Arkansas Custom Knife Show 2012-Show Us what you Got

I have a big project finally finished and will bring it also. NFS but here is "The Hideout Bowie"

012-3.jpg

001-2.jpg

006-5.jpg

008-4.jpg

Another WOW, Bruce. Glad you will have it along with you this weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing it up close.

Gary

Cool piece Bruce. I can see this one taking home the best bowie award! Looks like you have stepped up to the plate as well.

Hey Bruce, you should enter that into both Best Bowie and Best Folder categories :D Take 'em both home :D

Bruce that is so Dam cool and I love the steel it works very well with that knife its a new take on a knife in a knife

Bruce another stellar effort for sure! I cannot wait to see this one at the show. I know the new owner is stoked! ;)

Jon

Wow Bruce! Fantastic innovation! I like it. I've been wanting to meet you for a few years now so it's going to be awesome to finally do so at the show. :D Nice looking knife. :)

Hey Roger,
I'm really sorry you won't be coming to the show this year. :( It's not going to be the same without you. Are you going to be able to come to the Blade show as far as you know this year?

Not that it takes a genius mind you, but the moment I saw Bruce's bowie I had a good guess as to the owner. ;)

Kyle - thanks - I do hope to make Blade, but man, there's only one Little Rock!

Roger

I hope you all are doing good! :D

Here are some pictures of a bowie I just finished up for the show. The Blade is 11 1/4 inches long and is forged from 1080 and 15N20. The blade damascus pattern is a mosaic core with twisted mosaic damascus bars surrounding it. The handle scales are pre-ban elephant ivory and they have been cross hatched with a beaded checkering tool to make it look like there are two parallel grooves with a rounded ridge in the middle. There are also six domed "dog bone bowie" style pins in the handle made of German silver (this is the first time I've done the dog bone style pins). The clam shell guard has two 18K green gold inlays and the rear bolsters have one 18K green gold inlay as well. The guard, bolsters and pommel nut all have clam shell theme carved into them and they are made of the same mosaic twist damascus that the blade has. The two front spacers that are damascus are grooved and are made of the same mosaic pattern damascus as in the core of the blade. All the damascus fittings have been hardened to give them a darker look and to make them more durable. The frame and middle, front spacer are of mild steel that has been blued and inlayed with pure silver by yours truly. There is also a small blued steel oval in front of the guard with silver inlay. This is the first time I've done inlays that weren't just straight lines, it was a lot of fun but boy o boy was it a lot more work. Caleb is working on the pro shot of this one right now.

I'm really looking forward to the show and seeing many of you there! It's going to be a BLAST! :D

Come by the table and have a closer look this weekend.

IMG_7118-Edit by Kyle Royer, on Flickr

IMG_7118-Edit by Kyle Royer, on Flickr

IMG_7121-Edit by Kyle Royer, on Flickr

IMG_7123-Edit by Kyle Royer, on Flickr

IMG_7124-Edit by Kyle Royer, on Flickr

IMG_7129-Edit by Kyle Royer, on Flickr

IMG_7125-Edit by Kyle Royer, on Flickr

IMG_7132-Edit by Kyle Royer, on Flickr

IMG_7131-Edit by Kyle Royer, on Flickr

IMG_7133-Edit by Kyle Royer, on Flickr

IMG_7134-Edit by Kyle Royer, on Flickr

Kyle,

Your skills just continue to amaze. Very well done! What a beauty! Looking forward to seeing this one.

Gary

That bowie is off the charts Kyle. Such elegance, and such rich detail. Wow.

Roger

Back