Ahem. Look up you oinking bastards.

You know, it's posts from certain users like what I'm reading above that really make me feel great about keeping this site open. Really. Because, here I think I'm doing you guys a solid, and what I get in response is some serious shit talking and generally boorish behavior from certain individuals, without even giving me the courtesy of a rational dialogue.

I want you guys to take a few minutes and examine this format. I'm going to lay out a couple things for you:
  • All the Busse for sale posts are concentrated in one area - so anyone looking for a Busse product only has to go there, instead of browsing through multiple pages of other stuff.
  • You have a direct link to the Busse Forum from this very forum - so it's just a matter of clicking and scrolling as someone put it.
  • If this doesn't work, I can make the forum go away again! OMG SPARK TELL ME IT'S TRUE!!!! That's right, it is! With the miracle of mass moving threads, if this subforum doesn't work out, I can move everything back into the regular For Sale forum. Holy Smokes!
  • I don't have to listen to complaints from non-busse sellers. Not hearing complaints makes me happy. Really, who likes whiny babies?

Hey, I'm sure there are other valid reasons as well, but WTF, why should anyone listen to me. After all, I don't own this place, and I have a track record of just ignoring everyone when they give me constructive criticism right? Oh wait, I do own this place, and I don't ignore constructive criticism.

So, hear me now: If you have a valid criticism I want to hear about it in a productive manner. I see plenty of posts in this thread of people who like the new format, and I see plenty who are rejecting it without giving it a chance. For those who will reject it, I'm not going to beg or cajole you to try this out, you are adults. But the ranting is going to stop.

Spark, I was one who originally didn't want a seperate forum, but since voicing that opinion, I think it is for the best and I certainly will like not having to look at other stuff I am not interested in. I do think it should be given a fair chance by all for proper evaluation. As far as i am concerned, it's your house and you make the rules.

I've never once clicked into the Buck forum. I imagine many new people here will never click on the Busse, and that's the main concern I have. At least 5 or 6 of the knives I've sold lately have been to first time owners. That's going to just dry up.

I can see why you might be concerned, but my prediction is that Busses will sell even faster now. People won't be distracted by other threads or overlook new offerings as easily. In other words if you want a specific Busse you'd better be even better at paying attention than you used to.

I think the average BFC customer will regard this as an elevation in Busses status, not a diminishment; its own high rent district, not a ghetto.

I've never once clicked into the Buck forum. I imagine many new people here will never click on the Busse, and that's the main concern I have. At least 5 or 6 of the knives I've sold lately have been to first time owners. That's going to just dry up.

I thought the same at first, but as I consider it, I don't think it will dry up like we had first thought. There is enough buzz here about Busse knives and in the other families that I think plenty of new blood will come this way. Like Spark said, if in time it is showing that it doesn't work, then it can be altered.

I thought the same at first, but as I consider it, I don't think it will dry up like we had first thought. There is enough buzz here about Busse knives and in the other families that I think plenty of new blood will come this way. Like Spark said, if in time it is showing that it doesn't work, then it can be altered.

Don_t_worry_be_happy_Doran_Chiara__2098917.jpg

Spark, I just wanted to add that I love the new sub-forum. Thanks!!! :thumbup:

NO REGRETS!

∞

I would like to get in on the stripper offer, but I'd like to change the default shipping address to my work address... at least till she arrives.

I have my own opinion, but that, I will keep to myself.

I would just llike to know if the Boss gives a:thumbup: or :thumbdn: .

I was impressed that Spark mentioned being able to reset things to the way they were if this doesn't work out.

It kind of looks like a free trial period to me.

We should all be objective and reserve judgment untill we have more information, as in hands on exprerience with the new system in place.

i think its a great idea,we all look at othe knives on the other forums.it make it nice and easy to zero in the brands your looking for.i'm sure this just didin't happen.it took a lot of work to move all the threads over to the new forum.great job guys

I like the new forum, but shouldn't someone give Spark an infraction for language? It is a family forum after all.;) :D

I'm not serious about the infraction thing in case someone has no sense of humor.:D

I vote thumbs up for the separate forum. Its about time.
Your house Spark, run it as you see fit.

A question - with the new Busse brands for sale sub-forum, what will happen to those mixed sales, say a Busse and a Spyderco for example, will the post appear in both forums, or will the poster be required to break it into two separate posts, one on the Busse For Sale sub-forum, and one up a level on the Production Knives For Sale forum ??

Back