Arkansas Custom Knife Show 2012-Show Us what you Got

Shop's dried in with the roof sewed up and ready for weather. I'm makin knives till after the show and will be back on it.

Greg, you got it. It's an integral. The guard and blade are one piece of 5160. Here it is in mid construction. Just after heat treat and I knocked the soot off. Lots of filing, no milling at all. Thanks for indulging me.

6726865721_c57c0b581b_z.jpg

Very nice little integral hunter, the first thing I noticed was the different name etch, I figured with how elaborate your Subhilts are the integral would have been done in the past...good to see you always changing it up and mastering different processes.'

Like the Subhilt.....you have done it before but never hurts to do it again..."practice makes perfect"....or even more perfecter in this case ;)

Jeff

Last edited:
Hey, Lin, looks awesome.

I'll have the koa integral (W2) I did a while back and a new stag one in 52100. I'm hoping to do another one as well.
The top two pics are the same knife--phone pics, so they're small.

Tad

intstag.jpg

intstag2.jpg

DSC_2228.jpg

Lin,

That's even more impressive that you didn't mill anything. ;)If I had attempted forging this, I can't imagine the filling necessary. I look forward to seeing it in Little Rock. BTW: That's a nice hamon for 5160 as well. Well done!

Gary

Oh yeah, I will have the subhilt and a couple of other knives as well. I'll post some more pics when I can.

Here's another angle of the subhilt:

DSC_2272.jpg

I finally got the sheath done for the Persian that I have been working on. :) Glad to put a period on this one:

khanjarfinished1.jpg

khanjarfinished2.jpg

My first attempt at a wooden sheath w/metal (blackwood & sterling). I learned a lot on this one. :) I believe that next time I will use nickel silver rather than sterling.

Gary

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I will have the subhilt and a couple of other knives as well. I'll post some more pics when I can.

Here's another angle of the subhilt:

DSC_2272.jpg

Let me add my "WELL DONE!" That is a very nice innovation to a sub-hilt. :) It makes me think of a trigger.

Looking forward to seeing this beauty first hand.

Gary

Really wish I were able to attend....good knives, good people what more can you ask for??

Jeff

Raymond, those are really cool....the koa wood handle being match with the monolith type tiki heads carved on the sheaths...really hits the pacific island theme you appear to be executing so well!!

Jeff

Raymond, those are really cool....the koa wood handle being match with the monolith type tiki heads carved on the sheaths...really hits the pacific island theme you appear to be executing so well!!

Jeff

Jeff, I never looked at it that way with the koa. Thanks for pointing that out!

Ray, you're going to make it hard on the collectors trying to decide which one to buy ;)

Love those little damascus numbers Ray.

Work re-scheduling has sunk my show plans - had a case continued for the Friday of the show and can't get a flight for early enough Saturday to matter.

I am BEGGING you lucky dogs who are going to take some pics for the rest of us.

Roger

Love those little damascus numbers Ray.

Work re-scheduling has sunk my show plans - had a case continued for the Friday of the show and can't get a flight for early enough Saturday to matter.

I am BEGGING you lucky dogs who are going to take some pics for the rest of us.

Roger

Roger, So your saying you won't be able to make it? I was hoping to finally meet you. I'll see if I can remember to bring a camera and to also use it.

I am bummed out in a big way - this and Blade are my abolute favourite shows. But enough weeping from me - keep posting up those great knives gents - I'm sorry I won't get to see them in person, but I'll enjoy the heck out of the preview and hope to see lots of pics from the show itself.

Roger

Ok Roger, take this to the Judge:

Dear Judge ________:

Roger has our permission to continue his case to a date not in conflict with the Arkansas Custom Knife Show.

Sincerely,

Roger's Friends

Will that work?

I am bummed out in a big way - this and Blade are my abolute favourite shows. But enough weeping from me - keep posting up those great knives gents - I'm sorry I won't get to see them in person, but I'll enjoy the heck out of the preview and hope to see lots of pics from the show itself.

Roger

Back