benchmade mini ritter & large m-390

FYI, black and orange all come with black screws, clip. The only one going forward with all silver including split arrow clip is the PINK Mini Women's Cancer Donation knife.

Doug, I got a pair of orange (large and small) on Wednesday. Just want to say thanks for your pushing this upgrade ahead, and thanks also to BM and Roger for making this work. I think/hope this will be a stepping stone in a more general forward step in the industry. :thumbup:

:( I just noticed that the painted clip started to rub off on my 5.11's. Why don't they make the parkerized one standard? :confused:

Mini orange arrived yesterday. Blade is dead centered, and it's got the Axis lock smoothness right out of the box. I love the black hardware with the orange, just in time for Halloween! Love the clip too, I am not a fan of the split arrow.

Got my regular and mini yesterday, I am very pleased, with both the knife and the great service from the Knifeworks folks.

Arrival of my regular black handled Ritter yesterday + perfect centering + very sharp + 2 drops oil = happy camper.

Passing through, checking the forum on my way to the rack - too funny, laughed out loud. I got my orange pair yesterday. I predict you'll be happy. :thumbup:
I'm beyond thrilled. I haven't used it much so far, but I'm finding excuses every chance I get. The mini Griptilian is my favorite model to carry for everyday tasks - The Ritter version makes it just that much better. I urge anyone on the fence to give one a whirl, mini or full. It's one of those models I wish I had purchased earlier in my knife addiction.

Large Black M390 in today.
Super sharp, centered and stellar lock up. I cannot wait to use this puppy. What a blade.

After carrying it all day and using it for anything I could , I am even more excited.
I have a little present coming for Russia to pimp my baby out.
Cant wait to get home Monday and strop it!

Last edited:
Mine came home happy from the mail today to a black micarta cuscadi scale....:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 96
You guys are killing me with these . I don't know how much longer I can hold off on ordering one of these.

This is a real step forward with a really nice folder. In the overall scheme of Benchmade's MAP pricing, these actually look like a good value now. :eek: :thumbup:

Me too I'm trapped!
Ordered one mini and one large in M390.
But hey, I have ordered already two in S30V... Going bankruptcy or at least my wife will kick me outta home.
And they are all orange too.
Craziness but I'm so happy.

Thanks a lot Doug. You have a great vision and I think this will be the key of your success ever and ever.
And also the key for our happiness. :)

I always try to be fair and objective. As much as it pains me to say this, but here is my constructive criticism.

I have received 552-1401 the other day. I went through all checks and test. Unfortunately, there were M390 shavings covering the pivot. The pivot was covered with rather excessive oil.

I have carefully removed shavings, but it does not swing well. I need to remove cover, and practically fully disassemble them. Sure enough, phosphor bronze washer has circular scratch and covered with oil mixed with metallic powder.

I would like to think I have hit the jackpot (negative one) and hoping for it to be a rare condition. I have already disassembled and clean. polish the washer and inside of liner. Needless to say it is one of the most disappointed in assembly QC.

Don't get me wrong, I still love AXIS lock and design, philosophy of BKC, but this loss of attention to the detail is very displeasing.

Hope you all have received clean and well centered blade.

(Edit:) BKC rep has been talking with me about this. I am glad they have acknowledged and I'm sure it will be well taken care of.

Now that I have made 552GrBk-1401: MFL Fusion.

5515RSK-REI_MFLFusion_L_zpse3aa0af4.png

5515RSK-REI_MFLFusion_R_zps76182eaf.png

Last edited:
I have owned many, but I just realized this is my first Benchmade I purchased in about 5 years. I was turned off for a while, but this one made me happy.

Mine had lots of oil, no blade play and a centered blade. Gritty as well.
I added some more rem-oil blew it out, used it for 48 hours and she is smooth as butter.
I like it to come smelling like work. I like to use it for a few weeks to break it in, then do a tear down. I as well always smooth out those washers.

Im happy as long as-

-Centered blade or near it
-Good even edge grind
-Perfect lock up

If they would hire a bunch of us knife nuts to over see the different models during assembly.
I guarantee they or any other production company would lose 50% of its product lol.

Last edited:
I like mine.
Super sharp and .022" behind the edge this one is a slicer.
Nice

Mobile Fire Lord,
All this talk and I did mine.
Washers and all, what are the pin holes in the blade for under the washer.
I have seen them before. Is it a lazer test or RC test.
Matt

Orange mini ordered! Finally gonna check out a Ritter grip! Actually it will my first Grip! I've handled a few but haven't owned one yet. Hoping I like it. If I do, some Ti scales may be in my future!

Mobile Fire Lord,
All this talk and I did mine.
Washers and all, what are the pin holes in the blade for under the washer.
I have seen them before. Is it a lazer test or RC test.
Matt

No worries. I too like working with well crafted knives like Benchmade anyway :D

My mini came in covered in oil and with side to side blade play. It's as if it's loose but the pivot is tight. I haven't had time to do anything with it yet. My work schedule is crazy right now. I should have trusted my instincts, based on past experiences and stayed away.

Back