April 2022 Buck of the Month - 112 S35VN 50th Blade Etch Marble Carbon Fiber Inlays

The brushed NS is nice the carbon fiber doesn't really move me and I have 2 112's with S35VN so I won't be getting one
just not special enough for me.But I can see why they are selling.

I finally pulled the trigger on one after debating with myself most of the day, as it's pretty close in appearance to the 112 Pro I picked up last month. But the deciding factor for me was that I don't have a 112 in S35VN yet.

Plus... I just got my monthly cable bill after cutting the cable TV cord and going internet only.... they owe me money, so thank you Comcast for helping to finance
this. :)

I hope the marble carbon fiber looks better than the pics, Buck needs to spend some of the $$$ they are dragging in with the BOTM's and get a decent
photographer for crying out loud.

I also agree with what's been said about the declining exclusivity of the BOTM as the number increases... with this 750 number, it feels like its in the realm of a "Web Exclusive", and the BOTM is starting to lose it's uniqueness.

These are going faster than I imagined...

Last edited:
Wow, those are going fast. I actually like the higher numbers that Buck has been doing for BOTM's. I've only bought a couple, but it's nice not going through the lolly scramble associated with buying a GEC on the drop.

I'm really on the fence this month. I passed on the 2021 Legacy 55 because I'm not really into marbled CF. It's nice, but... not quite what I want (January's BOTM hit it out of the park for me and is in my pocket now). It looks like I won't have that long to make a decision.

It was priced at the maximum I would have paid but was different enough I figured why not? A S35VN version of the 50th anniversary 112's is the way I looked at it too. I knew Buck would make a few nice ones this year and I bet we will see one or two more. I'm still looking for a S45VN drop point!

I went ahead and ordered one!

I didn't really "cave" on this one. There were several reasons to pass on this one including: I have spent too much on knives and hobbies recently, I just bought a new set of tires (a necessity), and I recently bought three different 112s - joining an older one already in my collection.

On the other hand, I do like 112s in general and really like this configuration. In the end, I decided that if I passed on this one, in the future, it would be a BOTM that I really regretted not getting.

Okay, I did cave a little. I held strong on passing on T-shirts and accessories with the free shipping level met. However, I did end up throwing a gray 112 Slim Select in my cart also. This will make a total of six 112s for me: These two, a Drop Point, a Finger Grooved version, a Sport, and an older (circa 2006?) one.

Last edited:
Lots of the Gold etched 110's from the 80's and early 90's are limited runs anywhere from 75-2,500, with most falling in the 500-1500 range and some of those that had over 1000 made can be really tough to find.........

Look, if you are going to use facts as a counterpoint to my rants, then clearly I need to rant LOUDER ! A lot of vocal noise always beats the facts, especially in todays world : )

Some of those gold etched beauties are on my want list. Of course, Limited Edition of 500 or less : )

Has anyone that lives close to the factory received theirs yet? I know it'd be pretty quick turn around, just thought I'd ask. I'm always curious for pictures, but also for the date they were built. Don't know why, but I always love to check out that date when I get a new Buck and see if it matches up with any meaningful dates for me or my family.
I haven't ordered this one yet. Still on the fence.

Surprisingly mine showed up today. Not bad from ID to AZ.

Feels great in hand and super sharp. Still having a hard time with the laser etch "50" on tang.

aRdlglD.jpg

Has anyone that lives close to the factory received theirs yet? I know it'd be pretty quick turn around, just thought I'd ask. I'm always curious for pictures, but also for the date they were built. Don't know why, but I always love to check out that date when I get a new Buck and see if it matches up with any meaningful dates for me or my family.
I haven't ordered this one yet. Still on the fence.

94 left right now. They were disappearing very fast at first. 750 knives are a lot to start with.

Mine arrived too in NC. Looks better than I expected. The polished nickel and carbon fiber really shines in the sunlight. Nice sheath also Now the question is....use it or keep it pristine? What's everyone else going to do theirs?

Last edited:
Back