• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

bh49 is not bad news - beware of Tulku.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it looks like the op has vanished....really hope he comes to his senses and apologizes

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

Haha
Just read the whole thing.
Bh49: good
Tulku: set on ignore

Glad esav changed the title
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent title change Esav!!
👍👍👍
Joe

I apologize for beaing away, (travel for a family members birthday - I had intended to give this knife as a gift) I feel I have explained myself clearly, I had / have strong doubts about the sellers integretey, especially when I explained my circumstances, my dissatisfaction with the knife and I felt I was being accused of attempting to defraud him in some way. As I said the seller claimed to have inspected the knife before listing it for sale. When it arrived the lock up was dangerously loose (in my opinion) FWIW I worked at a knife shop here in Arizona in the late 80s that sold spyderco almost exclusively, since that time I've handled thousands of spyderco and other knives, I feel confident in my appraisal of it being faulty. When the selle "agreed" to refund my money upon inspection (a secondary inspection, when he noticed nothing in the first place) I felt less than confident and ask for a refund (also because I had invested the money I had allocated to purchase a gift for said relative, this was explained to the seller)
Yes I can buy new knives when I'm looking for "perfection" but there are plenty of great people here that stand behind what they have to offer and describe their items accurately. Also, this particular knife has been discontinued, it's only available on the secondary market and hard to find for a reasonable price.
Listen, while words are great at conveying intentions, it's our actions that define us.
If after anyone here reads my "bitch fit" and this keeps you from selling knives to me because you think I will find fault in them then I will have to live with that. It was not my intention to destroy only to warn and hopefully teach a lesson - but perhaps I'm the only one getting schooled here since it appears I have unrealistic expectations.

My final thought, I would not ask anyone to do something I would not do myself.

I apologize for beaing away, (travel for a family members birthday - I had intended to give this knife as a gift) I feel I have explained myself clearly, I had / have strong doubts about the sellers integretey, especially when I explained my circumstances, my dissatisfaction with the knife and I felt I was being accused of attempting to defraud him in some way. As I said the seller claimed to have inspected the knife before listing it for sale. When it arrived the lock up was dangerously loose (in my opinion) FWIW I worked at a knife shop here in Arizona in the late 80s that sold spyderco almost exclusively, since that time I've handled thousands of spyderco and other knives, I feel confident in my appraisal of it being faulty. When the selle "agreed" to refund my money upon inspection (a secondary inspection, when he noticed nothing in the first place) I felt less than confident and ask for a refund (also because I had invested the money I had allocated to purchase a gift for said relative, this was explained to the seller)
Yes I can buy new knives when I'm looking for "perfection" but there are plenty of great people here that stand behind what they have to offer and describe their items accurately. Also, this particular knife has been discontinued, it's only available on the secondary market and hard to find for a reasonable price.
Listen, while words are great at conveying intentions, it's our actions that define us.
If after anyone here reads my "bitch fit" and this keeps you from selling knives to me because you think I will find fault in them then I will have to live with that. It was not my intention to destroy only to warn and hopefully teach a lesson - but perhaps I'm the only one getting schooled here since it appears I have unrealistic expectations.

Send the knife back and get a refund, in that order. Considering the way you've handled this situation from the beginning, I'm honestly surprised that you are old enough to have been alive in the 80s.

You behaved really poorly here, and I would never do business with you. Also, it's clear to me now that you most likely have buyer's remorse. I can't think of any other reason that you'd lose your mind over $50, and then demand the money because "you need it to purchase a gift for a relative". Was $50 that big a deal to you? Apparently so, and you should remember this transaction fondly, since it will be one of your last. Most people do a search on their transaction partner here when they buy or sell, and when they do, this thread is going to come up and you most likely will not enjoy being snubbed. You are more drama than you're worth, and that's immediately apparent.

Good work, man. Hope you enjoyed ruining yourself over a measly $50. LOL Nose to spite the face, really.

On the Ignore list you go.

The Title change is AWESOME...
Proves you let your tongue slip and place your foot in your mouth
Especially posting PUBLICLY... Bad will only come in the end..

ESAV Kudos my friend...Kudos....On outstanding TITLE Change..Awesome...:thumbup:

Ignore list growing Tulku and only the 3rd of January 2017
I read and reread post like these because they are so amusing
and show the buyer/sellers immaturity and lack of character...
I will never do business with people that DO NOT try a resolution privately
and or involve a MOD to help before they post in here and it seems more
times than not..It goes poorly..Trying to prove a point or TEACH a lesson..
REALLY...Poor very very poor how this all was handled on posters part..

BH49 Extremely proud of you and your integrity and character
to keep a cool head and as its been said..Be the bigger person.

As for a refund..I get the knife back --Buyer gets a refund..
Really can not for the life of me people are so ignorant to think
that is even an option...AMAZING...

As it has been pointed out..A $50 transaction and the end result..
Many people will not deal with you simply due to this thread..
You reap what you sow...

Everyone has a blessed 2017

Last edited:
You behaved really poorly here, and I would never do business with you. Also, it's clear to me now that you most likely have buyer's remorse. I can't think of any other reason that you'd lose your mind over $50, and then demand the money because "you need it to purchase a gift for a relative". Was $50 that big a deal to you? Apparently so, and you should remember this transaction fondly, since it will be one of your last. Most people do a search on their transaction partner here when they buy or sell, and when they do, this thread is going to come up and you most likely will not enjoy being snubbed. You are more drama than you're worth, and that's immediately apparent.

Good work, man. Hope you enjoyed ruining yourself over a measly $50. LOL Nose to spite the face, really.

On the Ignore list you go.

Ditto! + a whole bunch of expletives...!

Care to address the negative feedback you have left bh49?

Not taking sides but did they not leave negative feedback for each other?

... I had / have strong doubts about the sellers integretey, especially when I explained my circumstances, my dissatisfaction with the knife and I felt I was being accused of attempting to defraud him in some way. As I said the seller claimed to have inspected the knife before listing it for sale. When it arrived the lock up was dangerously loose (in my opinion) ...

If the seller felt like what you were describing was not what he sent out, then I'm sure that raised some red flags in his mind. You do realize that people have played switcheroo tricks like that before right? So him saying, "send back the knife so I can inspect it" does not imply that you are trying to pull the switcheroo, he is just trying to protect himself from that particular scam. I would do the same thing unless I was dealing with someone that I felt I knew pretty well and trusted. If there actually is a problem with the knife, then you deserve a refund and apology, but you came off as a bit of a hysterical person (to me anyway), so it seems logical (to me) that you could blow things out of proportion.

Even after everyone (all of people here) have explained to the OP that he was wrong; he still doesn't get it. I think further attempts to get him to "understand" are simply a waste of time. Definitely not someone to deal with.

Gentlemen,

Thank you for support. Tulku sent me a message that the knife was already sent.
Also I would like to correct something. I am not sure where $50 knife come from. May be this is just a matter of speech. I would like to be clear. I sold the knife for $100 shipped and insured. This is sprint run and originally was sold for around $70. Currently these knives available on e-bay in $120-$145 range.
Roman

Tulku You have nothing else to add to this?
Guess being raked across the coals was enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back