Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Snowy day
yYfIPLX.jpeg

Here's another beer my daughter brought from Minnesota for me to try, when she, her fiancé, and her dog came to visit for a week in the middle of December. It's a vanilla porter in 16 oz. cans, and I thought it was very good (although I've seldom met a porter I did NOT like).
headflyer.vanbean.porter.jpeg

Here's the label on the back of the can, explaining the origin of the brewery's name.
headflyer.label.jpeg

- GT

I love everything about that picture Barrett. However, I usually order my margaritas on the rocks to avoid the “brain freeze” I always get from drinking them too fast! 🤣

Thanks, Todd. I like ‘em both ways. Julie ordered first and I just went for the same. Of course, she also forgot that she’d normally get a medium at this place, and instead asked for a large, which definitely lived up to its name. 😁

Fresh brewed loose leaf Yorkshire Red tea, Bunny #291, and Weidmannsheil (lockback) "sodbuster".
View attachment 2455908
(note on wall is just a list of inked fountain pens with witch ink. Nothing of local, national, nor even international importance.)
(nor straining i's to reed.)
Ooh, what inks and fountain pens? Also that tea looks calm and relaxing. If your area is anything like mine right now, it is probably the perfect drink to beat the cold.

Here is my carry and drink for today. Colonial pen knife with yellow scales and a red lanyard for the Chiefs game today, and coffee because it is ridiculously cold outside.

Ooh, what inks and fountain pens?
Jinhao 95, (five) X450 and (two) 950 cartridge/converter with converter, 3x Hero 329 "Star Trek" (Star Trek like emblem on the hoods), 1x Hero 1107 with Aeromerric fill, like the vintage Parker Super 21 and some 51's.
Inks are various Noodler's Bulletproof and Archival.
I try for common pen-ink colors ... example: Blue Marble X450 has Bad Blue Heron ink. The Kurve Red X450 (and dragon art work 950) are dedicated with Noodler's Qin Shi Haung/First Emperor Magenta.
Grey Marble X450 has Noodler's Lexington Gray (very dark, virtually black from this pen. Some of my others are a lighter "pencil gray" with that ink.)

Jinhao 95, (five) X450 and (two) 950 cartridge/converter with converter, 3x Hero 329 "Star Trek" (Star Trek like emblem on the hoods), 1x Hero 1107 with Aeromerric fill, like the vintage Parker Super 21 and some 51's.
Inks are various Noodler's Bulletproof and Archival.
I try for common pen-ink colors ... example: Blue Marble X450 has Bad Blue Heron ink. The Kurve Red X450 (and dragon art work 950) are dedicated with Noodler's Qin Shi Haung/First Emperor Magenta.
Grey Marble X450 has Noodler's Lexington Gray (very dark, virtually black from this pen. Some of my others are a lighter "pencil gray" with that ink.)
Thanks for the reply! That Star Trek looking Hero sound like something I need to look into.

Noodler's does make some great inks, especially the bulletproof series. I am a big fan of Purple Wampum. If you like trying out a bunch of inks, I have also found Diamine has some great colors that you can get in tiny bottles to try out a few. Oxblood and Tyrian Purple are 2 I enjoy from them.

Almost 2 months ago, I bought this 12-can variety pack of 3 types of Roak Devil Dog Oatmeal Stout. I finished the last of it before Christmas, but never got around to posting any photos until now. I had actually tried a 6-pack of the French Toast Oatmeal Stout last March. It's pretty good stout, but has a very definite French toast (or, more accurately, maple syrup) taste/smell. In the photo, the beer can is shown with a bowl of white chicken chili from the bakery down the alley; not an ideal pairing of food and drink, to say the least!
roak.frtoast.whtchcknchli.jpeg

When I had the French Toast Oatmeal Stout last spring, I saw the "Devil Dog" phrase on the label, but thought that the design on the can was just some kind of abstract geometrical art. It wasn't until I was taking a photo of the box that contained the 12-pack that I noticed "the dog" and the company name ROAK in the design. My eyes are not what they used to be! o_O
roak.varietypack.front.jpeg

- GT

Back