Arkansas Custom Knife Show 2012-Show Us what you Got

I've seen people try to get out of jury duty on shakier grounds than that. :)

Appreciate the sentiment.

Roger

Nice knives everyone! Really looking forward to the show. I better go get back out in the shop. :D

Geez Roger, I thought we were finially going to meet. Cant you just call in sick like other people?

Roger, sorry you will be unable to attend. Looks to be a good weather weekend for travel, considering this area has dodged winter this year. Look forward to seeing other BF'ers there. Always a great show.

- Joe

Love those little damascus numbers Ray.

Work re-scheduling has sunk my show plans - had a case continued for the Friday of the show and can't get a flight for early enough Saturday to matter.

I am BEGGING you lucky dogs who are going to take some pics for the rest of us.

Roger

I didn't think Canadians worked on Friday...:confused: ;)

Sorry to hear ya can't make it, man. See ya at Blade then!

Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it Roger, we were looking forward to seeing you. Guess we will have to wait until Blade. You definitely do not want to make a judge mad at you. You will be missed. Well here is a mostly finished persian for our forum member. It will be at the show. Just some W-2, stainless, bronze, and ironwood. That handle was some kind of fun. I have never done that type of handle before, but it is nice to know that I can do one now. I will have a few more, still madly working as usual.
I look forward to seeing everyone.
Brion

persianR2.JPG

That's really Nice Brion and it's also nice to get back on our topic of Arkansas bound Knives.

persianR2.jpg

I enlarged it a little, hope you don't mind.

Last edited:
Jerry's latest Arkansas piece.
Game Master model, W pattern Damascus blade. Stainless guard, engraved guard and pins and fossil Walrus ivory.

Ark_2012_GM_Bivory.jpg

Roger- I always enjoy talking with you, I'm sorry to hear you can't make it.

Brion - Very nice, its those first time challenges that keep you awake in the shop. ;):D

Ray - Those are really cool but I sure hope your not bringing some kind of voodoo type knives with you, I have enough problems without worring about witchery next to me in Little Rock. :D:D

Bill

Thank you Bill - I always enjoy chatting with you and your wife, and of course, checking out your terrific knives. I'll have to catch up with everyone at Blade.

Here's one I came across on Chuck's site, and some info by the maker, Ron Newton:

"Yes it’s one of 3 damascus integrals I built for the Arkansas Show. This one’s a Loveless New York special that I dressed up a little. W ladder pattern keyhole integral with ebony and black lip pearl handle and a little engraving and gold."

orig.jpg

Man, what a knife - can't wait to see the other two!

Roger

Great stuff everybody. I haven't had time to do anything other than make knives the last week or so. My hands may never recover.

Roger.. That's a disappointment. What rotten luck!

That Newton knife is interesting - a Loveless design done in a Sfreddo style. Quite the combination of influences there. Came out really cool I think

Great stuff everybody. I haven't had time to do anything other than make knives the last week or so. My hands may never recover.

Let's see some pics! Taking photos isn't so hard on the hands. I'm sending Danbo to your table to coon-finger that big camp knife and give me his thoughts.

That Newton knife is interesting - a Loveless design done in a Sfreddo style. Quite the combination of influences there. Came out really cool I think

Agreed - a successful fusion of design themes, capped off by a decidedly Newton-esque pearl inlay.

Roger

Back