Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

I doubt any casual knife abuser would be able to tell the difference between the 2....unless of course they push their steel to the boundaries of its limitations!

If I had to take an educmacated guess: CPK, Keffeler and S! have the proprietary rights to that HT tweak. It's like holding a patent I suppose, but don't know if there's a term on those sorta things.

Well, Nathan doesn't add anything to the steel. So technically there is no reason someone couldn't do the same as or even improve upon the Delta protocol. I presume in time it will become the new standard, or something will eclipse it in performace.

There will always be different preferences and different steels to match. I see the desire for the softer steels that are easy to sharpen being popular in dry places for years to come.

S90V has been insane for me. It looses its razor edge pretty quick but retains a working edge for ever. M390 has been really good too. I'd never hesitate about corossion causing conditions with either nor want another steel in my pocket from what's currently available.

But Delta 3V beats everything I've tried in fixed blades for most chores and when I combine it's corrosion resistance, I couldn't come up with anything better. Sure can't say I'd prefer A2, O1 etc.

^ maybe Nathan doesn't add anything to the steel, but Jo sprinkles a copious amount of her Angelic dust on the steel before baking it. Therein lies the proprietary difference :)

Edit: I was just told what "angel dust" means on the street. Fooque did I know! I come from the genes of ancient goat herders from mountainous regions. With profuse apologies to Jo, the phrased changed to Angelic Dust :)

Last edited:
91bravo said:
Holy crap those pics turned out gigantic

Love the Fiddleback Camp!!!

Insert a small 'L' right before the period in .jpg and it will downsize it some. That size usually works better for me in the portrait-oriented photos.

GoByH0Cl.jpg

Not so much but it's still awkward.

Don't get me wrong, the handle and blade definitely do their job. It's just the little things..!

No worries, I get it bud. There's got to be some respectful critique or we're just an echo chamber right? Thanks for the thoughts :thumbsup:

I've got one of Chris' SAR models which I think is pretty close to the voyager. I haven't used it in awhile but the three knives I have from him have performed very nicely. The one slight complaint, and it's completely subjective, is that they all have polished G10 scales.

Thanks for the reply Adam. I've got to try something from him someday. They look so slicey!

Last edited:
^ maybe Nathan doesn't add anything to the steel, but Jo sprinkles a copious amount of her Angelic dust on the steel before baking it. Therein lies the proprietary difference :)

Edit: I was just told what "angel dust" means on the street. Fooque did I know! I come from the genes of ancient goat herders from mountainous regions. With profuse apologies to Jo, the phrased changed to Angelic Dust :)
Fantastic.. this solicited a genuine laugh from me.

^ very nice :thumbsup:

Thanks for the name shoutout so I looked them up: 14.5" OAL and 7.25" ish head, 2.5" ish blade breadth for 249 including all the bells and whistles (leatherwork). Not bad!

If I ever zombify, I won't be seeking you out ;)

Last edited:
Now that is my speed. If you don't wanna post it publicly, would you mind shooting me a PM with a price and how long your wait was? If not, I get it.

Less than a couple months and a tad under $300, basic hand stitched leather sheath included. Robert is currently underrated. He just finished a new shop, can't wait to see what he comes out with once benches are built, and everything is ready to go.

Peters did the HT @61. I'm waiting to hear the details on what protocol they used. Not expecting Delta, for the record.

Can't see this being anything but an awesome value and great piece.

Back