Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Tonight, let it be VJP and a RR gunstock (thanks, Barrett):
View attachment 912725

Looks tasty, GT! And, maybe it's just been a long week, but I could swear your RR gunstock is flashing me the peace sign. ;)

My 43 frontier with a frontier justice IPA
5D7913BE-60FC-4D56-92CF-24866823BF49.jpg

It's the power of suggestion from the brewery's name, perhaps, but that hazy IPA looks kinda like pecan pie filling. Does it taste anything like it? :D A fine pairing to be sure, no matter what.

I'm welcoming the long weekend with a new cocktail called "A Walk in the Woods" that is made with that Björk birch liqueur that I brought back from Iceland. It's got a good dose of it, a bigger dose of gin, and (my deviation from the recipe) a dash of bitters. Pretty tasty.

1fbAeAMh.jpg

Have a great weekend everyone.

Based on your comments about M Mitt 's and my posts, I'd say that Icelandic cocktail you made really enhances your imagination, Greg!! :thumbsup::D:D

- GT

It's the power of suggestion from the brewery's name, perhaps, but that hazy IPA looks kinda like pecan pie filling. Does it taste anything like it? :D A fine pairing to be sure, no matter what.
It was very tasty but nothing like a pecan pie. It was citrusy and creamy with some pine thrown for that last lingering flavor. It went well with the pork tenderloin sandwich that had lots of jalapeños.

that drink does sound good. I haven’t had a mixed drink since I had a couple of sazeracs at Christmas. If I ever see any Björk I’ll be sure to pick some up.

I've been enjoying it quite a bit. If you find a bottle, definitely give it a shot. I don't think its distributed widely, but a quick search did find one online US distributer.

Really nice collection there. I haven't tried that bourbon, but I'm intrigued. Is the fixed blade also a Buck? I really like its classic look.

Today my wife and I headed across the Bay for the Fremont Burger & Brew Fest. It was a relatively small street festival with several local breweries and food trucks represented. This picture is from about halfway through our visit when we stopped for lunch:

z0iYR1dh.jpg

In my glass is Drake's Best Coast IPA, which was OK, but not the best of the day. Those honors go to an IPA from Strike Brewing of San Jose, CA called Willie Haze. Sorry, no pictures, but you'll have to trust me that it was both hazy and tasty. tmd_87 tmd_87 , I'm not sure whether you'll find it in your area, but check it out if you see it. I think it'd be up your alley.

The water pictured was part of a whole bag of goodies my wife got for being a designated driver. A nice touch. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I've been enjoying it quite a bit. If you find a bottle, definitely give it a shot. I don't think its distributed widely, but a quick search did find one online US distributer.

Really nice collection there. I haven't tried that bourbon, but I'm intrigued. Is the fixed blade also a Buck? I really like it's classic look.

Today my wife and I headed across the Bay for the Fremont Burger & Brew Fest. It was a relatively small street festival with several local breweries and food trucks represented. This picture is from about halfway through our visit when we stopped for lunch:

z0iYR1dh.jpg

In my glass is Drake's Best Coast IPA, which was OK, but not the best of the day. Those honors go to an IPA from Strike Brewing of San Jose, CA called Willie Haze. Sorry, no pictures, but you'll have to trust me that it was both hazy and tasty. tmd_87 tmd_87 , I'm not sure whether you'll find it in your area, but check it out if you see it. I think it'd be up your alley.

The water pictured was part of a whole bag of goodies my wife got for being a designated driver. A nice touch. :thumbsup:
I will be on the lookout! Thanks for the heads up!!!:cool:

I know
Me too.
I found a full fold out cover Slade vinyl in an op shop. Colour booklet pages all intact.
Too bad the LP had been left on the back step in the sun .unplayable.
Jack
When I die and go to hell Lucifer himself will hand me a beer and say "meakohhh good ta see ya mate get the fire going will ya" I'll be thinking hey this isnt so bad. Then the horn ed one will say " Ive got the collected works of Racey for you to listen to."

It wasn't the one where they have 'SLADE' Biroed on their knuckles (and thumbs) was it?! :D :thumbsup:

z0iYR1dh.jpg

That sounds like a great day out Greg :thumbsup:

I came across this festival at The Cricketer's Arms in the small West Yorkshire town of Horbury yesterday.

IMG_2237S.JPG

They had a great line of beers on, and I'd have been happy to stay there all day :) That wasn't possible sadly, but I did strike gold with a pint of one Red Willow's Faithless specials :) :thumbsup:

2018 Ebony Guardians Lambsfoot 2-5.JPG

https://www.redwillowbrewery.com/

Thai for lunch today, and...:)

2018 Ebony Guardians Lambsfoot 3-4.JPG

Really nice collection there. I haven't tried that bourbon, but I'm intrigued. Is the fixed blade also a Buck? I really like its classic look.

z0iYR1dh.jpg

Oh that food looks so so good :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Yes, the fixed blade is a Buck, it an Alaskan Guide model from Cabelas, a 192 Vanguard. The Bourbon is from a small new distillery in Eastern PA, and it is very good. :)

Thanks to @Wurrwulf and @btb01 for describing Kolsch style beer to me, and advising that it's a fine summer brew. :thumbsup::cool::cool: Being a fan of the canoe pocket knife pattern, I couldn't pass up Leinenkugel's Canoe Paddler Kolsch-style after their recommendations. And it is as crisp and refreshing as Shawn and Barrett suggested! :thumbsup:;):thumbsup:
case.amber.canoe.leiniecanoepaddler.jpg

- GT

They had a great line of beers on, and I'd have been happy to stay there all day :) That wasn't possible sadly, but I did strike gold with a pint of one Red Willow's Faithless specials :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 913603

https://www.redwillowbrewery.com/

Oh aye Redwillow do some nice ales. They have a snazzy bar in Macclesfield, and I've had some at the Manchester and Chester ale festivals :thumbsup: Some of their beers are "Craft Beers" so there all hoppy stuff in tins. :D
I'm off the ale at the mo :(
KWmTiRg.jpg

Oh aye Redwillow do some nice ales. They have a snazzy bar in Macclesfield, and I've had some at the Manchester and Chester ale festivals :thumbsup: Some of their beers are "Craft Beers" so there all hoppy stuff in tins. :D
I'm off the ale at the mo :(
KWmTiRg.jpg

Yes, I have always enjoyed their beers :) The one I had yesterday really hit the spot, I could have drunk it all day :) I tried a pretty good Porter from Magic Rock too :thumbsup:

Great pic Mark :thumbsup:

It wasn't the one where they have 'SLADE' Biroed on their knuckles (and thumbs) was it?! :D :thumbsup:

No its called Sladest.
The one youre thinking of is SLAYED.
I havr that one as well.
For some Slade based hilarity check out Reeves and Mortimers slade on holiday vids on youtube.

Back