• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Another scammer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
33984301n.jpg

33984302n.jpg

http://io.ua/33984303n.jpg

33984303n.jpg

33984304n.jpg

33984305n.jpg

http://io.ua/33984306n.jpg

33984306n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Say what you will about how the OP conducted himself in the last thread, his grasp of the English language (or lack thereof), but these screenshots he's posted seem to be pretty clear evidence that knifehunt established email contact with Wolfsnagel, even though for some reason he clearly stated he'd never heard of this guy or had contact with him in the past. That, combined with his childish threats of leaving the forum if Wolfsnagel wasn't banned by his established timeline, seems to point to some pretty nefarious stuff going on here, and not on Wolfsnagel's end.

I'd like to see knifehunt come back to this thread and give his side of the story, but I have a nasty feeling that isn't going to happen.

It's always baffling when seemingly upstanding forum members go off the deep end (jdavis882 and smokeeater908 come to mind) over one knife deal.

I think Wolfsnagel got scammed here. Either that, or the screenshots are totally faked and I've been bamboozled.

Last edited:
I think Wolfsnagel got scammed here. Either that, or the screenshots are totally faked and I've been bamboozled.

I will say this, there are some similarities in word usage and sentence structure between wolfguy and knifehunt.
I've had some email correspondence with knifehunt in the past and I seem to recall his grammar and sentence structure to be on point.
This gets weirder by the post.

Edit to add: I still think wolfguy is on the up, just think the grammar is a bit off.

Last edited:
I know if I had been wrongfully accused of something like this, I would not leave this forum on my own free will until my name was cleared. I would also want to know why a random person would go to such great lengths to specifically target me with such an accusation.

I believe it's time for Knifehunt to do some talking or let his silence speak for itself.

Check the grammar on the emails supposedly from knifehunt. Pretty similar to Wolfsnagel.

Hmm... The real question is why hasn't knifehunt acted like the innocent person he says he is?

Grammer aside, it baffles me why a guy would act so bizzare if he wasn't lying about something. The most revealing part of this entire ordeal is knifehunts behavior and lack there of.

Knifehunt, man I feel like everyone has withheld judgement despite your behavior and I still think you can just come out and say the truth. If wolfsnagel is fabricating these emails why not be here to refute them in a calm manner?

Real bummer when an upstanding member goes freaking bonkers out of no where.

Half of the emails from Mike have decent English. The other half from "Mike" were obviously written by someone who has trouble speaking English.

I'm not saying the OP is doing anything malicously, but there is clearly a question as to the the authenticity of "Mike's" emails.

Sorry, I can`t help in grammar. You know the details of the English better than I do, because you are the owners of this language. I do not know your language thoroughly and therefore do not see any difference.

Check the grammar on the emails supposedly from knifehunt. Pretty similar to Wolfsnagel.

Half of the emails from Mike have decent English. The other half from "Mike" were obviously written by someone who has trouble speaking English.

I'm not saying the OP is doing anything malicously, but there is clearly a question as to the the authenticity of "Mike's" emails.

I noticed that too.

It is actually pretty common to try and adapt one's speech to be similar to a non native English speaker's speech when communicating with them. Living in Germany, I catch myself doing this a lot, both with text and speech, when communicating with Germans who don't speak English very well. I did the same thing with Afghans in Afghanistan. It's almost an automatic process. I'm sure there's a word for the phenomenon.

I noticed that too.

It is actually pretty common to try and adapt one's speech to be similar to a non native English speaker's speech when communicating with them. Living in Germany, I catch myself doing this a lot, both with text and speech, when communicating with Germans who don't speak English very well. I did the same thing with Afghans in Afghanistan. It's almost an automatic process. I'm sure there's a word for the phenomenon.

Very true.
Knifehunt should at least post here again.

I have dealt with overseas shipping to Wolfsnagel's region before and it does take a very long time. Six to 10 weeks would not be out of the ordinary. As for the authenticity of the emails, it seems like it would be a great deal of effort to fabricate such emails. Grammar aside, Wolfsnagel has presented a great deal of evidence that clearly shows a deal being reached. If Wolfsnagel were being scammed by some other person using Knifehunt's username and email, why would this other person have the knife sent to what appears to be Knifehunt's address rather than one where the imposter could pick it up? It just doesn't make sense from that perspective. I think Knifehunt really needs to come back to the table and present his side of things.

The terms of shipping depends from delivery-service (carrier). It maybe from 2 weeks to 4-5 weeks, if country of departure far from.
Terms of shipping from US 2-4 weeks.

I was wondering about the emails myself.
"Michael" asks "When do you like to mail?" instead of When WOULD you like to mail?
I could very easily imagine a non-English speaking person making that mistake, but not a native speaker.

'Doesn't mean anything in a court of law, but it could lead this somewhere.

Hey wolfsnagle, how about you open the emails again, and hover over Michael's name, then screenshot it?
The pop-up will show the actual email address they came from.
More evidence to point to what really happened here.

You could also forward the whole group of emails to a moderator for review...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back