Big EDC Folder Recomendations.

Wolverine666

Gold Member
I'm currently on the hunt for a bigger size edc folder for under $400. Non-flippers only.

My current picks are the Cold Steel 4-Max and BM Crooked River.

The 4-Max looks really interesting so I'm sort of favoring it right now. Not sure how the fit and finish on CS knives is. Never owned one.

What else should I be looking at?

I saw the title and thought Crooked River. The 4-Max is much heavier/bulkier if that matters at all. Also, removing the clip on the 4-Max may compromise the structural integrity of the knife (I recall you like to remove all clips).

You might find a a Spartan Harsey at that range. It’s a very well built knife.

I saw the title and thought Crooked River. The 4-Max is much heavier/bulkier if that matters at all. Also, removing the clip on the 4-Max may compromise the structural integrity of the knife (I recall you like to remove all clips).

You might find a a Spartan Harsey at that range. It’s a very well built knife.
Removing the clip has that much of an adverse effect on the 4-Max? Is it pinned?

I always liked the look of the Sal Manaro Stingray. Boker made a nice copy of it. Probably hard to find now.

Southern Grind Bad monkey is nice too. I have one and really like it.

Spyderco Police 4

And Wolverine666 Wolverine666 is there anything that is better than a Millie? Like Really better?

If I was going to drop the money for a big boy it would be a Spartan Harsey Folder. They are pretty sweet...but i still have yet to find anything that out performs the old C36

Ive got mine dialed in perfectly, drops shut, zero play. Mine is the older version that had the clear polymer and full liners, although I’ve broken the clear cage and had them send me a black replacement.

And Wolverine666 Wolverine666 is there anything that is better than a Millie? Like Really better?

If I was going to drop the money for a big boy it would be a Spartan Harsey Folder. They are pretty sweet...but i still have yet to find anything that out performs the old C36
I have to agree. The Military is in a class by itself in my opinion. But I've been carrying a Military (one variation or another) on me daily for months now. I'd just like to change it up a bit and try some new steel.

No one is suggsting a CRK?
Just throwing it out there.:thumbsup:

And I'll second the Bad Monkey.
Very well made knife with many options at a good price if you look around.
I dig my Monkeys.
PpdTDFJ.jpg

Removing the clip has that much of an adverse effect on the 4-Max? Is it pinned?
It uses Chicago screws in the clip that also hold the backspace in. Not sure if they would tighten up enough without the clip in place.

Wolverine666 Wolverine666 i have had a millie in my pocket for the last 4 years I think. Everytime I bought something else, I just ended up back at the Military.

I feel ya though. Sometimes variety is needed

Back