1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Any Winkler fans?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by rpn, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Boru13

Boru13 Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Apr 25, 2000
    I believe Winkler supplies the blade and handle material, supposed to be a select group of individuals according to Case that does the rest.

evltcat, Danke42 and MarkN86 like this.
  2. Boru13

Apr 25, 2000
    They remind me of Randall Made Knives, you could buy 5 of the same model and all will have slight variations because of the handwork involved.

Danke42 likes this.
  3. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
    @Boru13 what’s your favorite handle material so far? I’m usually partial to micarta, but that rubber handle is calling to me here. And the sculpted variants are all lookers...

Does anyone regret choosing rubber for any reason?

4. R2E2

R2E2 Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jul 8, 2020
    Curly Maple is my favorite. I’ve got a Pathfinder, Highland Hunter, and a Woodsman. All in Curly Maple.

mb> likes this.
  5. Boru13

Apr 25, 2000
    No regrets here... of the three Belt knives I have the rubber is my favorite followed by the sculpted Maple and then the sculpted Micarta.
    [​IMG]

mb> and Danke42 like this.
  6. JokersFaceLifter

JokersFaceLifter

Jan 6, 2016
    i absolutely love their useful knife shapes, very practical, however its in the wrong steel for me, bummer, lovely knives though, but that price though...:eek:

7. Pr3inar

Pr3inar

Oct 17, 2015
    Got it today
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. XtianAus

XtianAus Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2016
    Seem like nice, solid knives.
    Does he work with any stainless steels as well?

9. Daniel L

Daniel L

Nov 2, 1998
    Congrats! You are so lucky, you have a pointy one! Seems they have made a slight tweak to the design.

10. Pr3inar

Pr3inar

Oct 17, 2015
    very pointy! And å good upsweep on the spine too!