• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Beware Foster Impact Devices - Blackjacks

I contacted Scott Foster of Foster Impact Devices through his email on his website about making me a blackjack. It took a few emails before he responded back, but I just took that to mean he's a busy guy; in retrospect I suppose it should have been a red flag. When he finally did write back, he answered my questions and recommend a model to me. I asked how much he would charge to make it for me and about the shipping and amount of time it would take to make. He gave me a price and said it would just take a few days after my order to complete it. Great, so far so good.

I put some money aside over the next weeks and then wrote him back that I was ready to put my order in for the blackjack we discussed, and asked how he would prefer me to send payment. I didn't receive a reply back. I emailed him again a few days later; still no reply. He had mentioned previously that he checked his facebook more often than his email though, so I found his FB group and sent him a direct message saying that I was ready to put an order in. No reply back. So a couple of days later I posted a public post on his FB group saying that I'm ready to put in my order and just need to know how to pay for it.

Finally, Scott decided to respond back to my post, by cursing at me, calling me names, and threatening me, because according to him I feel "entitled" by expecting him to make anything for me, despite being in the business of making and selling these, and despite our emails where he gave me a price to make one. It seems that during our email exchange he had decided to change business strategies and only allow people to buy his products after they jump through hoops and play guessing games on FB in order to win the opportunity to purchase one. Of course, instead of relating this to me he decided to just not reply to my messages. It's also interesting to note that his FB followers seem to have a rabid devotion to him, and are cheering him on as he behaves like a crazy person. Apparently, cursing at your potential customers for the grave insult of trying to give you money is the sort of behaviour some people find cheer worthy.

So for what it's worth, that was my experience trying to buy a blackjack from Fosters. If that sounds like the sort of customer experience you would like to have, feel free to do business with him. Or, do like me and try out one of the other makers instead.

There are other lower cost US made options available. That's an unfortunate.and strange experience you had.

Yea, it was pretty weird. I buy a lot of handmade stuff and I usually have really good experiences with makers. Every now and then though the seller is a butt or just ghosts on me, but at least this time I hadn't handed any money over yet.

I ended up putting an order in with DD Whips; someone saw my post in Foster's group and referred me to him. I should have it next week or so. He was way more professional to work with.

Well, new twist to the story, Scott Foster saw a negative review I put on youtube and now he's emailing me threats that I should "watch my back" if I don't take them down. What a wack job.

Oh, and he included pictures of me and my wife that he found online. Guess that's supposed to intimidate me.

Well, new twist to the story, Scott Foster saw a negative review I put on youtube and now he's emailing me threats that I should "watch my back" if I don't take them down. What a wack job.

Oh, and he included pictures of me and my wife that he found online. Guess that's supposed to intimidate me.
File a police report. That's a threat.

He sounds rather thin-skinned and hostile. Bad combo. Definitely bring it to the attention of law enforcement.

I might. I’m not afraid of the guy though, it’s not like we live in the same state.

I did wake up to an email that he’s going to make a negative YouTube review of a T-shirt business I own in retaliation lol. Go ahead, I just run that website as a hobby and nobody knows about it; even negative publicity would probably be good for it.

I dealt with Scott years ago, and I never had any trouble at all. Apparently, things have changed.
He was an active member here bank then. I don't recall his handle, but maybe he'll check in.

I might. I’m not afraid of the guy though, it’s not like we live in the same state.

I did wake up to an email that he’s going to make a negative YouTube review of a T-shirt business I own in retaliation lol. Go ahead, I just run that website as a hobby and nobody knows about it; even negative publicity would probably be good for it.

I wouldn't be worried about him doing anything even if he were in the same state; guys like this are cowards.

He does need to be held accountable for his actions though.

Tell him to never contact you again, and if he does, you can file a report for "harassment by computer".

I dealt with Scott years ago, and I never had any trouble at all. Apparently, things have changed.
He was an active member here bank then. I don't recall his handle, but maybe he'll check in.

That's what surprised me, I've only read positive things about him online, and everyone who owns one of his Jacks seems to be happy. So I expected that he was going to be a professional. Not sure what changed. Maybe he just doesn't like my face lol.

I've decided to remove my negative online reviews, except for this one. His cult-like fb followers have been sending constant hate mail to my fb and youtube. Easy enough to block and mute, but this has gone on long enough. Wish I had never contacted the man.

There are so many worthy and polite people to do business with. Never give an egotistical fool, more than a few moments of your time.

I'd encourage you not to give in to the bully tactics of Scott Foster of Foster Impact Devices, but it's your decision. Kudos to you for speaking out in the first place against the horrible customer service of Scott Foster of Foster Impact Devices. At least this thread will safely stand as evidence of the negative experience you had with Scott Foster of Foster Impact Devices, so anyone who Google searches Scott Foster of Foster Impact Devices will see this thread.

And to Scott Foster of Foster Impact Devices and his followers: shame on you. A real man and custom creator would be able to take fair criticism, but clearly Scott Foster of Foster Impact Devices is not.

Stress and break people and success can warp ones point of view but I would say those are the two bet bets for a change in behavior like this.

Back