Attention: Buck has Drop Point S30V and 420HC NS bolster 110s and 112s on their site

THAAAANKS....you cost me more $$$. :rolleyes: I have three 110's incoming, two S30V and one 420HC.
I feel your pain. Not only did I get the unanticipated expense of adding some to my collection but I bought even more to send to customizers, which causes even more expense!

Anybody find out if the 110/420hc comes without a nail nick?
I might be wrong but judging by the tang stamp, the one pictured in post #44 above appears to be a 420HC model. The tang appears to be stamped and I believe it would be etched on the S30V model.

These just got here and I love everything about them. It's kind of hard to see, but the wood is pretty unique on each knife. Also, I'm a fan of the nick-less 110. They're both 420HC.

The 110 came with a little extra grime inside, and still doesn't open as smoothly as the 112 after a dish soap/hot water flush. In all fairness, though, it's probably not the best comparison. I think the 112 is the nicest knife I've gotten from Buck. I've had some pretty sweet BOTM's and such, but this one was beautifully finished.

IMG_3212.jpegIMG_3214.jpeg

These just got here and I love everything about them. It's kind of hard to see, but the wood is pretty unique on each knife. Also, I'm a fan of the nick-less 110. They're both 420HC.

The 110 came with a little extra grime inside, and still doesn't open as smoothly as the 112 after a dish soap/hot water flush. In all fairness, though, it's probably not the best comparison. I think the 112 is the nicest knife I've gotten from Buck. I've had some pretty sweet BOTM's and such, but this one was beautifully finished.

View attachment 2191117View attachment 2191118
so no nail nick on the 420hc 110 one, looks like.

btw, they look good.

I just got a bunch of them (112s) and sent several off to customizers. The wood seems better on these. Like darker. Maybe it's just the contrast of the nickel silver. It is almost a shame to replace the scales.

I just got a bunch of them (112s) and sent several off to customizers. The wood seems better on these. Like darker. Maybe it's just the contrast of the nickel silver. It is almost a shame to replace the scales.
I was thinking the same thing, mine has what looks like silver streaks in it. I thought the nickel probably helps pull it out but it's definitely pretty wood.

View attachment 2191117View attachment 2191118
Great photos! That sealed the deal for me, I love no-nick knives. I'm glad I held off on ordering for a couple days so I could think it over. I went for the 110 in 420HC. :)

Edited to add: Dang it, I'm so indecisive. I can't resist the siren song of the S30V! I'll sort out canceling the original order with Buck on Monday. Great knife either way, can't really go wrong.

Last edited:
I just got my four knives...two of the 110 SN S30v drop points, and then two in 420HC; one brass and one SN. I like the lack of the nail groove in those blades...its a cleaner look IMHO. They all seem well put together.

Last edited:
Back