Behold, John Locke's Knives from Lost!

That character was "Ana-Lucia" played by Michelle Rodriguez.

Oops! Rosario Dawson was in Rent. That movie came out during the season of Lost with "Ana Lucia" and I always messed up the names. Not that the ladies look too much alike, I just learned the names at the same time. Oh, well.

I'll restate my question:

Does anyone have a pic of Michelle Rodriguez with the Buck 110?

DD

Hi all, I'm new here. I was looking for John Locke's knifes and the search led me here.

I'm a bit confused by the scattered information in the 6 pages of info, so I'd really appreciate it if someone could post a list off all the knifes in Locke's knife case.

If someone can point me to places where all these knifes can be bought (for cheap preferably) I'd appreciate it greatly. I don;t mind getting knock off of the more expensive knifes, as long as they're a good imitation.

Thanks in advance!

Impressive tracking! I did A search on it because I wanted to see what in he was using in the later eppisodes (the SOG) and thats how I found blade forums, great site!!

if I'd have my choice of blades I'd take the Ka-bar but leave the coating on.
What they should,ve done was find an upstart knife smith and have them make a bunch of knives for the show.They could get them done cheap and they could get the shows name on the knives.As well as making the smith famous.

Hi, all, I am new to this forum, and I'm happy I found it! Does anyone know what kind of backpack Locke uses?

Thanks in advance!!

Hey everyone. I'm having a difficult time completing my collection. I simply cannot find the Master Bowie YD-1215 that Locke uses. I've tried several sites with no luck. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Those are all crappy knives.

The reason for the Armchair Commando knives is that Locke WAS an armchair commando, and a loser in a lot of ways.

He got on the plane on a wheelchair, with the intent of "going on a walkabout" in Australia. The knives are all decent to marginal to crap, because he pretty much just went out and bought a bunch of knives.

One knife I'm NOT seeing in the list was an oversized OD coated recurve, looked similar to the Kershaw Outcast but smaller:
K1079.jpg

**SPOILER**
Anyway, not Locke's knife specifically, but the lead Commando from the ship in the season finale uses a Benchmade Snody Instigator to try to kill Ben and Locke in The Orchid.

220inch5.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys, nice to see this thread still gets traffic! :)

For anyone who's interested, I maintain a more complete version of this thread at losttv:

http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5512

Hi, all, I am new to this forum, and I'm happy I found it! Does anyone know what kind of backpack Locke uses?

In season 1 and 2 Locke used a modified French F1 rucksack, a very handy pack IMO. Unfortunately it was apparently destroyed when The Swan hatch imploded.

In season 3 and 4 Locke uses a US-issue LC-1 ALICE pack, without the frame. IMO a needlessly more complicated pack that is less handy and somewhat uncomfortable to wear.

Hey everyone. I'm having a difficult time completing my collection. I simply cannot find the Master Bowie YD-1215 that Locke uses. I've tried several sites with no luck. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

I have repeatedly tried to find current sources for the Master Bowie, but have failed. Atlantic Cutlery used to carry it, but not anymore. Dubose is where I got mine, but even though their website is still up, I can never get in contact with anyone there, and they don't advertise the knife anymore. All the other places I've tried it always ends up being out of stock. I think the knife must have been discontinued. Amazing that this cheap Chinese knife is now probably the rarest knife in Locke's collection!

I don't know what episode but I'm pretty sure I saw Sun cleaning a fish with an unmodified Ka-Bar

Locke obviously can't get on any knife forums on whatever remote island he has been living on.
What a horrible collection.

Probably we need to pass a message of our disappointment with John Locke's EDCs to the "Lost" team. :D

Love this thread. Always have. Always will.

I paid no attention to Lost for the first few weeks. Then I remember seeing the episode when he opened THAT CASE of knives. That got me hooked, at least for the first season.

i don't know, BUCK, UNITED, MASTER, FURY? seems like this show is more about a guy who gets lost in a chinese flea market. i know this is TV, but come on.

i don't know, BUCK, UNITED, MASTER, FURY? seems like this show is more about a guy who gets lost in a chinese flea market. i know this is TV, but come on.

Hollywood cuts corners like everyone else. I don't think most of America cared what kind of knife Locke carried.

I'm just happy they were featured so prominently, and he had multiple knives for multiple uses.

Sorry for the thread necromancy, but this thread is awesome. I wanted to throw this question out to everyone:

It's pretty obvious that Locke's collection isn't exactly full of the best knives. So let's say you had to recreate Locke's "box o' knives," but with blades that were of better quality and made more sense for a hunter/survivalist to use. Which blades would have in that box?

I've followed Locke's knife changes merely in the fact that he doesn't always have the same knife. With all of the other inconsistent stuff going on in that show I just figure the prop guy grabs 'a knife' from the prop room for each show not caring what he grabs. If they ever gave a clear shot of the knives in the episode I would cry 'product placement' but I haven't noticed that to be the case. Good research on those screen shots, I'll have to be more observant so I can identify the blades in the future...no wait..Locke is dead now...but it's not always 'now' in that show!

Back