• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

ARtsig1?

Yes, good points sir, you are so correct, In fairness just to pass along the supposive good as well as the Bad, ARt states that he is NOT on drugs currently and is enrolled in a healt/rehab program....Certainly NOT making excuses fro him just passing along positive info i was told as well. Personally I have filed PP and CC claims, And directed registered letter with timeframe in which to respond accordingly...IF still not settled, I will then handle as I must from that point on. NOT happily, but will. and yes not just bystanders BUT all repsonses should be polite, NO need for diff. just refunds. please note many other are OUT way more $$$ and for longer than I!
Loandr.

Why is this scum bag still a member of this forum. Oh I forgot the land deal. Yeah right, a chance to make amends. Give me a break, this scum bag is a thief who committed a felony. There are people in jail who did less than
this POS did. I know, he's a long time member and we are trying to help him. I heard that last year. We are all members on a forum that buy, sell and trade knives with each other based on trust. There is no place for a POS scam artist like Art on this forum.

talk about a feeding frenzy. Art's actions are disappointing but so are the words of more than a few of you.

The point of this subforum is to share who you would and would not do business with. this thread exposed Art as a person that i would not deal but it also exposed quite a few others i wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.

The time for "I had a good deal with Art" type posts has past. So I will cut my post short and leave you to ponder one thing I haven't seen mentioned yet.

If Art has a drug addiction and is going in the hole with all these online shady dealings, what kind of "real life" local issues do you think he is going through?? (I.E. owing local drug dealers? loan sharks? utilities shut off? bills unpaid? etc..)

You going to have to picture the worst case scenario for Art and then try to imagine where you would fit in on his agenda for making it right

Mr. Sigmon, I suggest you make a start on paying the people you owe immediately. Sell off some of your knives or whatever you can do to make a start on it now. You can always buy more knives when your land sells -- buying back credibility won't be so easy.

If people start posting they've received payments from you that will make it a lot easier for those you haven't paid yet to be trusting and patient.

I can't see how I could help verify a real estate deal in progress; if I get sent papers I wouldn't know what to make of them. Maybe there's a well-known member everybody trusts who's in the real estate business and could help but I don't know of one.

Esav and Loandr have already said everything else I might want to say....

Cougar Allen said:
Mr. Sigmon, I suggest you make a start on paying the people you owe immediately. Sell off some of your knives or whatever you can do to make a start on it now.

I offered to send him 400.00 for a particular knife, he said the knife was not paid for but was in his possession and that he had several knives that had NOT been paid for. Well if he had accepted my offer he could have paid it off.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you go to jail they don't let you keep your knife collection.

BladeGoblin said:
-

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you go to jail they don't let you keep your knife collection.

No they don't, you have to make your own.

Several knives that have not been paid for and several people that have not received knives they paid for ....Hmmmm. I am out $275 from Art for an AR that was stolen from his truck. Thought I was getting a helluva deal. Turns out it was not me. I wonder if he gets a work paycheck? I would take payments :D I have filed paypal buyer complaint so far

Take this guy's a$$ (no pun intended with the use of money signs :foot: ) to court and get your money back everyone.

Im' sure in time the right thing will be done pete. Unfortunately court dosent always mean $$$, BUT merely a "Judgement by Default " in most cases (where defendant never even shows up) or just a "Judgement"....which in most cases(Both) at this point is probably nothing more than another piece of paper stapled to his Credit bureaus....BUT whats right is right!!!....Claiming a piece of his paycheck...hence "garnishing" his wadges is WAYYYY tougher than it appears and probably wont happen in this senerio, I've been there WAY to many times, and although NOT an attorney I promise I know the procedure well :( BUT I hear ya. And im sure all will do there best...

Loandr.

.45 guy not ignoring you, yours was probably one of the MOST accurate, deadon and proper posts yet! It make this ALL the tougher for those that gave a damm.

You are totaly right, I should have thought it through better before I posted.

I just don't want to see this thief getting away with what he has done and will do if he get's away.

And another thing, Art, you are a lousy thief, however, if you lied about your "misfortunes" or "land deals", you are a lousy, pathetic person (as well as a thief).

I bet I soound like an ass now, but this really pisses me off that good natured people are getting taken advantage of (possibly to feed this guy's addiction).

Then you need to "rethink" your comments in all the posts that you've made in this thread.

Peter La said:
I just don't want to see this thief getting away with what he has done and will do if he get's away.

:rolleyes:

At this point, he's already "gotten away" with the goods ~ what next Perry Mason?

Peter La said:
And another thing, Art, you are a lousy thief, however, if you lied about your "misfortunes" or "land deals", you are a lousy, pathetic person (as well as a thief).

Evidently, not too lousy as a thief. Again, he has goods that were not paid for and he's not behind bars.

He's only lousy and pathetic, "if he's lied about his misfortunes and land deals?" :(

Receiving/taking "thing's" without paying makes a person "lousy and pathetic." Lies compound the situation, something that hasn't been substantiated yet.

Peter La said:
I bet I soound like an ass now, but this really pisses me off that good natured people are getting taken advantage of (possibly to feed this guy's addiction).

There are several threads in GB&U where "good natured people have been taken advantage of," and I've yet to see you beating your chest in those threads.

I do hope that those of you that are personally experiencing an issue(s) with Art get what you are owed. I empathize with ya ! Situations like this can be very frustrating and aggravating !

I did not mean to say a lousy thief, I meant to say, a LOUSY THIEF. Sorry, I was not clear in my wording.

Well, you are right, I have not spoke up like this in the GB&U before, but I had never taken the time to look into the issue. Besides, many things posted here are open to interpretation, this seems like a simple, one sided arguement because the other side has no defence.

I hope everyone gets what is owed to them...and what they deserve.

I stayed away from this thread untill my deal with Art was over. I just got my knife today, as discribed - and I'm very happy with the knife. One of the problems for me was that I payed for the knife on 9/7 and did not receive it untill today 9/19 twelve long days!!! Now usually knife deals that I have done on the differant forums, the knife gets to me in two to three days (max five) after Payment was received. As I used Pay Pal for the transaction it should have gone out that day or the next, as Art needed a quick sale, this is unacceptable in my opinion. I did buy the knife on one of the "other" forums and did not know that Art was having problems untill about 5 days or so back after emailing him and he said that he had not sent it out because " yadda, yadda, excuse -yadda..." I decided to see what action he had lately on the forums and I found this thread. I was shocked! I was just hoping beyond hope that I would see the knife and not go through some long drawn out process to get my money back. Thankfully, he came through for me (although it took a while), as I hope he does for others he has had problems with. I don't know if my recent experiance with Art can help anyone else, but I felt an obligation to let everyone know about it.

Thanks,
Scott

stratocaster said:
I stayed away from this thread untill my deal with Art was over. I just got my knife today, as discribed - and I'm very happy with the knife.

Sure hope he uses the money from this sale to make things right for one of the people he owes. How about it, Art?

if the situation is as bad as it sounds knives may be pretty low on the totem pole, regrettably.

Peter La said:
Sorry, I was not clear in my wording.

Like your clueless recommendations. :rolleyes:

Peter La said:
Besides, many things posted here are open to interpretation. . . .

:rolleyes:

LMAO

Evidently you're not looking very hard !

just wondering... if Art were to post his knife collection for sale to pay off his debt, who would buy them? you all consider him a thief and continue to bash him on the forum then offer him the option of selling off is knives?! seems a little off to me.

You get the knife first, then send payment to one of the offended parties. It's really not that hard.

Exactly. All Art has to do is send a note with the knife as to which person you pay, and he can send those out in order of who he owes the most to or who he owes the longest.

Back