B F Wilderness & Survival Patch order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Coldwood:

Are these patches iron-on? It looks like there's some kind of adhesive or sizing on the back. Maybe I missed that memo. That would make them easier to position before sewing.

No, the patches are not iron-on. I checked with Stadri and what you see is the plastic backing of the patch. Turns out that I could have added the iron-on adesive for free, but I had to especifically request it at the time of the order. I did not know that at the time. Sorry.

I cheated. I sewed at the top and bottom of the patch, then superglued the rest. :D

If you go into a sewing store, you can buy an iron-on fabric version of the adhesive (I use it to attach reinforcing patches when I make my own gear) It's cheap as borscht and will turn any piece of fabric into an iron-on patch. IIRC, brand names are stitch-witchery and speed-sew, but don't quote me.

patches arrived today and they look great! Many thanx to you Preacher for organizing all of this; and now that everything is out in the mail if you haven't done it yet stop breath relax and take a nap you earned it:thumbup:

thewave.gif
thewave.gif

Great Edgar! Mine came today and I am very pleased!

Scott, PM me. You too Brian.

Michael :thumbup::thumbup:

2lk8s9t.jpg

Only thing I would've liked changed on this patch above is: It should've been a yuppie sheeple in a suit, rather than a Boy Scout, on the spit, and it should've had a briefcase leaning against one upright of the spit, and a spilt Starbucks cup on the ground next to the other!:D

Are these patches iron-on? It looks like there's some kind of adhesive or sizing on the back. Maybe I missed that memo. That would make them easier to position before sewing.

Nope, just 'sizing' on the backs; get some 'Barge cement' in a tube and place a dab on the back and stick it to what you're going to sew it on to. it'll dry in an hour or so, then sew it on:thumbup: I do all my patches like this.

I recieved mine too Edgar:thumbup:, sadly no extras:( but that means I now know which ones I want more of:D hopefully Spark or someone else will want to take the reins on getting some more made up in the future. maybe we can make up a few designs every year to entertain ourselves here in WSS!:thumbup:

Nope, just 'sizing' on the backs; get some 'Barge cement' in a tube and place a dab on the back and stick it to what you're going to sew it on to. it'll dry in an hour or so, then sew it on:thumbup: I do all my patches like this.

Ditto, thanks, that's what I usually do. :)

I'm sewing mine onto a couple of those outdoor vests with many pockets; then I'll buy a new ball cap and stick one on there.

The more I look at these the more impressed I am with how nice they came out. :thumbup:

Has anybody tried glueing Velcro on to these patches? Or would the Velcro need to be sewn on, too?
Was curious as I would like to move 'em around from either my pack or my coat... :confused:

Just got my patch from Matt/Grease-man! Plus, he kindly included a patch from his Sheriff's Dept!

Edgar, these patches are outstanding in their quality and clarity. Please pat yourself on the back for a job extremely well-done! YOU made it all happen!

Back in 99, when I suggested we start this forum, I had always been thinking of a patch at some point, but never got around to it. This exceeds my wildest imagination and dreams for a BF W&S patch, so thank you for making it happen! :thumbup:

I agree Excellent job on bringing the patches to life Edgar...Job well done to all who had a part of this !!!!!!

Got my patches last week - They look great! Now I'm considering using this company to make some HuntFlix patches. Hmmmm. :cool:

Hats off to you Preacherman for handling all of the details and getting the patches actually made and distributed.

We should also remember to thank darklight943 for his talented design work. Great job! (BTW, Chris - I owe you a DVD!)

-- FLIX

I got my stack of patches the other day!! Thanks Edgar and all those who helped make this happen. Pretty cool to see one's designs come to life! Again, thanks all!!

-Chris

Sorry if I ignored other contributors to this project! Darklight, thank you as well! Fantastic designs!

Thank you guys, but credit goes where credit is due. I know that my contribution is more easily visible, but if the patches look great, that's Chris (Darklight943) and Thomas Linton's doing . Chris did the graphic design. He our comments and visualized concepts that appealed to what we were looking for. On that area I only made a few suggestions on two patches based on Spark's ideas.

Chris developed the artwork, created the color schemes, and created the Vector files that Stadri used to do the patches. The patches look great becuase a pro did the artwork.

The other side of the coin is that in spite of the problems we had we Stadri, their final work turned out to be superb. They quality of their patches match the quality of the designs. We ended going to Stadri on the recomendation of Thomas Linton who used them in the past for BSA patches. Not only did he stir us right quality wise, but he also saved us money because of Stadri's prices.

Patches have made it to OZ thanks all involved. They look great.
Edgar glad to hear you're feeling better.

If the t-shirt thing gains momentum my offer still stands re: the t-shirt, If darklight is cool with it, I can set it up and individuals can buy what colour what size at any point in time they want(no one need miss out), I wont make anything from it or I could set it up to have the proceeds go to BF. It's possibly not the cheapest way but it may be the easiest.
Here's a link to one of my shirts and you can check out the system. Postage will be cheaper for you in the US as they're printed there.

Cheers

Jules

Edgar, patches also made it a bit lower in Oz! Thanks again, they look brilliant.

Stay safe.

I'm pacing back and forth in front of the mailbox waiting for mine to arrive.It's even worse now that I've seen the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back