• Swinguard Spear 4"

Votes: 28 10.8%
  • Gunstock Clip 3 1/2"

Votes: 64 24.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see some movement on the BF Traditional - much appreciated!!

With all of the other disappointments this year, I was just chalking the 2020 Traditional up to another corona cancellation.

I voted for the swayback - that one just looks really usable and old-timey.

Thanks for even considering putting yourself through this, Mike.

best

mqqn

I voted for the Swayback Wharncliffe and the Barlow, although I would much prefer the Swayback. I think a nice natural wood or jigged bone would be fantastic.

Seriously, those of you who have Barlow as second choice, think about only voting for what you really want. Otherwise, all of those second place Barlow votes will drive us to the Barlow. That wouldn't be terrible, but we have three other options that would be better, IMO.

I must say i'm also excited at this proposal and a nice swayback would make me very happy. also i agree that Rams Horn would be just swell for this knife and lion steel does rams horn very very well. I have three Rams horn Barlow and they are just gorgeous all of them. i don't think I've ever seen a bad rams horn from Lion steel. Go Rams!!!

I voted sowbelly and gunstock, but if I had to choose between the barlow and swayback, I'd vote swayback. It is a cool pattern and the Forum Knife has had a couple of barlows over the years, but no "vipers" yet.

Maybe now that some mock-ups have been shown and people already voted, there could be a second round of voting of the top four with only one vote allowed?

Not trying to over complicate or bog things down though.

I suspect with a close top 2 and people having 2 votes there might be a runoff between the top 2 where we only get to vote for 1 so vote all you votes people and vote for your top 2 picks.

I've already voted, (swayback) but, honestly, I'd be ok with ANY of these.... including the swing guard (which I normally detest). The only ones I would not be as interested in are the two that I already have in my collection.... the barlow, and the otnat... but even a bolus with a different blade style would be ok...

This Italian collaboration is just a win-win-win, etc... all the way around, in my not-so-humble opinion. :thumbsup:

hornetguy hornetguy I'm kinda the same I am not really interested in those I already have which for me is the Barlow and Swayback but the Barlow in a different blade shape than what I have would be appealing the swayback with only 1 blade option is basically dead last/not of any interest to me right now.

The most interesting to me are the Gunstock and Swinguard which would be completely new models. I am just 1 person so let the forum decide what they want I am sure plenty will buy in the end no matter what wins out.

I have had every variant of the Euro Barlow (with regards to blade shapes) pass through my hands and my favorites are the Shuffler and the Warhorse. I traded away my Shuffler to a buddy (see above ;)) and have not replaced it yet - mostly because I vastly prefer the Rams Horn on these knives and I haven't been able to find one since.

The Warhorse is an exceptional knife with a lot of cutting power packed into a nice tidy package. It's a no-nonsense knife and one that provides a worry and hassle free experience when working hard or hardly working - depending on one's interpretation... :D

PkwOVYC.jpg

Dam6NNv.jpg
I'd be very happy with either of those

Maybe now that some mock-ups have been shown and people already voted, there could be a second round of voting of the top four with only one vote allowed?

Not trying to over complicate or bog things down though.
Not to further over complicate this, but one of the top 2 is actually 3 options in itself. So a top 4 runoff is really just the top 2! :confused:

We will also need polling for cover materials, screw pitch, edge angle, color of box it comes in, and a lot of other stuff, so even if we go Italiano, there is major polling work to be conducted.

I would guess only one or two more polls (assuming no runoff): (1) which blade shape, if barlow or bolus wins, and (2) cover material.

In todays complicated world why not go for the Swayback and save the struggle!

Who am I kidding? We love these polls and process as much as the final product.

If the Bolus and Swing guard folks could move to the Gunstock camp then folks we really have a race!

But seriously,,,vote Swayback!

,,,Mike in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back