Ahem. Look up you oinking bastards.

I can see chatter being a problem if people don't show some restraint. I am not a big post builder and don't tend to chime in at every opportunity. I can see where you are coming from I suppose. I guess the same goes for restraint in bumping FS threads though too. If people are not going to be cool about it I guess rules have to be thrown down. I just didn't see problems worthy of spamming a moderator about. I didn't then and I don't now. I have posted on recent changes because the changes they seemed to come from nowhere. But obviously there were those who were so "harmed" by conditions in the Exchange things had to change. I can't relate to where those people are coming from.

Then again, I just lived through the winter in a house with no heat so I don't let a lot of things bother me.

I was making a joke on the bold type, no need for you to do anything. (my jokes are not always very good ;) )

I only made Swamp Rat bold because they are obviously the better brand. ;)
I was being facetious since I put Swamp Rat as Swamprat initially. And forgot Scrapyard altogether from the link. :foot:

This is actually a very good point. Let's say some one is selling a super limited SFNO variant! And I quickly want to get some feedback on it before I nab it. What to do? What to do?

Mr. Lawson,

You swoop in, buy it, take receipt of it, and post pics bragging about it. That's what you do. Anything less puts you in risk of losing it to a StealthHog. Now, if it's a super limited Steelheart variant, you send a PM to alert Eric of its existence and if he doesn't buy it, you procede as previously mentioned.

Guyon: See the rules in the For Sale Forums. Asking for more information is A-OK. Saying "Oooooooooh nice knife, droooooooooool" or the like is not. If you want to discuss a knife after it's sale, feel free; just not in the for sale forum. The For Sale forums are for SELLING not CHATTING ;)

Good deal. So questions about historical issues, production numbers, construction materials and the like are all in the black, I take it.

If the seller doesn't know, I assume we could take this kind of discussion to the proper forum. Sometimes, it's a matter of a prospective buyer trying to get more info before laying down a significant amount of cash.

One of our own has moved from red to blue (a super step up in Johny Walker Land) and we now have our own sales subforum. If that's not happy dance material, nothing is.

you exhibiting the same behavior I just warned against..

You warned against? LOL. Please explain to us all then how we're supposed to express dissapproval or dissent then if all you're willing to hear is praise. Please, enlighten the suppossed minority who are not happy about this.

You have entirely ignored the 4 polls that were taken recently that overwhelmingly dissapproved, created this forum out of nowhere, and waited over 2 hours to make a comment on it. Then you start off talking down to the folks here about the negative reactions. I don't have anything constructive, Spark. Sorry. I'm not at all happy about this, and I'm going to wallk away before I say anything more I might regret.

FTR, I love this place. My experience here has been nothing but great. I'm going to go mediate with my Crash Rat for a bit.

Mr. Lawson,

You swoop in, buy it, take receipt of it, and post pics bragging about it. That's what you do. Anything less puts you in risk of losing it to a StealthHog. Now, if it's a super limited Steelheart variant, you send a PM to alert Eric of its existence and if he doesn't buy it, you procede as previously mentioned.

Words of wisdom Thom. Hey, you aren't a StealthHog by any chance are you? :p

Damn the Man - Yeah, because imagine that, I don't base my business decisions on polls; otherwise there'd be no paying memberships here at all, and no BFC. Busse Knives would also give away all their products, Swamp Rat would give away free strippers with each order, and Scrapyard would be handing out new cars.

I also don't base my decisions on people who can't understand the concept "constructive criticism". If pointing out that whining, ranting, and rejecting this forum out of hand is "talking down" then I'm guilty as charged. Otherwise, I still see plenty of support for this in this very thread and not very many actual valid, reasonable complaints

Otherwise, you still need to provide your credit card number so I can credit you back and remove your gold membership.

Good deal. So questions about historical issues, production numbers, construction materials and the like are all in the black, I take it.

If the seller doesn't know, I assume we could take this kind of discussion to the proper forum. Sometimes, it's a matter of a prospective buyer trying to get more info before laying down a significant amount of cash.

Exactly - if you see a thread in the For Sale area and need more specific info on it, you ask the seller. Better informed customers = happier customers. If the seller doesn't know, you ask in the specific forum for that product (not the sale area).

Hey, you aren't a StealthHog by any chance are you?

With two CG FBMs in possession and two pieces of INFI which left the house for retail or less, I must be very stealthy. Just a cheezer with a weird craving for dark brown Teflon-based coatings.

:eek: I've been gone off and on for the last coupla months and am surprised at this. Am I the only one:confused: did something happen that I missed by my absence? :confused:

I don't think you missed much. The Busse community has been growing which I think is a good thing. People in the Exchange didn't get those warm fuzzy feelings when that forum became like the NYSE for Busse's being traded (the Game Warden series coming out in small bursts probably contributed to the noise) and people were groaning about pushing us into having our own exchange for Busse family products. We just got our own Exchange today and people are getting used to it.

edited to add for Mushroom > The change caught some by surprise because we polled against the change. Most wanted to be able to find other knives while they were shopping for Busse's but the noise from outside our community was apparently compelling. It's a good arrangement though. Our greatest reservation was that we would at least want a moderator from our community to be involved and we got that in Eric "The Bully" Isaacson. ;)

Thanks for the offer Sparks. I wish I had left that out of this discussion. I apologize, and wish I could take back having said that I want my $ back. It's not really the issue, and I don't want to leave. This "discussion" was over before it started; we've had no say in it. It has felt from the start like you don't really care about what the Hogs did or didn't have to say about it. I know you don't "have" to care, but I'm just surprise you don't.

BTW, as far as the yeys or nays go, most people haven't even gotten home from work yet, but then however they feel about it better be a yey, right? :D

I've never once clicked into the Buck forum. I imagine many new people here will never click on the Busse, and that's the main concern I have. At least 5 or 6 of the knives I've sold lately have been to first time owners. That's going to just dry up.

You know, it's posts from certain users like what I'm reading above that really make me feel great about keeping this site open. Really. Because, here I think I'm doing you guys a solid, and what I get in response is some serious shit talking and generally boorish behavior from certain individuals, without even giving me the courtesy of a rational dialogue.

I want you guys to take a few minutes and examine this format. I'm going to lay out a couple things for you:
  • All the Busse for sale posts are concentrated in one area - so anyone looking for a Busse product only has to go there, instead of browsing through multiple pages of other stuff.
  • You have a direct link to the Busse Forum from this very forum - so it's just a matter of clicking and scrolling as someone put it.
  • If this doesn't work, I can make the forum go away again! OMG SPARK TELL ME IT'S TRUE!!!! That's right, it is! With the miracle of mass moving threads, if this subforum doesn't work out, I can move everything back into the regular For Sale forum. Holy Smokes!
  • I don't have to listen to complaints from non-busse sellers. Not hearing complaints makes me happy. Really, who likes whiny babies?

Hey, I'm sure there are other valid reasons as well, but WTF, why should anyone listen to me. After all, I don't own this place, and I have a track record of just ignoring everyone when they give me constructive criticism right? Oh wait, I do own this place, and I don't ignore constructive criticism.

So, hear me now: If you have a valid criticism I want to hear about it in a productive manner. I see plenty of posts in this thread of people who like the new format, and I see plenty who are rejecting it without giving it a chance. For those who will reject it, I'm not going to beg or cajole you to try this out, you are adults. But the ranting is going to stop.

As much as many do not agree. I have to agree with Spark here. Busse/Swamp/Scrap just completely dominate the sales forum. moving it will have a couple of advantages. All those knives will be now concentrated in one place as they were before except now we can go to the main sale forum and find other types of knives, folders etc, without having to scrll through 20 pages of new postings every day.

I say go for it. :thumbup:

Thanks, Dunner for the info. This move seems sudden to me?? Now I'll watch and see what happens.

I was being facetious since I put Swamp Rat as Swamprat initially. And forgot Scrapyard altogether from the link. :foot:

There's a difference?:D

[OK -- it was just my turn to display awkward humor. Of which, I have an enormous bag-ful. If not allowed to share said humor occasionally, I get into REALLY awkward situations at work.]

Back