Benchmade Discussion without Politics or Insults

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares who they support politically. Doesn’t change the quality of their knives or their commitment to the customers. I’ll continue to buy benchmades exclusively because I like their quality and designs. The fact that they support blue over red is just the icing on the cake for me but even if that were reversed, I’d still buy them.

Last edited:

coinbuysell

Gold Member
OCPD Cpt. Davis said "Oregon City Police do not auction off or sell guns." “...If we did sell a gun legally and it..was used in a violent crime or a murder or something like...we would have to answer to the public to say you had this gun and you had an opportunity to get rid of this gun and now look what it did.”

It? I don't think that I have seen one shoot by itself...

if-guns-kill-people-how-does-anyone-get-out-oe-23314962.png

I have never cared for BM but agree that it is bad "optics". Even though it is HOT right now, I think they will be fine going forward.

Edit: @sre1 just saw your later post and am not trying to say you agree with the OCPD, I have never understood the "people don't kill people, guns kill people" thought process.

Last edited:
I also wanted to point out to all the guys I've seen trying to be clever in their greed and covetousness by saying stuff like "Hey if you hate Benchmade so much you should sell me your knife for nothing" You are not fooling anyone. If you truly love Benchmade stop being cheap and go out and buy a new knife. Used knife purchases don't support a company in need. They might be a huge company but it's a competitive and saturated market, and it's new sales that keep employee's paid and machines running.
I'm pretty sure they are being facetious and essentially telling people to put their money where their collective mouths are. I.e. if you are this upset about it than sell or otherwise get rid of your knives. Don't just complain about it, especially if you've never been a Benchmade owner or even showed interest before. If I felt half the way people are reacting I wouldn't even want one in my house.

This is going to blow over and the parade of dummies who suddenly appeared out of the woodwork will disappear. It's pretty sad when grown adults are so easily swayed by the social media outrage fad... I understand voting with your wallet etc but freaking out based on a single image and no facts is just toeing the line of stupidity that is becoming the norm these days.

I have to say I was never aware that people construed the second amendment to mean guns themselves are sacred. Would you guys be upset if the firearms used in the 2017 Las Vegas Strip shooting were destroyed and not "re-homed", because it's all part of that slippery slope?

I'm pretty sure they are being facetious and essentially telling people to put their money where their collective mouths are. I.e. if you are this upset about it than sell or otherwise get rid of your knives. Don't just complain about it, especially if you've never been a Benchmade owner or even showed interest before. If I felt half the way people are reacting I wouldn't even want one in my house.

This is going to blow over and the parade of dummies who suddenly appeared out of the woodwork will disappear. It's pretty sad when grown adults are so easily swayed by the social media outrage fad... I understand voting with your wallet etc but freaking out based on a single image and no facts is just toeing the line of stupidity that is becoming the norm these days.

I have to say I was never aware that people construed the second amendment to mean guns themselves are sacred. Would you guys be upset if the firearms used in the 2017 Las Vegas Strip shooting were destroyed and not "re-homed", because it's all part of that slippery slope?

If you really believe this will just blow over, you should read my earlier post about Smith and Wesson.
Our rights are sacred. We dont take them lightly, or people/companies who support stealing them from us.

TL;DR
It won't go away easily or quickly.

BTW,
Nothing is wrong with buying a confiscated used gun.
The gun didn't commit a crime, a person did.
There isn't any black magic attached to a used gun.
If that gun was then used by a good guy to save your families life, I doubt you would care who owned it last.

Benchmade responds on their Facebook about the donations. Here is what they said:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When asked specifically, Les stated, “Our recent political contributions have been in favor of state-level legislation supporting a strong manufacturing and business environment here in Oregon while protecting knife owners across the United States in the form of the Interstate Transport Act.” The Interstate Transport Act would have created a federal protection for knife owners, to learn more, see comments.

Thank you to our loyal customers for your continued support. We hope this brings clarity to the situation, and we look forward to serving you.

The Interstate Transport Act would have created a federal protection for knife owners, allowing legal interstate travel with knives, provided the knives are transported to and from states where the law allows possession of said knives, and they are transported in locked containers. This is an act we’ve been trying to see into law over the last five years. While it did not pass in 2018, we hope to see it through into law when it is reintroduced this year.

I stopped liking benchmade when their lifetime warranty replaced my broken international with a $75 dollar gift card that can only be used on their website where everything cost MSRP. Their lifetime warranty means nothing to me. Snap on and Craftsman have better lifetime warranties.

Those guns are likely to be destroyed either way. As soon as they hit auction there is more people willing to spend high amounts just to have them destroyed and those will be the winning bids. The people who just want them re-homed and to remain in circulation aren't likely to pay much more then the market value of them.. So it shows where one political side will win. One side is going to pay any amount just to send a political message.

This will eventually blow over as anything does. Look at Nike. But I'm sure stocks are down with benchmade.

AZ has both the best knife laws, and the best gun laws in the nation...nay the world. Hell, you can even carry a cane sword, or legally conceal a Katana, highlander style. Take a look at the guy on the lightrail in Phoenix.

No need to “grease” with anti 2-A politicians either.

It’s a bogus excuse.

Here’s Les responding to the issue. And by “responding” I mean “completely dancing around the issue without giving any answers whatsoever, and constantly patting himself on the back.”

Bonus for the world’s worst audio. If they’re trying, they ain’t trying hard.

Benchmade responds on their Facebook about the donations. Here is what they said:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When asked specifically, Les stated, “Our recent political contributions have been in favor of state-level legislation supporting a strong manufacturing and business environment here in Oregon while protecting knife owners across the United States in the form of the Interstate Transport Act.” The Interstate Transport Act would have created a federal protection for knife owners, to learn more, see comments.
I'm happy to see Benchmade further explain their donations. Unfortunately, the ability to cross state lines with knives isn't worth any type of Anti-2A legislation that comes along with those politicians.

Not to mention that if those local politicians valued Benchmade as a home state company, they should have done it regardless.

Here’s Les responding to the issue. And by “responding” I mean “completely dancing around the issue without giving any answers whatsoever, and constantly patting himself on the back.”

This whole thing would have died instantly if they had just issued a statement saying: (1) We exercised poor judgment in helping the police cut up the guns and it won't happen again. They could have even blamed it on a low-level employee, and (2) We were involved in a variety of lobbying efforts with the intention of helping knife owners and advancing pro-knife legislation. We recognize that some of our gun-owning customers are offended and for that we are sorry and will consider their wishes when making future donations.

Seriously, it would have been dead by lunchtime on Thursday.

I'm happy to see Benchmade further explain their donations. Unfortunately, the ability to cross state lines with knives isn't worth any type of Anti-2A legislation that comes along with those politicians.

Not to mention that if those local politicians valued Benchmade as a home state company, they should have done it regardless.
I never knew that that crossing state lines with a knife was that big of an issue. Any idea how many people have been arrested for it in the past few years?

Thank you to our loyal customers for your continued support. We hope this brings clarity to the situation, and we look forward to serving you.

The Interstate Transport Act would have created a federal protection for knife owners, allowing legal interstate travel with knives, provided the knives are transported to and from states where the law allows possession of said knives, and they are transported in locked containers. This is an act we’ve been trying to see into law over the last five years. While it did not pass in 2018, we hope to see it through into law when it is reintroduced this year.

I must be missing something. The Senator that introduced S.1092 Interstate Transport Act of 2018 was actually a Republican named Micheal B Enzi. Yet Benchmade never donated a single dime to support him instead decided to support the opposition.

People probably get arrested everyday for it. One knife in one state is legal and then when you cross states its illegal. Like Balisong or switchblade etc.

That cut up mess of a “video” is a joke. Les, didn’t answer one of my concerns much less all he and Benchmade as a company have been accused of. This “video” seems more like incoherent rambling. What exactly was his “perspective”? I didn’t quite catch it. I don’t think this helped anything.

This whole thing would have died instantly if they had just issued a statement saying: (1) We exercised poor judgment in helping the police cut up the guns and it won't happen again. They could have even blamed it on a low-level employee, and (2) We were involved in a variety of lobbying efforts with the intention of helping knife owners and advancing pro-knife legislation. We recognize that some of our gun-owning customers are offended and for that we are sorry and will consider their wishes when making future donations.

Seriously, it would have been dead by lunchtime on Thursday.
Maybe you should be President at Benchmade. You typed that up in 5 minutes and it was worlds better than the guy that founded the damn company. It’s almost like he doesn’t care.

u812

Gold Member
Don't think I would want that law. I can transport knives right now with out them being in a locked box. If this is passed I could see dealers shipping out of state having to ship them in locked boxes.

Read the comments from gun owners directly

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Founder-CEO-of-Benchmade-Responds/5-2196739/

My favorite comment:
"Comments disabled, that company knows they're done"

Norcaldude

Gold Member
As a service to Blade Forum members that are no longer able to stand owning Benchmade knives, I will buy them at 5% of their retail value, assuming the knives are in good condition.

You're welcome!

(I reserve the right to refuse any offer for whatever reason I feel like :p )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Native XF ad, Below bottom BC