Beckerhead Knife Making and Modification Thread

OK, I give. Picked up some cobalt bits today (where the also had LOTS of machine tools, I drooled a little) for a good deal of $3 each and gave it another go trying to expand the 7's bolt holes from 3/16 to 1/4. Made more headway with the cobalt bit, but I don't have the patience to finish ONE let alone two holes. This one will NOT be getting a lanyard attachment, unfortunately. My plan was to use ¼" brass tube as pins...I even have smaller brass tube, but it's 3/16" ID and won't fit either. But I'll roll with it...I mean who really needs a lanyard on a fighting knife, anyway?

Just to keep it hopping, some shizznit happened tonight: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1224264-!Pics-added!-Taking-the-7-towards-quot-tactical-quot?p=14019692#post14019692

15278299878_4d2dcf2ba3_b.jpg

Yup...there's more jimping under those scales....

He does make awesome looking blades. I was just going off the D3 mighty ducks theme and all...

Heh, no I get it.
It's merely that one of Oeser's 'muks is what inspired me to attempt what I've always thought was a hideous looking blade. He managed to pull it off so beautifully, which left a lot of aesthetic room for me to screw up my own version! :)

Sheathing it will be tricky (hopefully this morning), then some finish on the white oak handles and an edge... gotta be done before heading nawth on Friday!

Looks good, Daizee. For many years I also thought that Muks were hideous until I bought one just to try it out. It turned out to be one of my favorite blades.

That looks great, Dres! (and on the other thread)
But how am I going to sell you knives if you're making your own??
*sigh* ;)

This is where im at with my 2nd knife so far.... More info in my WIP thread, but i thought id show it here as well.

15288726308_f00c5396dd.jpg

15288478639_28a6d7c0a5.jpg

What size hole should i drill for a lanyard tube??

Im using 1/8" pins, but id like more room for a lanyard.

I ordered a center punch few days back but they are taking forever to ship so im going to try and use a hammer and a screw/nail to indent a mark for drilling.

This is where im at with my 2nd knife so far.... More info in my WIP thread, but i thought id show it here as well.

15288726308_f00c5396dd.jpg

15288478639_28a6d7c0a5.jpg
Looks like it has a Dubz size handle, haha.

Back