic, customer demand, and active participation, so why not try it.

Thought I'd through in my 2 cents.:D I don't really care for having a separate Busse "For Sale" forum, as this will cut back on the number of potential buyers. I think it would be a much better idea to separate the "For Sale" area by folders and fixed blades as mentioned in this thread, http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=472587. This would cut down on the clutter without alienating any groups.:thumbup:

I apologize for my tone earlier... all I'm asking is that you guys give this a decent shot and if you guys say it sucks 1 month from now, I'll get rid of it. AFAIK, this has all the requirements for success though: sustainable traffic, customer demand, and active participation, so why not try it.

Did you have a couple of glasses of wine with dinner?:)

You can't get much more fair and reasonable than that.

Back