Antique New York Knife Company Knives and Company History

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an incredible piece Mike! Noticing that it lacks the Hammer Brand stamp so it may be pre 1882 making it a very old one! The incredible pic bone is another clue to its age. That one's the cream of the crop in that group amigo!

Eric

Mike- creme de la creme !! Absolutely amazing. I cant imagine ever being able to come across such Knives - and it's so great to be able to view them so a massive thank you for sharing these Mike.

Charlie, I am sure there would be a queue for that HJ, Anyone of us would desperately try to be in front -just stunning! The same goes to you Charlie- thank you for sharing your stunners - we are very lucky here.

Thanks again guys for the comments.

Here is the next one from the group, it's 3 3/4" closed. Again I have never seen a NYK deep stamped on the blade STAINLESS STEEL! There was an article in the Feb KnifeMag about NYK and there was a pearl pen knife shown with that deep stamp on the blade. Attached is part of the article. The back tangs of 2 blades are also marked Stainless. Pretty cool knife.IMG_0337.jpgIMG_0338.jpgIMG_2489.jpg

Noticing that it lacks the Hammer Brand stamp so it may be pre 1882 making it a very old one! The incredible pic bone is another clue to its age. That one's the cream of the crop in that group amigo!
Ah!! Didn't see that before, Eric!! Wow!!!

Come clean, Mike, you either won the lottery or held someone up at gunpoint to get all these wonders. And now you say the best is still to come?
Oh my, my . . .

Thanks guys!!
Here is the last one from the group of 7 that I was able to get and a picture of all of them in the display case. Knife is 3 3/4" closed and has INK!!! Always love the etch and ink. This is my favorite of the 7!! No brass on the knife, nickel silver liners and pins.IMG_0387.jpgIMG_0388.jpgIMG_0389.jpgIMG_3378.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back